Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Applications Closed] Pocket Gems is looking for Forum Moderators!

Talking [Applications Closed] Pocket Gems is looking for Forum Moderators!

The title says it all! Pocket gems is looking for a few motivated, helpful, and unbiased community members to help keep our forums fun, friendly, and active. As our game communities grow, one of the biggest challenges is being able to identify and address player issues and questions quickly as well as apply basic forum rules. As a Pocket Gems forum moderator, you’ll have the opportunity to shape our community into the kind of place that players would come for the gameplay tips and strategies, but stay for the people! You’ll also be communicating directly with the Pocket Gems Community team on a day-to-day basis to help handle community situations as they arise.

Moderator Responsibilities and Privileges

• Keep watch over new and existing forum threads, moving misplaced and deleting inappropriate threads as necessary.
    • Help diffuse conflicts between players fairly while maintaining a neutral position.
    • Inform the Pocket Gems Support team of any major game issues that arise.
    • Uphold the rules of the forums.
    • Help answer common player questions.

Must-haves

• A good sense of the community’s players, interactions, and common questions.
    • A strong empathy for players and a willingness to help out.
    • Active daily participation on the forums.
    • Significant experience playing one or more of the following games: Tap Paradise Cove, Campus Life, Secret Passages

Bonuses

• High-level player in the respective game (understand all basic game mechanics and then some).
    • A long-time player who is familiar with multiple Pocket Gems Games.
    • Previous moderator experience or participation in other online communities.

Application

Applications are now closed.
    Last edited by PGWilsooon; 02-16-16 at 12:42 PM.

Intrepid Explorer
    So i wonder who will be applying from here..

You can share that you're applying if you want, but all responses will be kept strictly confidential!

PG, thank you for believing in the power and dedication of your players to ask for their assistance. You have many players who can provide you invaluable information.
    CoffeeTa
    Leader of CrazyCanucks4
    CoffeeTa.crazycanucks@gmail.com

As a passionate member or the forum and game. I sincerely hope you get some great applicants. I wish i fulfilled the requirements but I don't......
    'I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer' - Dune litany. F.Herbert
    Home is where the heart is. My heart belongs to Roughseas

How many moderators are you looking for Wilsooon? Are they going to be dedicated to one particular forum or must they be able to assist on all forums? My suggestion would be that you look for someone(s) not in the PST time zone as the majority of issues seems to arise before the PG team gets to the office.

Do you have a spot where people can go to register that a certain person should NEVER be a moderator?

I can think of several people who will apply that should NOT get this position!

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaLolli View Post
    Do you have a spot where people can go to register that a certain person should NEVER be a moderator?

I can think of several people who will apply that should NOT get this position!
    lol..you can always PM support.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

I am not even sure why this is necessary. There are plenty of very helpful players already who receive nothing and expect nothing in return because they love the game.... and the need for PG to step in and moderate does not occur very often. We are all adults (well, mostly) and it would seem the above responsibilities should be and have been performed by PG employees.
    But that is just my humble opinion and it looks like this is going to happen anyway.
    The silver lining is some will no longer have to regularly check the forums.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

These are @players, but the messages apply to everyone!

@BlueBlou: We're hoping that good candidates for forum moderators will be able to interact with more than one forum, but that's an added bonus, not a requirement. As for the number of moderators, that number is a bit of a moving target depending on how many applications come in in the next couple weeks and how many game communities each one is familiar with. We're planning on reassessing every few months or so too, so moderators may not remain "moderators for life".

@NinjaLolli: I've already heard folks mention "vetoing" certain players from being moderators. I can definitely understand the concern here, and any disagreements should be directed at myself, PGLiz, or PGJesse after the announcement of mods have been made. That being said, we're taking every measure to make sure that us PG folks are doing our homework before sending out the final results.

@giraffe510: We're in no way trying to discount the fantastic contributions that some players have already made to the community over the years. In many ways, not too much will change from the day-to-day. Us PG folks will still be monitoring the forums, but now with a little help when it comes to catching problems right when they pop up. We see the moderator program as a way to let players with a good standing sense of player needs to be able to help shape the community into a better place.

Thanks for the reply, PGWilsooon.

Longtime Tapper
    Hi PGWilsooon, will the moderators allowed to post on the forum as regular players too? I mean broad some problems, share ideas and suggest some solutions too?
    Damedesetoiles/Ladyofthestars
    Officer of TPCPirates

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Damedesetoiles View Post
    Hi PGWilsooon, will the moderators allowed to post on the forum as regular players too? I mean broad some problems, share ideas and suggest some solutions too?
    yes

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Yes, they'll still be able to post normally. It should be made clear that moderators are not a "higher class" of forum poster. They're players who are already doing a lot of the things that a forum moderator would do, like answer player questions, direct people to information, and help keep the community a fun, safe space to be. Chosen moderators are just being given a few more tools to help them keep doing these things, and will still be held to the same rules that all other forum members are.

Longtime Tapper
    Thanks. Your answer is very clear. :-)
    Damedesetoiles/Ladyofthestars
    Officer of TPCPirates

If you're considering it, your measured and thoughtful answers and the ability to see both sides, would make you a good one

- - - Updated - - -

If you're considering it, your measured and thoughtful answers and the ability to see both sides, would make you a good one

Dame, I agree with Fibeestar

Talking Less than one week left!

Hi All!

February 14th is just around the corner, and we've received some promising applications for forum mods so far! If you're still on the fence about it, it's better to take a few minutes to fill out the application form just in case! A few questions have come up in the past week, so I'll try to address them here:

Can forum moderators view personal information?
    No, we're being very careful when setting up the account permissions for forum moderators to make sure they won't be able to look up your IP addresses, change your personal settings, or any other invasion of privacy. Ideally, someone who's selected as a mod wouldn't think to do anything unconscionable, but you never know, so we'll be doing our best to not even make it an option.

Can mods still post feedback, suggestions, complaints, etc. on the forums?
    YES! Being a mod doesn't take you out of being able to participate in the community. That would be counterproductive.

What kind of additional powers do forum mods get?
    Forum mods won't be able to do anything special aside from being able to move, delete, and edit threads. They'll be able to approve posts from new users (and remove ones from spammers). They will also have access to a Moderator forum where they'll be able to check in with PG Support about issues they see or get info on issues that PG Support posts. It's essentially a big inbox between mods and PG as opposed to their own personal Inbox.

Will mods get insider information?
    Mods won't be given any secrets to help gain themselves or their friends any advantage in the game. That's not what this position is about! The conversations mods will have with PG Support will mostly be centered around "this is a concern we see happening right now" or "how should this situation be handled?", etc.

What if a moderator I take issue with is selected?
    I couldn't have said it better myself:
    Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post
    Whoever is chosen will never satisfy everyone no matter how qualified they might be. It's the personality thing...we all like or dislike a person for this reason or that. The reason I may like someone, may be why you dislike them and vice versa.
    We'll be doing our homework on our end to try to make our selections as fair and likable to all as possible.

Thanks for the information PGWilsooon. It all seem very reasonable and clear to me. I can't wait to see who gets picked
    'I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer' - Dune litany. F.Herbert
    Home is where the heart is. My heart belongs to Roughseas

Intrepid Explorer
    Any word on who will be our moderators for TPC?

I am sure that at the moment, with the issues from the guild event this past weekend and trying to correct those, looking at the applicants and choosing the right people are low on the priority list. I am sure many would rather their prizes get awarded before moderators are chosen.

Patience

It'll be at least another week or so before moderators are announced while we set things up on our end.

At the moment, we are prioritizing the issue with guild event rewards as DelawareGhost has mentioned.

I seriously think you need to identify the MODS with the name (moderator) under there forum name. I see a slight colour change which indicates nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by dLoww View Post
    Any word on who will be our moderators for TPC?
    just a question DL in return. I just read your question and it set me wondering. Do you see yourself as a TPC Mod only, primarily or all PG in general? I regularly read all forum though I do not usually post, having nothing to add to the general conversations but this caught my eye.
    Congratulations btw.

Actually can I stretch this to Lim and Dame as well please?
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 03-08-16 at 03:59 AM.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Intrepid Explorer
    I initially thought PG was going to have moderators exclusively for each of the games. Obviously this is all before the Mods were chosen. Several of the mods play different PG games so I think this would cover most of the subs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast