Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 140

Thread: Is HA a dead game?

  1. #26
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,691
    No it is not a dead game

    Content is taking a bit longer than we expect and want but its far from a dead game. Seen it many times, just be patient.


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  2. #27
    Might As Well Work Here Kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,688
    Yes, it sounded as if PG had big plans for this game and wanted to provide great content (like an interesting storyline), but an official confirmation that they didn't change their plans would be very welcome. Currently the reviews are really negative (players are really annoyed that the game should support multiple languages which it doesn't) and I'd like to know if something like low downloads influenced their plans.

    I suppose that they believe that it takes time until the players reach the end and will provide a major update, but I've seen too many abandoned games lately.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

  3. #28
    The game is definitely still being worked on. I should be able to provide a better answer this afternoon after meeting with the team, and hopefully be able to address the points presented in Mike's post too.

  4. #29
    Might As Well Work Here Kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,688
    Thank you, Wilson. I really appreciate your answer!
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

  5. #30
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    1,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    Thank you, Wilson. I really appreciate your answer!
    +1
    Thanks
    Looking forward to reading your update, Wilson
    Event name: H(o)ll(o)w / Olevia280723700, lvl 65, support ID: C8C4MGX4B4
    AT free thanks to GOD...

    No daily bonus since March update.
    Love You ALL! Forumers rock this world!

  6. #31
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,506
    Quote Originally Posted by PGWilsooon View Post
    The game is definitely still being worked on. I should be able to provide a better answer this afternoon after meeting with the team, and hopefully be able to address the points presented in Mike's post too.
    Thanks for the reply. I look forward to seeing the details tomorrow.

  7. #32
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Viņa del Mar, Chile
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleJ View Post
    Just today? Lucky you. My shelves are like that all the time! There is truly something very wrong with a game that in order to play, you must EXIT the game, and sometimes even reboot your device to get the game to move along.



    That was the same for me as well. However, the Voyager sites are pretty much dead for me since the update (I had them all open by then). I didn't even bother upgrading the last few past L2 once I realized they weren't as "hot" as some of the earlier ones.

    I am getting about 1K diamonds a day, when I bother to play for any length of time. But my game had been giving them to me before the infamous update/fix/break that caused me to lose trades. Deleting/reinstalling got the trades going for me again, but I don't know if that's a solution to those that weren't getting them in the first place.

    My go to game since before the holidays has been Seeker's Notes. Personally, I'm liking it way better than either this or SP. It's more challenging and has a steeper learning curve as it's more complex, but you can play for longer periods of time, and while it's not bug free (I've got to level 35 before encountering an intermittent bug that corrects itself during play,meaning you don't need to close your game) it's nowhere near as buggy as this and SP.
    i will try seeker note, most thing I hate is that PG employees never answer our forums doubts

  8. #33
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Viņa del Mar, Chile
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleJ View Post
    Just today? Lucky you. My shelves are like that all the time! There is truly something very wrong with a game that in order to play, you must EXIT the game, and sometimes even reboot your device to get the game to move along.



    That was the same for me as well. However, the Voyager sites are pretty much dead for me since the update (I had them all open by then). I didn't even bother upgrading the last few past L2 once I realized they weren't as "hot" as some of the earlier ones.

    I am getting about 1K diamonds a day, when I bother to play for any length of time. But my game had been giving them to me before the infamous update/fix/break that caused me to lose trades. Deleting/reinstalling got the trades going for me again, but I don't know if that's a solution to those that weren't getting them in the first place.

    My go to game since before the holidays has been Seeker's Notes. Personally, I'm liking it way better than either this or SP. It's more challenging and has a steeper learning curve as it's more complex, but you can play for longer periods of time, and while it's not bug free (I've got to level 35 before encountering an intermittent bug that corrects itself during play,meaning you don't need to close your game) it's nowhere near as buggy as this and SP.
    i will try seeker note, most thing I hate is that PG employees never answer our forums doubts

  9. #34
    Might As Well Work Here Kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Javegam View Post
    i will try seeker note, most thing I hate is that PG employees never answer our forums doubts
    That's not true, imho there was always an answer or other action when needed. Afaik it's not part of their job and that certain things can't be adressed directly is reasonable.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

  10. #35
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,506
    I got so bored searching the last ten scenes for pointless coins that I tried something new today. I worked round every main scene diamond trade site and every voyager site, searching them all once. Low and behold once my three timed coin trades timed out I got a run of diamond trades, all involving the first voyager site. It was good while it lasted, gave me enough diamonds to upgrade another site to 5*

    I have also just managed to unlock the first Buckingham palace scene so I am hoping that becomes hot.
    Last edited by MikeN32; 02-02-16 at 01:54 PM.

  11. #36
    Intrepid Explorer ElleJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Javegam View Post
    ... most thing I hate is that PG employees never answer our forums doubts
    I have to agree with Kate on this one. For the most part we've been pretty well supported by PG staff here in the forums.

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN32 View Post
    I got so bored searching the last ten scenes ...
    When we were playing NatM, which like HA doesn't have the scenes shift around like they do in SP, someone made an off hand remark about playing with your eyes closed since it's too easy otherwise. I decided to give it a try, and it was surprising (well, maybe not so much) how many clues you could find with your eyes closed. I haven't tried it with HA, but why not give it a try as a boredom reliever. It was actually quite fun.
    Secret Passages
    Device: iPad2 w/ iOS 7.1.1
    SP v2.24-363,0 Prod Level 117 / Support ID: AYLR7TJHZZ (Game is Broken)

    Hidden Agendas
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 w/ KitKat 4.4.2
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

  12. #37

    Hidden Agendas Update

    Hi All,

    Sorry that the next content update is taking longer than usual. The team is still working on and putting together the next new chapter. The story is there, but there are still a few things to iron out before it's ready to be delivered to you all. In regards to the daily challenges: these look to be put on-pause for the time being, but may be brought back at a later time. Hope this helps!

  13. #38
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,506
    Quote Originally Posted by PGWilsooon View Post
    Hi All,

    Sorry that the next content update is taking longer than usual. The team is still working on and putting together the next new chapter. The story is there, but there are still a few things to iron out before it's ready to be delivered to you all. In regards to the daily challenges: these look to be put on-pause for the time being, but may be brought back at a later time. Hope this helps!
    Wilsoon I know you are only the messenger but this is a very underwhelming response to wake up to this morning. Reading between the lines it sounds like this is at best a very low priority game for PG.

  14. #39
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by PGWilsooon View Post
    Hi All,

    Sorry that the next content update is taking longer than usual. The team is still working on and putting together the next new chapter. The story is there, but there are still a few things to iron out before it's ready to be delivered to you all. In regards to the daily challenges: these look to be put on-pause for the time being, but may be brought back at a later time. Hope this helps!
    Agree with Mike, what a total lack of inspiring information. It does help to solidify my decision to not put any more time into this game for now, but that's about it.

  15. #40
    Longtime Tapper mrsripple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    614
    Hmm, may not be a dead game but it sounds like it's in a coma and may or may not pull through! Really disappointing to read the challenges may (or may not) be brought back at some point in future. They were the one bit of interest in the game for me.
    TPC - Level 89 Mrs Ripple, Officer of the Darkwings
    TPC - Level 79 Raiding Queen, Leader of the Darkraiders PM me if you want to join us or email thedarkraiders@mail.com

    Support IDs: 9NQY72WE47 and 6R0HQ92TQC

  16. #41
    Might As Well Work Here Kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,688
    Maybe there has to be an additional question: will content be added faster in the future and will there be other features?
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

  17. #42
    Hi All,

    I'm just as excited for the next chapter as you guys are! While I would like to poke the folks making the game to bring forth new content faster, I trust in their ability to release when it's ready. Unfortunately, I can't speak to the pace of upcoming content and features as schedules are always changing and I wouldn't want to over-/under-promise. What kind of things would you like to see more of?

  18. #43
    Intrepid Explorer Topmom52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Oro Valley, AZ
    Posts
    1,553
    Quests, please!

  19. #44
    Might As Well Work Here Kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,688
    Quests aren't the solution if new content is added slowly, there won't be any use for the reward in this case. If quests are are wanted to provide tasks, searching a scene 20 times would be alright .

    I can totally understand that it's not possible to talk about future plans, but if they were big or the game would have been a real success, we'd know that by now. My hope was that we'd see weekly releases (2 chapters, books per month), clubhouse sites and other content by now. Maybe even a major update that would provide another realm with several sites.

    On a side-note, the posts show an "update".
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

  20. #45
    Owl Wizard
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    Quests aren't the solution if new content is added slowly, there won't be any use for the reward in this case. If quests are are wanted to provide tasks, searching a scene 20 times would be alright .
    Ha, Kate!
    Part of my biggest problem now is that with all the "search x number of times" for the same areas over and over that we had (such as Versailles), I know have 40+ 1* items that I can't get rid of. Looks like I'm already permanently stuck with 30+ of some of the 1* Curse of the Mummy items, as it took me a while to realize that I couldn't get the points needed to complete those tasks without upgrading the sites.
    (I really, really, REALLY wish that trades would utilize the clues that we already have stored, even if they're "old" ones. Or, in lieu of that, if we could sell or at least dump the ones that are obsolete. The OCD in me has difficulty with all the excess, especially when I have so many of some items.)

  21. #46
    Intrepid Explorer Topmom52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Oro Valley, AZ
    Posts
    1,553
    Yeah, I wish we could dump the old ones too. I also had to upgrade sites with old relics remaining in order to proceed. The old ones bug me too. No I don't want quests to search X 20 times! There are lots of quests in SP that weren't that ridiculous. Just something interesting to do. Trade X times, search X for X points, things like that.

  22. #47
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    1,082
    Join the pack on the requests,
    +1 wish
    We against the target events at least
    Event name: H(o)ll(o)w / Olevia280723700, lvl 65, support ID: C8C4MGX4B4
    AT free thanks to GOD...

    No daily bonus since March update.
    Love You ALL! Forumers rock this world!

  23. #48
    I got bored of searching same scenes over and over and over again and deleted a few weeks ago. Don't miss the game. I play other PG games and enjoy them, but some just run their course: for me, this was one of them.

  24. #49
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,506
    Quote Originally Posted by PGWilsooon View Post
    Hi All,

    I'm just as excited for the next chapter as you guys are! While I would like to poke the folks making the game to bring forth new content faster, I trust in their ability to release when it's ready. Unfortunately, I can't speak to the pace of upcoming content and features as schedules are always changing and I wouldn't want to over-/under-promise. What kind of things would you like to see more of?
    I would like quests back. I would also like a marketplace where players could trade excess coins, diamonds, keys, film rolls etc for resources they are short of. This would avoid the biggest problem that plagues SP, nothing to do with vast numbers of surplus coins.

  25. #50
    Longtime Tapper Mrsflobob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    417
    Would love to have quests back. Also would like something like the SP compass so that search costs go down and energy bar goes up.
    iPad Air 2
    Gamecenter ID: wildflourgirl

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •