Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Applications Closed] Pocket Gems is looking for Forum Moderators!

Owl Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    just a question DL in return. I just read your question and it set me wondering. Do you see yourself as a TPC Mod only, primarily or all PG in general? I regularly read all forum though I do not usually post, having nothing to add to the general conversations but this caught my eye.
    Congratulations btw.

Actually can I stretch this to Lim and Dame as well please?
    Quote Originally Posted by dLoww View Post
    I initially thought PG was going to have moderators exclusively for each of the games. Obviously this is all before the Mods were chosen. Several of the mods play different PG games so I think this would cover most of the subs.
    I thought it was going to be for a specific forum (TPC) initially, too.
    But, I also regularly play Hidden Agendas, and often play Campus Life, too. While I was already reading the Hidden Agendas forum, CL was always a "depending on time" (it can be even more active than TPC! and while I enjoy the mechanics of the game, I'm really a wash and wear, t-shirt and jeans person) but I've been visiting there more regularly.
    If I saw something in one of those forums where assistance was needed, if I thought I could assist in some way I would. As with TPC, there are lots of active members participating and answering questions that come up. So, it'd likely be more a question of making sure PG is aware of issues.

(btw- You can call me LI or Mom.)

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    just a question DL in return. I just read your question and it set me wondering. Do you see yourself as a TPC Mod only, primarily or all PG in general? I regularly read all forum though I do not usually post, having nothing to add to the general conversations but this caught my eye.
    Congratulations btw.

Actually can I stretch this to Lim and Dame as well please?
    Sure, call me Lady :-)

Please allow me to answer too your question:

As it has been already mentionned, as player we can message in any thread of any game and players don't have to be moderator to play a big part in the various PG forum. PG planned to move moderators around the various games, time to time. I don't know if they still planning it but it doesn't matter for me.

We are several moderators. Some of us are dedicated to others games too. It is true that we have been "assigned" to a specific game. What that means for me is that I took the responsibility to monitorize the threads of TPC but not those of all games I play, used to play or will play. So if I haven't a lot of time, I need only to monitorize TPC forum and the game. It doesn't mean I won't read the other forums and I won't participate in them. It means my priority goes to TPCPirates.

I try to not interfere with other moderators when they are dealing with a problem, especially when she/he is communicating with PG about a specific problem. And I can see that others moderators do the same. If when playing a PG game other than TPC there would be an important issue in that game, I would go and see if one moderator reported it already. If not, I would do it for sure and let the moderator of that specific game do the follow up (if there is any available at that moment).

As I think that all moderators will do the same, I agree with DLoww, we would cover most of the games.
    Damedesetoiles/Ladyofthestars
    Officer of TPCPirates

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Hey SE

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Hi Dark. I am putting it about a bit here.

To the Mods.
    Thanks for the input ladies I feel I know you all a little better now if not as much as I would like to know you. I have been reading for quite a while as I said so I hope you don't mind if I chew the fat occasionally. I like to keep myself informed on what I going on. Don't worry I will not be doing this often.

edit. I have a bit of a reputation for nicknames so beware.
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 03-13-16 at 02:17 AM.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12