Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Issues

Question Forum Issues

We're looking into issues with posting on the forums. They seem to have started yesterday and usually manifests itself when someone tries to post. Posting seems to take a long time, and the post will end up being a copy of itself within one post.

We're also looking into where the thread about Epoch Grove picture issues went. The issue itself should now be resolved--check your game to see if you'r eon DCON 426 in your "About" screen in-game.

If you see any other strange issues going on with the forum, as well as error messages, let us know!

You could look at this as a blessing. It is keeping me quiet.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Wilsooon:

Define "strange."
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Longtime Tapper
    I have experienced what you posted Wilsoon. I also experienced a full double post today. I tried to delete on but couldn't.

- - - Updated - - -

I have experienced what you posted Wilsoon. I also experienced a full double post today. I tried to delete on but couldn't.

And now it won't let me post because it says this is a duplicate of a post I have posted in the last 5 minutes!
    Support ID: UDDBHU7EJB

Longtime Tapper Primitive Caveman's Avatar
    I haven't experienced this duplicating issue yet.

Must be fixed.

Must be fixed.

Must be fixed.

I'm still having a problem - after I hit post, the screen does not refresh and I get a popup asking if I want to stay or leave the page. So I "stay", copy the text I just wrote, and then refresh the screen, and say yes to the "do you really want to..." popup. And my post has indeed posted. I'm not posting much these days, but it seems to happen every time.

Update - it happened again with this post. This time I took the "leave" option and found myself in the advanced edit page with a header says this was a duplicate of a post I'd made within the past 5 minutes.
    Last edited by RosemaryL; 02-04-16 at 05:04 AM.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

I also get a message this is a duplicate post.

Still getting double posts...

Opposite for me today. I wanted to uplift a screenshot and had to do it three times before it showed as having taken.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

SE - I've figured out that my screen shots upload much faster and more reliably if I crop them first. Alas I haven't yet figured out much I need to chop off so it always works. But my cropped leaderboards uploaded easily.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done

Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryL View Post
    SE - I've figured out that my screen shots upload much faster and more reliably if I crop them first. Alas I haven't yet figured out much I need to chop off so it always works. But my cropped leaderboards uploaded easily.
    Thanks for that Ril. Unfortunately it was my Event possition and cropped to give the minimum needed. I would not have been happy with more left on and could not loose any less.
    I hope that last sentence makes sense.
    Just re-read you and it has now sunk in (duh) I/you/we need to figure out the exact amount. I could have taken too much off which can be as bad as too little. Got it now.
    on the bright side I do seem to be able to single post now. Just a word of caution to those still stuggling - be patient. I have found it takes the blue line ages to move from about an 1" and then it whizzes across. So look and watch, dont be impatient and press 'save' again. I know that is not the whole problem but listen to the sage advice of one who makes that mistake a lot.
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 02-16-16 at 02:21 AM.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

STILL getting double posts just about every time I post!

When I posted recently, when I hit the Post Quick Reply, I got the Do You Want to Leave Page popup. This time I just said yes and voila! The page updated and my single post had two copies of what I wrote. Fortunately I could edit and delete the repeat text.

Update - but this post worked fine.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done

Really sorry for the double-posting weirdness. We're reporting these errors to our forum server provider each time to get to the bottom of it. So far it's been a game of whack-a-mole, but hopefully we can get this fixed soon.

roll back to vb 4.1 and that should resolve it until 4.3 is available for release

or not.

I like the double posts.

Quote Originally Posted by PGWilsooon View Post
    Really sorry for the double-posting weirdness. We're reporting these errors to our forum server provider each time to get to the bottom of it. So far it's been a game of whack-a-mole, but hopefully we can get this fixed soon.
    Grrrrrrrrr.....getting doubles just about every post today.

Rolling back to vB 4.1 is definitely not the answer since it had security loopholes that would put the forums at even greater risk. I actually just sent a request to see if updating the forum software can be done later this month so hopefully that will smooth out these wrinkles.

Thanks Wilsoooon...the upside, I'm getting pretty good at editing.

Soon. I know the loss of Auto Save is small compared with everything else but if you could put a bit of pressure on I would appreciate it.
    last night, just at bedtime, I just finished my LUSE entry and my ipad died. Yes I know I should be better at this by now but it happened. So lost everything yet again and no Auto Save. You get my drift!
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Longtime Tapper Primitive Caveman's Avatar
    Wrong place.....
    Last edited by Primitive Caveman; 03-24-16 at 01:20 AM.

I was in the forum within the past hour and tapped a thread and a white page with 403 Forbidden Error written on it popped up. I exited and attempted to enter, but the page would not load. Tried on my other iPad, same thing. I switched off the wifi connection and tried with my 3G which is what I'm using now. No problems accessing using the 3G...but can't access using wifi. What's up? 3G works, but so slooooow.

No problems accessing other sites using wifi...tried a different browser, same problem.

Edit: did some googling and it's possible that the IP address connected to the wifi on both iPads I'm using has been blacklisted for some reason which prompted the 403 Forbidden Error denying me access to the forum via wifi.*Do I need to submit a ticket?
    Last edited by salmo23; 03-30-16 at 10:32 PM.

SS. or SStS It sounds very much as if we need a 'what is wrong with the Forum Softwear' Thread. That would have been even longer but I just woke up and my brain is only on 1/2 alert yet. When I can think I might do an 'edit' or you can come up with something better yourself. I think this is yet something else for Soon to take up with the softwear suppliers.
    I just checked a couple of things while keeping this open. VBulletin are the suppliers and I am on a beta version. What are you using? It is right at the bottom of every page. Of course I failed to notice this still not having finished my first cuppa so went looking everywhere else first. By what are you using I meant is it the same version? Also! What browser are you accessing forum with, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, windows explorer, etc.? All these things are good to tell Soon.
    As to Ticket I am not sure. As PG are not working yet I advise waiting to see if you are the only one or if there is a run but what do I know!
    woke up a bit further did a re-read and noticed you tried two different browsers but which?
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 03-31-16 at 01:05 AM.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    SS. or SStS It sounds very much as if we need a 'what is wrong with the Forum Softwear' Thread. That would have been even longer but I just woke up and my brain is only on 1/2 alert yet. When I can think I might do an 'edit' or you can come up with something better yourself. I think this is yet something else for Soon to take up with the softwear suppliers.
    I just checked a couple of things while keeping this open. VBulletin are the suppliers and I am on a beta version. What are you using? It is right at the bottom of every page. Of course I failed to notice this still not having finished my first cuppa so went looking everywhere else first. By what are you using I meant is it the same version? Also! What browser are you accessing forum with, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, windows explorer, etc.? All these things are good to tell Soon.
    As to Ticket I am not sure. As PG are not working yet I advise waiting to see if you are the only one or if there is a run but what do I know!
    woke up a bit further did a re-read and noticed you tried two different browsers but which?
    Really strange, SE...I just woke up and tried to access the forum via wifi and everything was suddenly ok on both devices. Heading back to sleep now...will check again later this morning and post if there are any more problems. But for three hours or so I had to use my 3G Internet connection to access.. Thanks for your help....btw, all those new initials are confusing even me...I think you got my nickname right on Day One...Sal.

Quote Originally Posted by PGWilsooon View Post
    Rolling back to vB 4.1 is definitely not the answer since it had security loopholes that would put the forums at even greater risk. I actually just sent a request to see if updating the forum software can be done later this month so hopefully that will smooth out these wrinkles.
    Getting hit hard again with the double posting today...I've had to edit just about every post.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast