Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Issues

Salmo:

You can say that again. Sorry.
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

It would be nice to have a 'forum' update as in all the problems with vBullitin software.
    The double posting thingy and my personal biggy, the loss of autosave.
    Yesterday I wrote a long PM and lost the lot. In the great scheme of things that doesnt seem important but time is very precious this weekend and I dont have enough to recreate until Tuesday. So all you waiting for word from me I promise to get to it as soon as I can.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    It would be nice to have a 'forum' update as in all the problems with vBullitin software.
    The double posting thingy and my personal biggy, the loss of autosave.
    Yesterday I wrote a long PM and lost the lot. In the great scheme of things that doesnt seem important but time is very precious this weekend and I dont have enough to recreate until Tuesday. So all you waiting for word from me I promise to get to it as soon as I can.
    Not often, but occasionally, I will write something lengthy. When I do, I compose in my Notes app and then copy and paste when I get ready to send it in a PM or post it on the forum. I like to stop and reflect on what I've written, leave it sometimes and go back to it. If you piddle too long composing in the PM format it times out and you can lose it...that's happened to me frequently and usually the second writing ends up being a diluted version of the original.

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post
    Not often, but occasionally, I will write something lengthy. When I do, I compose in my Notes app and then copy and paste when I get ready to send it in a PM or post it on the forum. I like to stop and reflect on what I've written, leave it sometimes and go back to it. If you piddle too long composing in the PM format it times out and you can lose it...that's happened to me frequently and usually the second writing ends up being a diluted version of the original.
    That's what just happened to me. I was posting to the weekend event thread and when I tried to submit it, I got an error message saying that "token had expired"...Please re-open the window". Fortunately I copied my post before I re-opened the window. But in my case, the note was short, probably only took a few minutes to write it.

Intrepid Explorer
    and I saw again a redirected site every time I open the computer. Content is well above 18 years...
    Event name: H(o)ll(o)w / Olevia280723700, lvl 65, support ID: C8C4MGX4B4
    AT free thanks to GOD...

No daily bonus since March update.
    Love You ALL! Forumers rock this world!

Quote Originally Posted by igotahavit View Post
    Salmo:

You can say that again. Sorry.
    And I will say it yet again...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Getting double posts out the wazoo today....

Me too.
    Edit, edit, edit....

Thumbs up

Oh, for the love of whatever! Is this ever going to be fixed? Not just the double posting, which is all the time today, but other glitches as well...

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Oh, for the love of whatever! Is this ever going to be fixed? Not just the double posting, which is all the time today, but other glitches as well...
    Which other issues?

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Dark. There is a list a mile long wrong with vBullitin. Soon know about them all and is in contact with them about it. We keep thinking it is fixed then off it goes again.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    Dark. There is a list a mile long wrong with vBullitin. Soon know about them all and is in contact with them about it. We keep thinking it is fixed then off it goes again.
    I am not asking to pass it on, I know Wilson is on top of it.

I am asking because when it comes down to it the problem is only one which manifests into ripples of problems. But I am only seeing one at the moment. Ocassionally I see 2 others. Just curious what problems others are facing.

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    Which other issues?
    Often, when I try to open a thread, I will get a white screen which says "fatal error". When I reboot my device, I'm then usually able to access the forum. It seems like it's happening more the past couple of weeks.

When I edit a post and hit "save" it's as if something 'sticks' and the loading bar locks at times. Yesterday, it happened and I exited and when I tried to re enter the forum I could not log on. I tried on another device, different apple ID, still could not access the forum. Tried turning off the wifi and accessing via my cellular.....nope. Tried again after giving it a rest for a bit, then I was able to access the forum.
    Last edited by salmo23; 06-07-16 at 05:01 PM.

This is about the worst of the lot https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post584316
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Quote: Wilsoooon at the beginning of the thread:
    "If you see any other strange issues going on with the forum, as well as error messages, let us know!"

Beginning to sound like a broken record here Soon, but you did request feedback on error messages. I got another different one yesterday as I was trying to open a thread. I was booted out of the forum to a white screen which said "503 Service Unavailable "... I've had the "403 Forbidden Error" (post#22) and also the "Fatal Error" (post 37)...

Just passing this along...assuming someone is listening.

Intrepid Explorer
    Hey Salmo, the silence is a loud and clear message.

Sal. Why not send him a PM listing as many as you can? It is all amunition for his ongoing discourse with vBulletin.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

I've listed everything in my post #39. If he, or a moderator is reading, no PM should be necessary.

I've listed everything in my post #39. If he, or a moderator is reading, no PM should be necessary.
    Ah! But theres the rub as the bard said. Who is watching and who is watching the watchers!
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Watch this for me, will you...I'm going for a bike ride.

Salmo thanks for your post.

Could you please take screen shots of the errors messages you all see.

I know tickest are a pain so just email them to me at thedarkangel_s@yahoo.com if your images come out to small.

Otherwise post on this thread.
    Last edited by darkangel; 06-09-16 at 02:02 PM.

Longtime Tapper
    As usual I refreshed the page before trying to post but still got this. Took about 10 mins to post.

Attachment 115423

- - - Updated - - -

As usual I refreshed the page before trying to post but still got this. Took about 10 mins to post.

Attachment 115423

Delete your history from browser and see if that helps when that error comes up.

Pips. I see you also got the dreaded double post as well. If this was a GotItNow game you would have double marks and a place on the hall of shame, whoops I meant fame.
    I find when I get the database error I just need to back arrow out of that screen and what I have written is saved. As usual I am not explaining this properly. Trying again.....
    ..... Database error screen, use the back arrow, previous screen with either post, thread or edited post, back arrow a second time not worrying that the whatever has taken, then if I am not already there exit to SP forum main page. Go back in to check and the whatever has held every time.
    All these vBulletin problems. I wonder if the physical forum is now not supported? Some reasons spring to mind:-
    PG havent paid their bill (very unlikely)
    SP is finished and it is their way of telling us (also very unlikely).
    Sooni hasnt been as firm with them as he should have (more likely)

a possible solution. I came across a place where you report problems like this directly back to vBulletin, a cutting out of the middle man so to speak. We should all send our errors direct.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

But this is you assuming the errors are due to vBulletin software.

Please report errors to PG, sending errors directly is more for those who have purchased the software. So that is somethimg PG will do if needed.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast