Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is HA a dead game?

I don't really want quests that require searching the same scene 15 or 20 times, but I do want quests. Requiring me to search "any scene" 15 or 20 times is better, but 10 times would really be enough ;-) The quest rewards are a godsend for those of us still struggling to get enough FRs to develop the Drs and enough diamonds to upgrade the ones we do have open.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

Owl Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryL View Post
    I don't really want quests that require searching the same scene 15 or 20 times, but I do want quests. Requiring me to search "any scene" 15 or 20 times is better, but 10 times would really be enough ;-) The quest rewards are a godsend for those of us still struggling to get enough FRs to develop the Drs and enough diamonds to upgrade the ones we do have open.
    Yes! Totally agree on the need for more FRs and diamonds. At this point, I'm up to around 9 M coins as there haven't been any coins spent since completing Scotland, so I'm OK with them. (At least I hope I am! Definitely was a struggle getting the coins to complete that last chapter.) It seems to take forever to finish the Drs, as I'm always adding to my collection of power ups.

You need the quests to proceed faster, no doubt, but think a bit further: would you keep playing a game that does barely get new content? As soon as you opened everything - even if new content is added on a weekly basis and there won't be quests, keeping up will work - the game gets boring. I know that keeping up is possible and quests won't be enough to keep the game interesting. Quests are just one aspect, and even if this sounds weird for some of you, they might not be the most important part to keep the game running.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

Owl Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    You need the quests to proceed faster, no doubt, but think a bit further: would you keep playing a game that does barely get new content? As soon as you opened everything - even if new content is added on a weekly basis and there won't be quests, keeping up will work - the game gets boring. I know that keeping up is possible and quests won't be enough to keep the game interesting. Quests are just one aspect, and even if this sounds weird for some of you, they might not be the most important part to keep the game running.
    Kate, I agree that new content, along with bug fixes and improved "playability," and perhaps even knew features (once everything else is rock solid) are the priority. But, there are daily quests that could be easy enough to run on a daily basis that shouldn't take away from those programming efforts. For instance, any quests from early chapters and/or non-content specific quests (ie- incorporating variations of "explore # of scenes" or "trade # of times"and similar tasks that we've done before) could be cycled through. But, for those who want a task to do and/or an opportunity to win some rewards they would be able to do so.)

Quote Originally Posted by mrsripple View Post
    Hmm, may not be a dead game but it sounds like it's in a coma and may or may not pull through! Really disappointing to read the challenges may (or may not) be brought back at some point in future. They were the one bit of interest in the game for me.
    Ha ha good one! Yes it's not dead yet but it certainly feels like they're trying to kill it off. Like many others I am slowly losing the will to live - I mean search - the same sites over and over. I get only 1 or 2 doable diamond trades a day and even though I have the Sitting Room in Buckingham Palace open this has not been hot for me nor the last Clubhouse site I opened, Film Studio.
    SP lvl 101 on iPad 2
    Earning coins to open Polynesia

Quote Originally Posted by LIMom View Post
    I really, really, REALLY wish that trades would utilize the clues that we already have stored, even if they're "old" ones.
    + 1
    SP lvl 101 on iPad 2
    Earning coins to open Polynesia

Is there really a future for this game? Outside English spoken countries, it is probably already too late because despite promises the dialogs, to my knowledge, were never translated. How difficult is it?

In my case, I never closed San Francisco with the goal to catch up. I just closed the crash and it cost me 100 film rolls to get my last 4 items. I still have to start Wild West. Most scenes requires lots of diamonds, sometimes close to 1000 for the last star.

So I just do and redo scenes from Egypt, India, HK and SF over and over to complete the trades and get a few diamonds here and there.... I think I've done each scenes more than 500 times each, probably even more....

This is quite boring to be honest.... It is just that I don't like to give up when I start something but probably most of the players who started the game have already given up.....

I doubt the game is making a lot of money and we know what happened to those kind of game... Unfortunately

Sdirand, welcome to the forum! Great analysis, according to the reviews, your first argument seems to be a real problem, typically people don't complain about an English game, BUT if a translation is promised, they feel cheated if only the loading bar is in their native language.

If the game is a money maker or not is difficult to say, typically long term players don't purchase items because they need to but to support the game. IMHO those bonus packages are the part that generates the highest payout, players are offered them within the first days...

It is possible that there will be a major update and I'm completely wrong, but if 1 new chapter is announced, it tells me a lot about the team's current structure .
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

I'll give HA a chance untill this weekend and when there is no update it's time to delete the game. Sad but true��

If the game isn't dead, this forum sure seems to be...
    iPad Air 2
    Gamecenter ID: wildflourgirl

Intrepid Explorer
    Mrsflobob,
    Sadly there are no new adventures to discuss, I see no quests flying around, so gathering assets doesn't satisfy most of the players.
    Let's say only the slow followers has anything new to do...
    Event name: H(o)ll(o)w / Olevia280723700, lvl 65, support ID: C8C4MGX4B4
    AT free thanks to GOD...

No daily bonus since March update.
    Love You ALL! Forumers rock this world!

What has kept me going so far is aiming to get AT free combining with using up relics as I go. I am now sooooo close I can feel it! In 2 hours Film Studio and Transylvania will be at 5* and I will only have Bruce's Cottage to finish, so far that hasn't been giving me AT's. I made 3 mistakes along the way and will have 7 relics I can't get rid of but it will be an achievement soooooon.

I'm not sure what my next aim will be so without new content I guess the game will soon be dead to me which I am sad about as I have enjoyed the challenge. BTW don't tell SE but I am nearly over smelling roses.
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0
    Support ID: AOW37XJAVU
    Event ID: Ariana1619182694

I am sooooo hoping for something new soon. I have nearly upgraded all regular sites ... Actually, I am within 22 hours of my final Scotland update. I have all premium sites as well open and fully upgraded. Please, please, give us something new! On the good side, my diamonds and film roll totals are HUGE!

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Today was shocking.. 3 diamond trades. Yeah I know I am celebrating that!! Just goes to show how bad my trades are.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    Today was shocking.. 3 diamond trades. Yeah I know I am celebrating that!! Just goes to show how bad my trades are.
    So glad to hear you've gotten some diamonds today. I run a minimum of 8-10 daily ... Sometimes many more. My strategy has been to try to keep regular sites stockpiled. As many others have said before, that seems to force the diamond trades. It is very difficult to do with playing only every 24 minutes ... some days I just spend stockpiling the last 10 or so sites.

Quote Originally Posted by kstam852 View Post
    So glad to hear you've gotten some diamonds today. I run a minimum of 8-10 daily ... Sometimes many more. My strategy has been to try to keep regular sites stockpiled. As many others have said before, that seems to force the diamond trades. It is very difficult to do with playing only every 24 minutes ... some days I just spend stockpiling the last 10 or so sites.
    I do that but that doesn't work for me.

Longtime Tapper Primitive Caveman's Avatar
    I am plodding. All regular sites upgraded to 5 stars.

Diamond sites very mixed. Wild West and Shipwrecked not open yet.

All other premium sites open and dug, but at a mixture of 1 to 4 stars. I just upgrade when a clue/ relic drops to zero and I have enough diamonds. A slow process, but with nothing else to do in the game, I'm content (-ish) just to plod along like this.

I haven't ordered the wreath yet.

My diamond trades have picked up a little bit with two of the palace sites open. I was trying to develop all the necessary items to open all three sites, but I'm having a heck of a time getting the last five or so kitchen timers, so I got impatient and finally just opened the first two. I've upgraded them to two stars so far and I get six or seven trades per day...sometimes even two in a row! Woohoo!

All regular sites are at 5 stars except in Scotland. The super long upgrade times mean it's gonna be another week or two to get them finished. So as PC said, "plodding" is the word!
    iPad Air 2

Intrepid Explorer
    My game totally changed last Saturday. Until then all I got was coin trades and ATs. I had 20+ of all the last ten clues except for the Scotland castle to maximise its high value coin trades anticipating the next location - will there ever be one? However having reached 380 million coins I decided that was probably enough so I stocked up on the last clue. I also played all the Buckingham palace sites a few times and suddenly all I get are doable diamond trades. I have not had an AT at all even though the vast majority of my diamond trade sites are not at 5* level. I am now getting ca 1000 diamonds a day and am rapidly upgrading all my diamond sites. The game has some fun and purpose again!

Awesome, Mike! Keeping my fingers crossed for a similar run.
    iPad Air 2

I collected 40k diamonds, 1,5k film-rolls and stored 100 espresso. That would be more than enough, so there would be no need to play daily anymore. After I remembered what happened to tap jungle, the various clones of pet hotel and all those Christmas games and several other games I deleted the app immediately. Didn't miss it yet.

Wrong game
    Last edited by Tarlov; 02-18-16 at 01:56 PM.

I read the posts and it sounds like I am playing a totally different game to the rest of you.

Intrepid Explorer
    Well I admit I thought this thread was a little premature, but now I think it was prophetic. Nothing to do but make large numbers on a screen become very large numbers on a screen for three weeks now. No main chapter for well over two months (which now exceeds the long wait in Paris for Germany in SP). No content of any kind whatsoever for well over a month. When my big numbers become big pleasingly round numbers (soon) this game is on ice. Shame, I was enjoying this much more than SP (SP now, perhaps not SP then).
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by grave digger View Post
    Well I admit I thought this thread was a little premature, but now I think it was prophetic. Nothing to do but make large numbers on a screen become very large numbers on a screen for three weeks now. No main chapter for well over two months (which now exceeds the long wait in Paris for Germany in SP). No content of any kind whatsoever for well over a month. When my big numbers become big pleasingly round numbers (soon) this game is on ice. Shame, I was enjoying this much more than SP (SP now, perhaps not SP then).

GD

The long wait has been just great for my game. I started this game about two weeks after it was introduced and it really put me behind a lot of the rest of you it seems. No abundant diamond trades, no big coin glitch in my favor, lots and lots of ATs. I still have the darkroom to open in Railway and then all of Scotland to do. I have everything at 5 stars except those things of course. I currently have zero diamonds and only 2.2 million coins when I see it takes over 5 million to complete Scotland. So I estimate I still have 3 weeks or so to catch totally up. Different games for sure, but at least I'm not bored with it and it's still a challenge.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast