Thread: Diamond Trade Values

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich

Diamond Trade Values

Has anyone noticed a lack of pattern in diamond trade values? I just had a two 5* relic trade worth 20 diamonds then a 4* and 3* relic trade worth 24 diamonds.

This could be normal, it depends on which clues you traded. Most chapters generate trades that pay out 10 diamonds, only the last ones give 17. Scotland did also pay out 10 at the beginning. The clubhouse-related clues and those from the books are worth 17.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

Intrepid Explorer
    I don't have this recorded anywhere, it's all straight from my head, so someone who has written it down may want to correct me, but this is what I recall:

Premium Case darkrooms, Clubhouse scenes, Chapter 8, 9 darkrooms

1*...8 diamonds
    2*..10 diamonds
    3*..12 diamonds
    4*..14 diamonds
    5*..17 diamonds

Chapter 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 darkrooms

1*...5 diamonds
    2*...6 diamonds
    3*...7 diamonds
    4*...8 diamonds
    5*..10 diamonds

Chapter 7 darkroom (I am not certain on the 1*-4* values)

1*...6 diamonds
    2*...8 diamonds
    3*..10 diamonds
    4*..12 diamonds
    5*..14 diamonds
    Last edited by grave digger; 03-14-16 at 09:50 AM.
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    Thanks GD.

Hi I'm sorry but I don't understand what this all means. I think it is because I have only had three newsroom trades that give me diamonds since I started playing. I'm in Wales Chapter 10 and on level 23 but I just don't get diamonds from trades - the trades with ?s (ATs?) appear a lot but I have no idea what the point of those is except to annoy the users.
    Am I doing something wrong? Should I be targetting and building up certain clues (I saw this in another thread). I usually just react to whatever trades appear in the newsroom to build up coins but I am stuck in many areas of the game due to lack of diamonds and to buy enough would cost a small fortune. I didn't play SP so have no reference point in that game.

Owl Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayne View Post
    Hi I'm sorry but I don't understand what this all means. I think it is because I have only had three newsroom trades that give me diamonds since I started playing. I'm in Wales Chapter 10 and on level 23 but I just don't get diamonds from trades - the trades with ?s (ATs?) appear a lot but I have no idea what the point of those is except to annoy the users.
    Am I doing something wrong? Should I be targetting and building up certain clues (I saw this in another thread). I usually just react to whatever trades appear in the newsroom to build up coins but I am stuck in many areas of the game due to lack of diamonds and to buy enough would cost a small fortune. I didn't play SP so have no reference point in that game.
    I'm not the expert on this, but what I've done is search the darkrooms when I can to unlock those areas, along with the premium areas, as I (slowly) collect diamonds upgrade the levels.
    Some days I do get several diamond trades, but the ATs (often with 2 spots needing items I don't have yet) are far more frequent.

At this point, I have the chapter dark rooms opened through chapter 8 (finally cracked that one yesterday, so it's not upgraded yet). I also have all of the premium areas unlocked (but still have 2 dark rooms each in the Shipwrecked and Buckingham Palace areas.)
    For those I do have opened, most are at 2 or 3 stars, along with some 4 stars. (All of my coin items are fully upgraded.)

Thanks LIMon. I have all premium sites open but only converted dark rooms in Versailles so far. I converted darkrooms up to Chapter 4 then because of so few diamonds just kept going with coins to complete the chapters. I was relieved to finally get a Clubhouse site open (Niagra) because voyager keys in short supply as well as diamonds. I'm still waiting for a hot site - might focus on Buckingham Palace as forum points to that. I have all books in all chapters up to 5* except about three which need 600-900 diamonds to open. Keep plugging away!

Mayne, Buckingham Palace has been really good for generating diamond trades for me. It has seemed to trigger requests from all of my open premium sites, most of which are only at 3 or 4*, but at this point every little bit helps. All of my regular sites are at 5* as of yesterday when the final Scotland site finally finished upgrading, and I think I will hold off on closing Scotland and moving on while the diamond trades are flowing. In the past, opening a new chapter has cramped my diamond trades, and those are far more important to me at this stage.

Edit...I still don't have most of the diamond sites in the regular areas opened yet. I NEVER have enuf shovels so I've been focusing on getting premium sites developed instead of the regular ones. From GD's list it appears that the payouts on the premium ones are better anyway.
    Last edited by Mrsflobob; 03-05-16 at 12:31 PM.
    iPad Air 2
    Gamecenter ID: wildflourgirl

Right Buckingham Palace it is :-) !