Thread: Small screenshots uploaded

Small screenshots uploaded

Why do screenshots from iOS 9 upload so small? How do I fix it?
    Here, there, everywhere...

If I understood it correctly, Apple is trying to outsource the photos - El Capitan will cause the same issue, I don't know if it's the same for the upload or a taken screenshot, but previously it was possible to select the original size of a photo or two smaller files if you sent an e-mail. Now using/submitting the original size requires iCloud. The idea behind that is keeping the storage small.

You can try to upload the photos to a web application, but I don't know when the screenshots are compressed or if there's also a problem with the forums software.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

Thank you for responding. I tried searching but everything is top new feature of iOS 9. They skip the bad things from it. I have iCloud on.

I think the screenshots themselves are even bigger than before, somehow they aren't provided in full resolution. The current photo app doesn't allow any changes. My guess is that it does only provide the small screenshot, so that a work around (loading them via another application or service might (haven't tested it) help. If it's actually like this, many will be confronted with the problem and hopefully apple will revert the function.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

Hi Kate.
    we will have to stop meeting away from Base or people will talk.
    I found if I re-size via 'crop' in photos the size alters when it uploads if that makes sense. By alters I mean a cropped screenshot comes out bigger.
    not sure if this will help Iris or not.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

. Almost didn't see your comment.

That might help and makes sense. Maybe you found a gap. As I said, the screenshots themselves seem to be larger files, the trouble is the compressed upload.

Thanks for tip, SE. I also like that nickname.