Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Applications Closed] Pocket Gems is looking for Forum Moderators!

Talking [Applications Closed] Pocket Gems is looking for Forum Moderators!

The title says it all! Pocket gems is looking for a few motivated, helpful, and unbiased community members to help keep our forums fun, friendly, and active. As our game communities grow, one of the biggest challenges is being able to identify and address player issues and questions quickly as well as apply basic forum rules. As a Pocket Gems forum moderator, you’ll have the opportunity to shape our community into the kind of place that players would come for the gameplay tips and strategies, but stay for the people! You’ll also be communicating directly with the Pocket Gems Community team on a day-to-day basis to help handle community situations as they arise.

Moderator Responsibilities and Privileges

• Keep watch over new and existing forum threads, moving misplaced and deleting inappropriate threads as necessary.
    • Help diffuse conflicts between players fairly while maintaining a neutral position.
    • Inform the Pocket Gems Support team of any major game issues that arise.
    • Uphold the rules of the forums.
    • Help answer common player questions.

Must-haves

• A good sense of the community’s players, interactions, and common questions.
    • A strong empathy for players and a willingness to help out.
    • Active daily participation on the forums.
    • Significant experience playing one or more of the following games: Tap Paradise Cove, Campus Life, Secret Passages

Bonuses

• High-level player in the respective game (understand all basic game mechanics and then some).
    • A long-time player who is familiar with multiple Pocket Gems Games.
    • Previous moderator experience or participation in other online communities.

Application

Applications are now closed.
    Last edited by PGWilsooon; 02-16-16 at 12:41 PM.

Intrepid Explorer
    Where do I click to apply for power of veto over who is picked to be a moderator ?
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

Chosen mods will be held to the same standards and rules that all other forum members are. If there are any concerns of abuse of power, inappropriate responses, or other issues, reach out to a PG team member via PM. Remember that it's always better to keep any kind of quarrels off the forums--we want this to be a fun, safe space for everyone!

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by grave digger View Post
    Where do I click to apply for power of veto over who is picked to be a moderator ?
    I second that motion GD!

Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post
    +1
    STILL WAITING FOR SOME COS GROVE
    v2.97-446,0; HPZM7RJFRG; iPad2 15GB iOS 8.1.1 (12B435); lv116
    my SP hang-ups: sticky power-ups, 'lost progress' crashes, limitless ore
    wishlist: trading shelf in cos / epoch, ability to pause a craft

First I thought I would PM then I thought it better to do it in the open where everyone can see.
    I have been against this from the word go as you all will know by now. I have argued and argued against just this sort of situation until I am blue in the face.
    You are adding a tier, an elite within a group so you have haves and have nots.
    So here is my manifesto.
    I have been helping out since joining forum.
    I was the first to welcome new members on a regular basis.
    I have worked behind the scenes to calm things down when tempers ran high.
    I have arranged for 'stuck' posting problems to be sorted.
    I have a sense of humour.
    I have shouted at PG behind the scenes when it has been needed and praised when things have been made right.
    I have been alerting PG to problems arrising both in SP and forum for a long while.

Do I want the job. No thank you.
    I dont want it for myself and I can think of only two people who should be given it and one of them is a pain.

I was just going to press post when I had the horriblest thought. I could see several people scrambling to get their application forms and this appalled me. I have to say the day the first moderator becomes active will probably be the day I leave and I say that with a heavy heart as forum is very important to me.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Intrepid Explorer
    JJ, you might not have the inclination or the time, but you have all the requisite qualities in my esteemed opinion. Just saying . Might need to play a little extra Campus Life on the side though, hee hee.
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

Longtime Tapper
    SE I am not sure i get why you think it is a bad thing? I am a member of several other forums and they all have moderators from within the posting group. I have never seen any real problems.
    Support ID: UDDBHU7EJB

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    First I thought I would PM then I thought it better to do it in the open where everyone can see.
    I have been against this from the word go as you all will know by now. I have argued and argued against just this sort of situation until I am blue in the face.
    So here is my manifesto.
    I have shouted at PG behind the scenes when it has been needed and praised when things have been made right.
    I have been alerting PG to problems arrising both in SP and forum for a long while.

I dont want it for myself and I can think of only two people who should be given it and one of them is a pain.

I was just going to press post when I had the horriblest thought. I could see several people scrambling to get their application forms and this appalled me. I have to say the day the first moderator becomes active will probably be the day I leave and I say that with a heavy heart as forum is very important to me.
    My bags are already packed and waiting in the corner, SE.

Since even before I jumped into the forum some two years ago, you have always been a presence here. And there are others, some are long gone, some are still here, who have been able to fulfill what PG seems to be seeking in the form of "official moderator". Plus, I always assumed that someone was monitoring the forum, 'anonymous eyes' to keep things from blowing apart. And lately, I sense that more and more players are taking on the role of 'moderator', giving up their time and energy to help out with issues here. Also,people have always had the option to 'run to Daddy' when a post or something else rubs them the wrong way. IMHO we already have moderators coming out the ying yang.

Sounds like it's a done deal though. Whoever is chosen will never satisfy everyone no matter how qualified they might be. It's the personality thing...we all like or dislike a person for this reason or that. The reason I may like someone, may be why you dislike them and vice versa. But I do hope, if indeed this comes to pass, that someone with little controversy surrounding them is picked.

GD, you mentioned jj....I could live with that. Qualified, and I believe ,well thought of by most people here. But as you noted, probably too busy to take on the role of Hall Monitor.

Just my opinion folks...

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    So here is my manifesto.

I am not sure this is a brilliant idea either. But It's something that can be done on a trial basis. The forums are very important to me. But if it's going to happen, I will not change what I do.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Just my humble opinion here, but it might be the sparks that is needed for the forum to regain its liveliness. In fact, it seems that you were asking exactly that from Wilsoooon a few days ago. I see into that position someone that has the time to be dedicated, that has humor, that has the knowledge to direct and help newer and older players, and that has a positive mind (did I just described Jimbo here ?). I know I don't post often, but I read every day the new messages and I agree that it seems a little letargic now. I have been to many forums over the years, and they each have their moderators, and all work fine.

Intrepid Explorer
    I also suggested Jimbo on another thread. We are all adults (!!!!!!!) and do we really need a monitor? In the past PG has stepped in when necessary and that has not been that often.

My concern is that with the passing off of these responsibilities is this the kiss of death for this game. Wilsoon had said to watch for new and exciting things, I am still waiting and like a kid at Christmas as the days go by the anticipation dies a little each passing day. EG still has two areas that we have patiently waited for. I am growing cobwebs while waiting. Maybe the stagnation on the forum is a direct result in the stagnation of the game.

Don't get me wrong I love this game and still have so much more to achieve. While some of these are personal goals for the game, some are just from a being involved in the friendly competition with the forum members.

Quote Originally Posted by KIWICANUCK View Post
    I also suggested Jimbo on another thread. We are all adults (!!!!!!!) and do we really need a monitor? In the past PG has stepped in when necessary and that has not been that often.

My concern is that with the passing off of these responsibilities is this the kiss of death for this game. Wilsoon had said to watch for new and exciting things, I am still waiting and like a kid at Christmas as the days go by the anticipation dies a little each passing day. EG still has two areas that we have patiently waited for. I am growing cobwebs while waiting. Maybe the stagnation on the forum is a direct result in the stagnation of the game.

Don't get me wrong I love this game and still have so much more to achieve. While some of these are personal goals for the game, some are just from a being involved in the friendly competition with the forum members.
    I think PG has a new game waiting in the wings..." new and exciting" might not be connected to this game. I read about it in the CL forum...some PG employee was leaving there to go work on it. No clues as to what it is or when it will be released though.
    Last edited by salmo23; 01-30-16 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunnerbun View Post
    SE I am not sure i get why you think it is a bad thing? I am a member of several other forums and they all have moderators from within the posting group. I have never seen any real problems.
    Bunny I do wish I could find my arguement against. I thought about what I wrote and my arguements were balanced but if I write now it could be all emotions and jumping in and thats no way to do the subject justice.
    It is mostly to do with someone coming between us and them and adding another layer. It also had a lot to do with and is tied up with, the feeling that our individuality will be subsumed but that is even more dificult to explain. I propose to think some more about my whys and come back when I can give a proper balanced reply. The only thing I can say is it FEELS wrong right down to my toes.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Intrepid Explorer
    I contribute to another forum, not game related, that has moderators. The key there is the plural,moderators. One of the role of the moderators is to moderate one another. The moderators get special access to the web site controllers which prevent the web site controllers getting overrun with spam emails and any major decisions made by the moderators such as suspending a member for inappropriate conduct requires approval by at least three moderators. In my view it works well. All I would ask is as the decision to go that way seems to have been made, is please give it a chance before doing anything drastic.

Wow, I go and have a birthday for a few hours and I miss everything.

I'll tell you this, a few more threads like this and we won't have to worry about forum activity . . . . . one way or the other.

Big smile
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Writing you this from Fire Lake...

Personally, I think PG is playing those 'eights and aces' with this one. Look it up,you non gambling types...

I will admit my knee jerk reaction was "boo, hiss"...it just didn't feel right. But if it is to be then 'let her rip!'....I will stick around for a while to see how it all unfolds...whether those chosen can keep their egos in check and can conduct themselves effectively and with a healthy dose of humility...we shall see.

I don't intend to alter my posting style one iota for fear my remarks are being "moderated" by someone who could perhaps be biased against me or the essence of what I am posting. I may even push the envelope a bit to test out the new format!

Not going to completely slam the door shut at this point, will leave it cracked open....a little.

Quote Originally Posted by igotahavit View Post
    Wow, I go and have a birthday for a few hours and I miss everything.
    Happy Birthday, Gota!
    Level 117

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tammy View Post
    Happy Birthday, Gota!
    If it was yours...
    Event name: H(o)ll(o)w / Olevia280723700, lvl 65, support ID: C8C4MGX4B4
    AT free thanks to GOD...

No daily bonus since March update.
    Love You ALL! Forumers rock this world!

Thank you Tammy and Hollow!
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Intrepid Explorer
    Wishing you all you wish for yourself.

GD and salmo,

wow, thank you for the kind words! but i kinda feel like Galadriel in lord of the rings (cate blanchett's character), being offered the ring --> reaching out towards it --> discovering the dark and violent side of me --> withdrawing and entrusting the ring to frodo, whomever that may be

my opinion: it's PG's job
    Last edited by jumajuma; 01-31-16 at 03:10 AM.
    STILL WAITING FOR SOME COS GROVE
    v2.97-446,0; HPZM7RJFRG; iPad2 15GB iOS 8.1.1 (12B435); lv116
    my SP hang-ups: sticky power-ups, 'lost progress' crashes, limitless ore
    wishlist: trading shelf in cos / epoch, ability to pause a craft

Quote Originally Posted by jumajuma View Post
    GD and salmo,

wow, thank you for the kind words! but i kinda feel like Galadriel in lord of the rings (cate blanchett's character), being offered the ring --> reaching out towards it --> discovering the dark and violent side of me --> withdrawing and entrusting the ring to frodo, whomever that may be

my opinion: it's PG's job
    Your avatar would slowly change, like Dorian Gray's portrait...

Not fun, not fun.
    Last edited by salmo23; 01-31-16 at 04:09 AM.

Well said.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast