Thread: Parlour

Intrepid Explorer

Parlour

Is anyone else seeing a bug in the parlour scene? One of the two variations works Ok but the other asks for items which do not exist such as background, loot, books, bow tie etc. The only way to finish it is to use the autofind and that deletes the three items from the find list, but nothing changes on the screen. I have had this problem at both level 2 and level 3 where the evidence is a red box and a sad puppy respectively. I am playing on an iPad and players on an iPhone may not be affected as they only see part of the screen at a time, the iPad is supposed to show the whole scene.

Could you post screenshots if this happens? It would be very helpful.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

I have Parlour at 5* and haven't experienced anything like that at any level.
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0
    Support ID: AOW37XJAVU
    Event ID: Ariana1619182694

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    Could you post screenshots if this happens? It would be very helpful.
    ok here should be a screenshot

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  97.9 KB

Thanks. Weird, have you installed the latest version? If so, submit a ticket.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

If you can upgrade to next level this might solve the problem. The only other way would be to memorize where the items are. Does tapping on the space where they are supposed to be work? Definitely submit a ticket with the screenshot.

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Topmom52 View Post
    If you can upgrade to next level this might solve the problem. The only other way would be to memorize where the items are. Does tapping on the space where they are supposed to be work? Definitely submit a ticket with the screenshot.
    I upgraded from level 2 to 3 to try to make the problem go away, but with no luck. I do not have enough diamonds to upgrade further. As far as I can tell the items are not anywhere on the screen I have tried tapping just about everywhere but cannot find any of them. When I use an autofind it seems as if the items are all off the edge of the screen.

Yes I have the latest version of HA, the one with the excess evidence bug issued before Christmas. As far as I am aware we are still waiting for the first 2016 update.

I definitely never saw this, so I don't think upgrading will make a difference. If you weren't on the latest version, I could imagine that a buggy site was part of the file, but this is clearly a reason to submit a ticket. Maybe a certain device/version of the app (they spread out different ones) is affected. On which iPad do you play?

I tried posting a screenshot but no luck. If someone else can maybe the items are in the same place. Definitely ticket time. Once you get a ticket number, PM Wilsoon. Good luck.

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    I definitely never saw this, so I don't think upgrading will make a difference. If you weren't on the latest version, I could imagine that a buggy site was part of the file, but this is clearly a reason to submit a ticket. Maybe a certain device/version of the app (they spread out different ones) is affected. On which iPad do you play?
    I am playing on my brand new ipad2 air with 64G storage. OK will submit ticket.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Topmom52 View Post
    I tried posting a screenshot but no luck. If someone else can maybe the items are in the same place. Definitely ticket time. Once you get a ticket number, PM Wilsoon. Good luck.
    If you have those items on your screenshot, please PM it to me if you cannot post. I also have trouble posting, I had to try about 6 times using different options from the moments, my camera role, my photos etc list until I found one that worked.

Mine looks like this (red gift)
Views: 158
Size:  97.4 KB
    And here's another one (blue gift)
Views: 156
Size:  97.7 KB
    Have you tried to reinstall the app? Of course after a backup?!
    It would be interesting if anybody else who uses that device has the issue.
    Last edited by Kate; 01-10-16 at 10:17 AM.

I'm on a new iPad mini at L4 and mine is just like Kate's except my Yule Cake is called a Fruitcake. This is one of the "hot" clubhouse scenes for me, so I've searched it a ton of times. No issues at all. (well, except for the fact that the "wagon" is really a "sleigh.")
    Device: iPad2 w/ iOS 7.1.1
    SP v2.24-363,0 Prod Level 117 / Support ID: AYLR7TJHZZ (Game is Broken)

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 w/ KitKat 4.4.2
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

Intrepid Explorer
    Ok I have submitted a ticket so we will see what happens tomorrow. Kate your top screenshot looks like the one I have issues with, the coffee cup and flowers are just not present in mine. The other screenshot is the other scene variation which works OK for me too. For now I am just quitting HA when I get the top option and restarting until I get the lower one.

Hi Mike, I'm playing on the same spec iPad as you (and same colour just read your post in Secret Passages) and have not had any problem with Parlour which I've now got at level 5. Sounds like the ticket was the right thing to do. Hope you get it resolved soon.
    Paradise Cove - Level 58 (Mrs Ripple, member of Darkwings)
    Paradise Cove - Level 53 (Raiding Queen, officer of Thedarkraiders)

Support IDs: 9NQY72WE47 and 6R0HQ92TQC

Kate, your Yule cake even looks different than my fruitcake and is in a different spot. Guess SE's different games really applies here.

Mike, I don't have an option to upload a picture in PM. If you want to PM with email, I can try that.
    Last edited by Topmom52; 01-10-16 at 02:29 PM.

And it's also the 5* clue? I'll post a screenshot of my clues.

Views: 143
Size:  11.3 KB

Topmom, I already posted screenshots of both scenes .
    Last edited by Kate; 01-10-16 at 03:18 PM.

I'm still on level 4 as I don't have enough to upgrade to 5 yet. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks Kate.

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN32 View Post
    Ok I have submitted a ticket so we will see what happens tomorrow. Kate your top screenshot looks like the one I have issues with, the coffee cup and flowers are just not present in mine. The other screenshot is the other scene variation which works OK for me too. For now I am just quitting HA when I get the top option and restarting until I get the lower one.
    Got a reply from PG today. I need to uninstall and reinstall HA which should solve the problem. Have not had time to do it today, hopefully tomorrow. In the meantime I am managing by just quitting HA whenever I get the faulty version of parlour. The good news is that my diamond trades have finally taken off and not just for the voyager sites.

This might solve the problem, that's why I asked if you reinstalled the app already. Don't forget a backup.

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN32 View Post
    Got a reply from PG today. I need to uninstall and reinstall HA which should solve the problem. Have not had time to do it today, hopefully tomorrow. In the meantime I am managing by just quitting HA whenever I get the faulty version of parlour. The good news is that my diamond trades have finally taken off and not just for the voyager sites.
    Problem solved, I got round to doing the uninstall, reinstall and now I have the parlour scene as it should be.