Thread: Happy New Year! Updates in the works

Employee

Happy New Year! Updates in the works

Hello, all, and happy new year!

I wanted to touch base, since (almost) all the hard-working folks at PG took a vacation over the holidays.

We're working the kinks out of a new Premium Region. We'd hoped to release it to y'all this morning, but there are one or two bugs we need to work out first.

We have a fix for the "too much evidence" bug, and hope to have that in your hands next week. Once most people have upgraded, Wilson has an automated script that should credit back any film rolls you lost.

Great news, hope you enjoyed your deserved holidays and had a great time. Thanks for the info, the new region and wilson's fix!
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

Thanks for the news, Lucid! Happy new year to all at PG as well.

I understand the credit of FRs will be contingent on upgrading, but will it matter if we upgrade immediately or even a week after the upgrade is made available? Basically, will we get our credits no matter when we upgrade?
    Secret Passages
    Device: iPad2 w/ iOS 7.1.1
    SP v2.24-363,0 Prod Level 117 / Support ID: AYLR7TJHZZ (Game is Broken)

Hidden Agendas
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 w/ KitKat 4.4.2
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

Whoohoo! I just got the new Buckingham Palace premium area!
    Farewell, everyone.

I wish you good fortune in the game.

Even more than that, I wish you joy and well being in the real world.

Y

Longtime Tapper Primitive Caveman's Avatar
    Glad to also get the new area.

Just a small reward niggle. I'm sure it said that the reward for opening it was 30 diamonds, but after opening it the reward given was only 10 diamonds. Ho hum... Queen Elizabeth not being so generous as she first appears?

Intrepid Explorer
    So with an important update imminent is it wise to do anything with the new premium region before upgrading if I want to keep it hot for diamond trades? I lost out on the last premium region for just that region and do not want to make the same mistake again.

I've got it open and it seems to be hot for me. I did give thought to the upgrade, but the diamonds are more important for me. I have FRs and didn't do much developing in the Chapter DRs while they were broken, so I maybe have about 20 (just a guess) coming back to me. So in my situation at least, the diamonds are more important and the upgrade can sit until I'm ready for it to kill trades.
    Secret Passages

Hidden Agendas
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    So, if I open bucking ham palace, what level do I need the books at to start getting diamond trades? I only have 700 diamonds so there is no way for me to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    So, if I open bucking ham palace, what level do I need the books at to start getting diamond trades? I only have 700 diamonds so there is no way for me to upgrade.
    It always depends on the total number of clues you unlocked. As I said at the beginning, I would invest everything in the clubhouse sites, they stay hot. In SP this method was the key for me.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    I haven't gotten any trades with my clubhouse sites

Would someone please share parts 2,3,4 of the Buckinghan Palace Rush quest - what are the steps and what are the rewards? Thanks!
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

Part 4
    Search the Kitchen
    40 diamonds
    Farewell, everyone.

Y

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    I haven't gotten any trades with my clubhouse sites
    None? Ouch. I guess the issues I had with iOS 9.2 were a good thing. I had to do a factory reset on my device, which meant reinstalling my game. My diamond trades started again, immediately after. I'd stopped getting trades after the last update/fix.

Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryL View Post
    Would someone please share parts 2,3,4 of the Buckinghan Palace Rush quest - what are the steps and what are the rewards? Thanks!
    I can't remember exactly, but 2 and 3 were nothing spectacular. Search the Sitting Room for 20 diamonds and the Hallway for 30. Something like that.
    Secret Passages

Hidden Agendas

Lucid,

One minor thing. The clues for the Sitting room are very tiny.
    Farewell, everyone.

Y

Quote Originally Posted by Pietrpahn View Post
    Lucid,

One minor thing. The clues for the Sitting room are very tiny.
    Huh. Just posted about this in the bugs thread, then came to see what was here. Pie, I linked to an old SP post of yours. I thought of it when I saw the little clues the first time. It's the same in the Hallway.
    Secret Passages

Hidden Agendas

Intrepid Explorer
    The Hallway and the Sitting Room in the Buckingham Palace Case on the tabletop map are the wrong way round. It seemed to me that I got the closing dialogue for the case right at the beginning rather than the end.

Buckingham Palace clues are hot for me too. All levels of clues. Bakery and Parlor (which is as far as I am up to) Clubhouse sites are as well though. I am expecting the update to kill the whole lot of them whenever I do it (but I'm AT free now anyway so I'm less concerned). Of course newer ones will probably come along to replace them. Opening Buckingham Palace after the update will have no bearing on hotness - the update will kill them, or it won't, independently of anything else.
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    We have a fix for the "too much evidence" bug, and hope to have that in your hands next week. Once most people have upgraded, Wilson has an automated script that should credit back any film rolls you lost.
    Hi Lucid,
    Next week is now last week! Any updates on when we can expect this please? Will there be quests forthcoming in the update?
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

Yes please Lucid, Inquiring minds want to know.