Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scotland?

Scotland?

Can anyone from PG tell us when Scotland will be available to all of us , it's sometime since it appeared and I know there were problems with it which is why not all of us are able to play it. However I would have thought by now it would have been sorted out, an update would be much appreciated .
    Secret Passages : Broken

Anna - Just a guess - if an app update was required, then it is probably is in with the excess evidence fix - which is likely still sitting at Apple awaiting approval.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

The other questions are the update and the next book.

There were actually issues, but definitely not some that required an instant fix or locking the chapter. There were two minor graphical issues that were fixed and either the release wasn't scheduled yet, or this was the fasted way to offer it to as few players as possible before changing the pricing - for me the payout was low while unlocking was quite expensive (this means no chance to complete the quests) and the bonus site upgraded for coins - great for some, annoying for others. Maybe it wasn't possible to unlock Scotland again or simply forgotten, but it wasn't completely broken.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

Thanks Rosemary and Kate, will just have to wait it out !!! Patience I understand is a virtue!!

Intrepid Explorer
    Hmm so Scotland is still locked for anyone who didn't open it the first day it arrived? Admittedly I haven't actually tried to unlock it (not quite ready, but very nearly) but if I tap on the picture frame thingy in Chapter 8 it looks like it would allow me to solve the case and move on. Is everyone who didn't open it straight away in the same boat as Anna?
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

I opened it just now - so there is no general problem there. And I was surprised by the time to unlock the first site, which was 3 seconds and 10 minutes. So I am already at the second site, which takes 6 hours. The downside of it is, that the DR now takes 14 items instead of 11. So much to find and still so few filmrolls.

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    Ah, Carina, I am opposite of you...not opening anything else until I have dr's upgraded (it may take years, I only have 350 rubies) no quests to use fr's so my film rolls are accumulating. I have over 200 and that's after 8 days of vacation at a resort that had "wifi everywhere". True, it was "available" but so ****py that most days I couldn't even connect to my mail much less open a game. Ruined my daily log in streak, so sad.
    Last edited by Matilda; 01-06-16 at 09:07 AM.

Intrepid Explorer
    Thanks Carina. I am glad I should have access or else I would have been forced to use the chapter 1 darkroom to find keys. That wouldn't be good with the evidence overflow problem.

Anna, what do you see if you try the Chapter 8 picture frame?
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2

Quote Originally Posted by grave digger View Post
    Thanks Carina. I am glad I should have access or else I would have been forced to use the chapter 1 darkroom to find keys. That wouldn't be good with the evidence overflow problem.

Anna, what do you see if you try the Chapter 8 picture frame?
    Are both requirements checked? Otherwise this is normal.

Good luck if you have to use the London DR. My ratio is less than 1:20. And pus are maxed out.
    Last edited by Kate; 01-06-16 at 03:32 PM.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

grave digger I have the map of Scotland but everything is blank Name:  image.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  96.4 KB
    Where the buildings will be is also blank and I have no quest to open it, I am concerned that I seem to be the only one on this forum that can't access it since no one else appears to have posted that they haven't got it, hope it's not a repeat of my Secret Passages game which was broken and have deleted.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
    grave digger I have the map of Scotland but everything is blank Name:  image.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  96.4 KB
    Where the buildings will be is also blank and I have no quest to open it, I am concerned that I seem to be the only one on this forum that can't access it since no one else appears to have posted that they haven't got it, hope it's not a repeat of my Secret Passages game which was broken and have deleted.
    Have you submitted a ticket? If not you can do so, and or you can pass that ticket ID to me if you wish as well.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

I've tried to send in a ticket by clicking on "contact us" it then tells me that " the email function has been disabled by the administrator".
    I found a reply I had from Lucid after I had contacted him about this problem, in which he said Scotland would be released " next week" that was on 18thDecember, so have replied to that instead. I know it's not a ticket with a number but clearly I can't send one so that will have to do!!
    Last edited by AnnaS; 01-06-16 at 04:09 PM.

Intrepid Explorer
    Hi Anna. That's just what an unlocked chapter looks like. Can you see partially in your screenshot at the top there is a label that says Chapter 8 - to the right of Train Station? There is a picture frame right above it. Tap that and I think you may be able to solve the Chapter 8 case which is what should unlock Chapter 9. If not, post a screenshot of what you see after tapping the picture frame. Thanks. I guess previously you opened chapters directly from the darkroom after finding the final evidence?

P.S. I worry for your exclamation mark key sometimes .
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2

Well blow me down grave digger ( desperately trying to keep finger off exclamation key) it worked, I've tried that before but with no success , but now I have Scotland open, thankyou so much.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    There was my next question and all ends well. Fantastic, enjoy Scotland, high prices, long times and the kilts lol.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

ElleJ posted the costs for Railway Map and I found it helpful.

Here are the costs for Scotland. If you like to be prepared before you go open it, have 5.3 M coins on hand

Scotland Streets

McConnell Grounds

McConnell Castle
    Farewell, everyone.

I wish you good fortune in the game.

Even more than that, I wish you joy and well being in the real world.

Y

Be aware if there is an item at the first sites that is traded for a good price, if you unlock one, stop upgrading that site until you have enough coins. Only the third site's 5* clue has a good payout (around 30k), the others are traded for 3-5k.

How much is upgrading the darkroom? Mine was 50k coins per step in addition to that. And upgrades can't be done for diamonds alternately.
    Last edited by Kate; 01-22-16 at 10:41 AM.

I did notice that there were a couple of mid-level relics that traded for high amounts, like that one site in Harbin in SP. Sorry I didn't flag them as I started with a 5.8 M bankroll and so just kept moving.

I haven't touched the Scotland darkroom yet, and I probably won't until quests come back. It upgrades for coins instead of diamonds?
    Farewell, everyone.

I wish you good fortune in the game.

Even more than that, I wish you joy and well being in the real world.

Y

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pietrpahn View Post
    I did notice that there were a couple of mid-level relics that traded for high amounts, like that one site in Harbin in SP. Sorry I didn't flag them as I started with a 5.8 M bankroll and so just kept moving.

I haven't touched the Scotland darkroom yet, and I probably won't until quests come back. It upgrades for coins instead of diamonds?
    Seems to depend on who you are. Mine needs diamonds unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietrpahn View Post

We should ad a warning somewhere. Yes, mine was coins (I suppose that's why the chapter was re-locked). Sadly getting coins via trades is almost impossible for me. Not fair for anyone - those who prefer coin-upgrades and those who can't afford them.

I took screenshots, but won't post them here unless they are really wanted - they provide further information about the scene and can be regarded as spoilers.
    Last edited by Kate; 01-22-16 at 12:00 PM.

Im in chapter 6 and got 4 millions already, think when ill arrive to scotland i will have like 10

As soon as I opened up Scotland starting getting ats from Suprise party darkroom region 7, never showed up before then as was at free until then and never got asked for trades so left it unopened until then, was easy to get it complete after that as they kept coming

Quote Originally Posted by topcat24 View Post
    As soon as I opened up Scotland starting getting ats from Suprise party darkroom region 7, never showed up before then as was at free until then and never got asked for trades so left it unopened until then, was easy to get it complete after that as they kept coming
    Thanks a lot 4 the update!!!

Really? Eight days for the last site to upgrade from four to five*? I don't remember what the actual numbers were, but the costs to open these sites were ridiculous and dwarfed the costs to upgrade, which Peter listed (although some of mine appeared higher). Looked like Wales will be easier.

Owl Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by Snarklady View Post
    Really? Eight days for the last site to upgrade from four to five*? I don't remember what the actual numbers were, but the costs to open these sites were ridiculous and dwarfed the costs to upgrade, which Peter listed (although some of mine appeared higher). Looked like Wales will be easier.
    Yep, really!
    Scotland was very expensive (coins) and took a very long time to complete and do the upgrades.
    Wales could be done in one night (although not sure of the coin cost, as by the time it opened I had saved up a lot of them.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast