Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is HA a dead game?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Intrepid Explorer

Is HA a dead game?

I hate to ask this but.

1. We have had no progress in main sites beyond Scotland since December last year. I know there was an issue with Scotland's release which needed fixing but that has been done for some time now.
    2. We have only had one new premium site, Buckingham palace this year.
    3. It is now over a week since the last voyager site was released.
    4. The latest update initially had a bug which allowed players (me included) to rapidly obtain hundreds of millions of coins, which made the 40 million I had patiently accumulated over Christmas seem pointless.
    5. We have had no daily quests for weeks. I understand that these were suspended due to the shovel bug, but that was fixed in the update released last month.

I am rapidly getting bored just searching the same 10 scenes month after month with just the occasional diamond trade to break the monotony.

Is there any point to this any more?
    When can we expect some progress?
    Last edited by MikeN32; 02-01-16 at 04:03 PM.

I wondered the same – there is an upcoming game and I ask myself is this is just an interim solution. Obviously this game didn't replace SP or requires a moderation.
    Either this is done to allow the players to keep up, there will be a major update to make the game attractive again or that's it. I do barely play since Christmas and hoarded over 30k diamonds and many energy, I can already get shovels for free and this is not funny. I have to admit that I started a few days earlier, but don't think that was the reason (my pricing was higher so that the advantage was covered). The weird part is the extended beta-phase and the neat concept, this doesn't look like a game which will be abandoned that fast. Anyway, a comment on the game's state would be appreciated.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

All good points/questions that you've raised Mike. Agree with Kate a comment on the game's state would be appreciated.

While I am not AT free I could be if I wasn't trying to use up all relics before upgrading and that is the only aim I have at the moment. Particularly as I was a beneficiary of the extra coins of which my total is now greater than the one in SP! I expected to have those extra coins taken away from me just like they were able to award the extra FR's.

What is the name of the new game?
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0
    Support ID: AOW37XJAVU
    Event ID: Ariana1619182694

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Ariana View Post
    All good points/questions that you've raised Mike. Agree with Kate a comment on the game's state would be appreciated.

While I am not AT free I could be if I wasn't trying to use up all relics before upgrading and that is the only aim I have at the moment. Particularly as I was a beneficiary of the extra coins of which my total is now greater than the one in SP! I expected to have those extra coins taken away from me just like they were able to award the extra FR's.

What is the name of the new game?
    I wish I was AT free. I currently have only the first two diamond sites at 5* level and all others I have unlocked at 3 or 4*. I get very few doable diamond trades, especially since the latest update. Before that at least I got a few for the voyager sites. I am still digging out the first Buckingham palace site in the hope that may become hot. Today I had ATs on all timed shelves all day!

My current strategy to get diamonds is to search any sites to get film roles, about 21 of them a day. I use the film roles to develop Buckingham palace hoping to hit diamonds or voyager keys. Then I use the keys hoping to get offered 20 or 50 diamonds in the club room or at least more film roles. This way gets me far more diamonds than trading and has allowed me to get all the diamond sites to 3 or 4* status. But getting them to 5* this way will be a long slog and I am not sure I can be bothered,

I'm like Kate. I have everything open and at 5* and now it is just search-trade-repeat.

I was just thinking that this has reached about as far as Night at the Museum did before it simply stopped.

Shame if that is true.
    Farewell, everyone.

I wish you good fortune in the game.

Even more than that, I wish you joy and well being in the real world.

Y

I have almost 1,5k FRs, energy would provide more, so it's not even that.

The new game was mentioned, but I don't know any details.

NatM was clearly a promotion, that's something different, but if such a game is actually (we don't know) abandoned that fast, I won't even try another one. Adding new content for years won't have a payout, thats something I can totally understand, but the current state is weird.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

Intrepid Explorer
    Sure there is a bit of a lull right now compared to the first couple of months, but overall the pace of addition of new content in this game actually outstrips that of Secret Passages at any point in its lifetime. The lack of quests is very disappointing however.

I anticipate everything being open and upgraded by Wednesday (I have the final Scotland scene finishing then). I did it by riding waves of hot sites, first Haunted Heist, then Wild West/Shipwrecked, then Buckingham Palace/Clubhouse sites (and, importantly, not updating the app until I was ready). My theory is that Kate rode an earlier wave of hotness before the players starting on the full release had gathered enough film rolls to get in on that action (expecting some dispute here, just because there always is). Buckingham Palace remains hot. I have traded away every old clue before upgrading except for (highly annoyingly) 3 clues from the very first day I got the game (too eager).

I loved the challenge of getting to this point (actually figuring out ways to trade away old clues became the most fun bit). So thanks for that PG. But, bugger, now I need more content too....
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

I did not get the gazillion coins, but I have probably accumulated enough to open the last 2 chapters - once I get all my diamond sites upgraded. However, that will take a very long time. My Versailles sites are 5,5,4; Mummy at 2,2,4; Bank at 3,3,3; Crash at 3,3,3; Palace Prowler at 2,2,2; Haunted Heist not opened. Chapter DRs are 5,4,4,4,4; chapter 7 DR not opened. And I get 200-400 diamonds a day, with today being a low day. If I waited to upgrade until I used up my relics, I'd never get there. Sometimes when I upgrade without an AT - just because I know I'm out of relics - I don't get any trades for the new relic and then I get an AT for the next level - what's with that?

Over the weekend, I had 400 diamond days and did 7 upgrades - that was wonderful! Wish I could trade the relics. And if I can't trade them, I wish I could delete them so I could forget them.

And I really would love some interesting quests. Having said that, I hope the next quest doesn't ask me to search the same site 17 times.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

No, the hot books weren't the reason, after opening the chapters I got AT-free, by that time most of my books were still closed but I could invest the FRs there.

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    No, the hot books weren't the reason, after opening the chapters I got AT-free, by that time most of my books were still closed but I could invest the FRs there.
    And how did you get the diamonds to upgrade your chapter darkrooms? Your 'bugs' list very early in the game talks about untimed diamond trades, the clear calling card of hot sites. So that's how. Sure, after that you got AT free and it snowballed from there.
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2

I'm not sure if this was a bug (staying AT-free after completing the unlocked chapters) or if we missed something else as NatM reacted the same way and this would still work somehow. But there was an additional factor - and all of us got this: The ATs were temporary stopped and I didn't believe that would last, so I did't touch a chapter until I had the resources, I invested any overflow into the books (kept diamonds and FRs to complete another chapter).

I didn't trade on the untimed shelf, but could invest in the opened chapters an proceed fast. Don't forget that there were only few regions. India provided my good trades and as I said, PG removed the ATs for everybody.

Intrepid Explorer
    When there were no ATs there were also no or very very few diamond trades (except I eventually figured out a very convoluted way that lasted all of a few days) for the vast majority of us. Something about your set up was different. I'm not having a go, you played it well, it's just not one that many of who started later could have matched.
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2

Hey gang. I haven't looked at the file in ages, so I took a boo. At a quick glance, there are a total of 24 "dunes" (I guess renaming them wasn't important, why not carry over bugs AND names! ) and it looks like at least another 2 or 3 chapters are partially written in.

As far as quests go, I don't see any evidence of anything upcoming, but IIRC from SP, they tended not to be available too far in advance. I do see lots of reference to video ads though, so I guess that's something they definitely intend to add.
    Secret Passages
    Device: iPad2 w/ iOS 7.1.1
    SP v2.24-363,0 Prod Level 117 / Support ID: AYLR7TJHZZ (Game is Broken)

Hidden Agendas
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 w/ KitKat 4.4.2
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

...and luckily I did the right moves (focussing on the chapters and keeping them locked). Mine started in India, they were low and it was slow, but somehow fast enough to beat the game, as I said, I'm as curious as anybody else, when it comes to figure out why I stayed more or less AT free - pie said it didn't work for her. All I know is that I got ATs between opening chapter 5-7, but they stopped as soon as the upgrades were running, this didn't happen with chapter 8 and 9, but by this time the books were completed. I could reach India faster than others because I completed London before, my stored FRs were less than the higher requirement took, guess we'll never figure out if there was a difference. But hey, you can still enjoy the game, not too bad .

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    It really is too bad everyone's game works differently. So many of us are way behind on premium sites because diamonds are unattainable but then others get nothing but diamond trades.

I play constantly and am lucky if I get 100 diamonds a day.

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    It really is too bad everyone's game works differently. So many of us are way behind on premium sites because diamonds are unattainable but then others get nothing but diamond trades.

I play constantly and am lucky if I get 100 diamonds a day.
    Open Buckingham Palace. Don't upgrade the app. Problem solved. Better put a 'maybe' at the end there, to hedge my bets a bit!
    Last edited by grave digger; 02-01-16 at 06:08 PM.
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2

It's only the last few weeks I have finally got a few diamond trades a day - the "dunes" made the biggest impact. My biggest issue is that I get fed up doing the same searches over and over so find I lose interest. Which means I have days where I don't get many FRs and seem to slip even more behind. The game needs something extra like the SP compass (not saying that exactly, but something) so you have a more interesting reason to search other than just trying to get more FRs.

If the game stays stagnant for too long, then yes it's dead. IMHO!

Intrepid Explorer
    Well this thread has sparked a discussion! However my editor is not happy, woke up this morning to three blank timed shelves,me has gone on strike in protest at my starting this thread. To me the most telling thing is no post from PG. I started this AM USA time yesterday and would have expected them to rush to deny, but we get nothing but silence.

I am still trying to develop Buckingham palace first site using my 20 film roles a day and am also building up a small stash of each voyager site clue to see if that encourages trades for those. However I do not want 10s of them as they are all at level 3 and need upgrading if I can get the diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeN32 View Post
    Well this thread has sparked a discussion! However my editor is not happy, woke up this morning to three blank timed shelves,me has gone on strike in protest at my starting this thread. To me the most telling thing is no post from PG. I started this AM USA time yesterday and would have expected them to rush to deny, but we get nothing but silence.

I am still trying to develop Buckingham palace first site using my 20 film roles a day and am also building up a small stash of each voyager site clue to see if that encourages trades for those. However I do not want 10s of them as they are all at level 3 and need upgrading if I can get the diamonds.
    I have found that the Voyager sites do not play all the same way in terms of encouraging trades. My #2,3 and 4 sites (ie Bakery, Parlour and Village Square) were hot sites for a while and every time I had one of those relics they were requested in a trade. The other ones have been more like premium sites and sadly those hot 3 have now cooled completely. Buckingham Palace is now the only hot area I have.
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0
    Support ID: AOW37XJAVU
    Event ID: Ariana1619182694

Quote Originally Posted by MikeN32 View Post
    ... my editor is not happy, woke up this morning to three blank timed shelves,me has gone on strike in protest at my starting this thread.....
    Just today? Lucky you. My shelves are like that all the time! There is truly something very wrong with a game that in order to play, you must EXIT the game, and sometimes even reboot your device to get the game to move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Ariana View Post
    I have found that the Voyager sites do not play all the same way in terms of encouraging trades. My #2,3 and 4 sites (ie Bakery, Parlour and Village Square) were hot sites ...
    That was the same for me as well. However, the Voyager sites are pretty much dead for me since the update (I had them all open by then). I didn't even bother upgrading the last few past L2 once I realized they weren't as "hot" as some of the earlier ones.

I am getting about 1K diamonds a day, when I bother to play for any length of time. But my game had been giving them to me before the infamous update/fix/break that caused me to lose trades. Deleting/reinstalling got the trades going for me again, but I don't know if that's a solution to those that weren't getting them in the first place.

My go to game since before the holidays has been Seeker's Notes. Personally, I'm liking it way better than either this or SP. It's more challenging and has a steeper learning curve as it's more complex, but you can play for longer periods of time, and while it's not bug free (I've got to level 35 before encountering an intermittent bug that corrects itself during play,meaning you don't need to close your game) it's nowhere near as buggy as this and SP.
    Secret Passages
    Device: iPad2 w/ iOS 7.1.1
    SP v2.24-363,0 Prod Level 117 / Support ID: AYLR7TJHZZ (Game is Broken)

Hidden Agendas
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 w/ KitKat 4.4.2
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

Quote Originally Posted by ElleJ View Post
    Just today? Lucky you. My shelves are like that all the time! There is truly something very wrong with a game that in order to play, you must EXIT the game, and sometimes even reboot your device to get the game to move along.

That was the same for me as well. However, the Voyager sites are pretty much dead for me since the update (I had them all open by then). I didn't even bother upgrading the last few past L2 once I realized they weren't as "hot" as some of the earlier ones.

I am getting about 1K diamonds a day, when I bother to play for any length of time. But my game had been giving them to me before the infamous update/fix/break that caused me to lose trades. Deleting/reinstalling got the trades going for me again, but I don't know if that's a solution to those that weren't getting them in the first place.

My go to game since before the holidays has been Seeker's Notes. Personally, I'm liking it way better than either this or SP. It's more challenging and has a steeper learning curve as it's more complex, but you can play for longer periods of time, and while it's not bug free (I've got to level 35 before encountering an intermittent bug that corrects itself during play,meaning you don't need to close your game) it's nowhere near as buggy as this and SP.
    i will try seeker note, most thing I hate is that PG employees never answer our forums doubts

Quote Originally Posted by ElleJ View Post

i will try seeker note, most thing I hate is that PG employees never answer our forums doubts

No word from officials. No updates in forever. Obvious bugs in abundance. I'm willing to call it yet another fiasco. Given that it was released despite not being ready for even a beta-release, and clearly directed towards known paying SP customers, I'm even considering calling it a scam.

I'm suspecting it got cut due to not making much profits. Which is not that strange when they used the same awful engine that have failed over and over again with new paint, and it still fails in the same way.

Who knows, perhaps the next huge update that fixes things is just around the corner, but I wouldn't bet on it.
    Last edited by Smygelfh; 02-02-16 at 06:06 AM.

Longtime Tapper Primitive Caveman's Avatar
    I used a ouija board to try and contact HA, but unfortunately it was inconclusive as it's a pretty inexact seance.

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by grave digger View Post
    Open Buckingham Palace. Don't upgrade the app. Problem solved. Better put a 'maybe' at the end there, to hedge my bets a bit!
    Well I think you've pretty much answered my question.
    I don't come over here much as I'm so far behind, spent 3 months in India getting everything to 5 * with no leftover relics before moving on to Hong Kong, I'm still there. I now have The Mysterious Crash all at 5* but haven't started the HK DR as I've never had an AT. The last upgrade removed the forward ATs so I'm pretty much AT free, apart from the clubhouse sites, just not getting many diamond trades and am running low. Was wondering if it would be best to open the last premium site, Buckingham Palace or the HK DR next?
    Last edited by Pippy; 02-02-16 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Double post

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast