View Poll Results: Do you want the ability to delete unnecessary clues?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 41.67%
  • I really donít care

3 12.50%
  • Please, Iím begging you. Let me clean out my briefcase.

11 45.83%

Thread: A Briefcase Full of Trash

Unhappy A Briefcase Full of Trash

Would you like to be able to delete the junk from your briefcase? Itís bad now, but assuming the game continues, imagine how much worse itís going to get.
    Secret Passages
    Device: iPad2 w/ iOS 7.1.1
    SP v2.24-363,0 Prod Level 117 / Support ID: AYLR7TJHZZ (Game is Broken)

Hidden Agendas
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 w/ KitKat 4.4.2
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

No, I would prefer another solution. It should be possible to hide those items as soon as a new item is unlocked or simply allow us to trade them. Sadly I'm not sure if PG does really work on that app.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    No, I would prefer another solution. It should be possible to hide those items as soon as a new item is unlocked or simply allow us to trade them. Sadly I'm not sure if PG does really work on that app.
    Of course, this would be a better solution, but in lieu of that, cleaning out the briefcase myself works.

Longtime Tapper Primitive Caveman's Avatar
    I know it's not SP.

I know they can just sit there and it probably doesn't really matter.

But I know I want them gone.

Or at the least bring them up in trades so I can whittle them down, as others have requested. I've got 48 jars from the first Egyptian site. (#@!$&%* quests) I want to smash 'em to pieces but they just sit there. NEVER coming up in trades.

So let us delete them ourselves.

I think there's reason why deleting them is not possible: This way it's more difficult to influence the trades and accidental deleting caused much frustration SP. Based on the experience in SP, the feature should have been changed from the beginning, changing it now is tricky and I am not sure if the PG does even invest many resources in the game. The announcement that another (=1) chapter will be added, tells me all.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    I think there's reason why deleting them is not possible: This way it's more difficult to influence the trades...
    Actually, that's my thought as well. We talk too freely here about our game strategies, and I often thought that was used against us in SP.

Frankly, I don't care how we get rid of the junk in the breifcase. Either give us the ability to do it or program it into the game that as soon as we level up, all previous, now useless clues are vaporized from the breifcase. Leaving them there is stupid, and I just cringe when i think of how bad it will be if the game progresses to the size of SP.
    Secret Passages
    Device: iPad2 w/ iOS 7.1.1
    SP v2.24-363,0 Prod Level 117 / Support ID: AYLR7TJHZZ (Game is Broken)

Hidden Agendas
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 w/ KitKat 4.4.2
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    +1 Elle

Intrepid Explorer
    here, here Elle. Fully agree!
    Event name: H(o)ll(o)w / Olevia280723700, lvl 65, support ID: C8C4MGX4B4
    AT free thanks to GOD...

No daily bonus since March update.
    Love You ALL! Forumers rock this world!

It would be quite amazing if they solved the problem of us influencing the trades by removing our ability to do so, rather than to fix the trade engine so it doesn't need influencing to work remotely good to begin with.

Intrepid Explorer
    I enjoyed the additional challenge of getting rid of old clues before upgrading but the three stray clues from Chapter 1 I have from my first few hours in the game are sufficient to compel me to vote yes. I agree it would be a big tactical advantage if we could delete ourselves so I am happy with them just hiding them.
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

Owl Wizard
    I'm all for getting rid of the old, unusable clues however it can be done.
    Ideally, the game would "see" that we had them and include them in trades until they're gone.
    I can definitely see how people could accidentally delete the wrongs ones and cause problems that way. So, as an alternative to them being used in trades, I'd be fine with them automatically disappearing. I just want them gone.
    (Curious, though -- how would one use them to influence trades, as has been mentioned in other posts?)

Some players force ruby trades in SP by deleting the items and storing coin-based items, now those players have to close the app if a scene provides more than 2 clues, if I got it right.

Here is how I manipulate my trades.

I keep all Diamond clues at 47-50 on hand.
    For the last 10 coin clues, I keep all but the last clue at 47-50 on hand
    I keep the last coin clue at 0-1 on hand

My 4 trade slots will usually have coin or diamond trades involving that last clue in 3 or 4 of the slots.
    The remaining slot, if it does not include that clue, is usually a diamond trade from the last hot region.

I search the last site and get 2-4 clues, trade off the clues down to 1 or 0 on hand, and repeat.
    I repeat this until the current hot diamond clues are down below 10 on hand, then I refill all the clues except the last back to 47-50 not trading during this time.
    Then I repeat the cycle.

This way I either get high value coin trades of 34,000-97,000 per or I get diamond trades 17-51

Either way I'm good.

For the record, this was my same strategy for the Day and Night realms in SP. Deletion never seemed to work for me.
    Last edited by Pietrpahn; 02-08-16 at 04:43 PM.
    Farewell, everyone.

I wish you good fortune in the game.

Even more than that, I wish you joy and well being in the real world.

Y

So your doing the same with the last clue. I don't care about the stored items, get occasionally coin trades, but most trades are pure diamond trades, some ask for two items, most for three, sometimes I am asked for two diamond and one coin clue and a few trades ask for two coin and one diamond clue. I suppose at a certain level a tactic isn't that important anymore.

I have barely played since Christmas and didn't miss the game during the last days, I'll stop for now and maybe return if there will be a major update.

Intrepid Explorer
    Simply put, the trades favour clues you have none of (unfortunately this includes ATs of course!) and deleting is the fastest way to get none of something. Best employed when you want diamonds/rubies but get diamond/ruby ATs as a way of getting a few more doable trades. When AT free or with hot diamond/ruby sites that give you good trades anyway it is less useful (but still works).

I am doing the same thing with the McConnell Castle 5* clue as coins are the only resource I don't have a load of. This is basically what I mentioned here (but with just one clue - as the payout from McConnell Castle is much higher than anything else). As well as good coin trades I also get mixed coin/diamond trades for 17 diamonds involving the McConnell Castle clue and (hot) Buckingham Palace clues, but I tend to leave those alone until they renew. Having 1 clue left only cuts it when there are a few of that clue already on display in trades. Overnight or when I am at work and all 3 timed trades renew at the same time I have to have 0 or I won't be asked for it (unless I'm lucky).
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8