Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Secret Passages Game Guide and FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by PGWilsooon View Post
    I really appreciate all the feedback we've received about the FAQ update, and have made some edits as appropriate. The articles in the FAQ were made with attempting to answer most basic questions about gameplay in mind. That said, strategies, advanced techniques, and greater detail should be left up to forum discussion (as it has been in the past). We want to forums to remain a relevant place where players new and experienced can openly discuss things they've learned in order to help each other out!
    Thanks, Wilsooon!
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club is now 78 strong and growing and in its second year. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Congratulations to our newest Bandits:
    * Pippy * & Binkster!!

Special congratulations to Meggymoo & Dr. Tammy for becoming the first 4BBs!

Quote Originally Posted by PGWilsooon View Post
    I really appreciate all the feedback we've received about the FAQ update, and have made some edits as appropriate. The articles in the FAQ were made with attempting to answer most basic questions about gameplay in mind. That said, strategies, advanced techniques, and greater detail should be left up to forum discussion (as it has been in the past). We want to forums to remain a relevant place where players new and experienced can openly discuss things they've learned in order to help each other out!
    Brilliant.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Why do I see "jewel Bonus" in the background when I finish a site/ Sometimes it seems to mark a milestone like 5000 jewels. Is this a hidden bonus until I reach a certain level???

Sorry NC I just noticed nobody answered. I will have a shot but my answers are normally 'clear as mud' so ask again if you dont understand and I will try and keep it simple.
    It is part of the scoring you get for searching each site.
    The score is useful for three things:-
    1. You need to reach a certain score before you can upgrade that site.
    2. You sometimes get quests that ask for you to make a score of xyz,000 to get a tick.
    3. The higher you can score the better in a scoring Event such as is running this weekend. The Billionaire Bandit Event.
    note:- you can make your score higher by having Sapphires equiped. Up to three and the higher the better.

edit. You need to add your location to your name please (top of this page and settings). Thank you.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Necee View Post
    Why do I see "jewel Bonus" in the background when I finish a site/ Sometimes it seems to mark a milestone like 5000 jewels. Is this a hidden bonus until I reach a certain level???
    The only 'jewel bonus' I see is the one that appears every time I tap an item in a scene. Is that what you mean? It means I have sapphires equipped and they are adjusting my search score. Unequip my sapphires and I just get the score displayed - no bonus.
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

I took your advice.

How do I achieve the final stars on digs. Is there a secret way/ I cannot totally complete any of the digs despite using numerous freeze and auto finds icon .
    Also how do you all manage to get so many seedlings

Quote Originally Posted by Saintmike View Post
    How do I achieve the final stars on digs. Is there a secret way/ I cannot totally complete any of the digs despite using numerous freeze and auto finds icon .
    answering the first part very quickly.
    Sapphire.

I will be back later to expand if nobody gets in before me.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Intrepid Explorer
    From now on you won't. Until this year there were regular midweek searching events that rewarded you with 60 droplets and other midweek digging and crypting events that gave a seedling as th top reward. You could also compete in weekend events where the top prize was 6 seedlings and 10 droplets were also available as a lesser reward. Unfortunately PG in their infinite wisdom cancelled all weekend and midweek events at the end of 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    answering the first part very quickly.
    Sapphire.

I will be back later to expand if nobody gets in before me.
    Thank you for responding , what do you mean by sapphire ?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MikeN32 View Post
    From now on you won't. Until this year there were regular midweek searching events that rewarded you with 60 droplets and other midweek digging and crypting events that gave a seedling as th top reward. You could also compete in weekend events where the top prize was 6 seedlings and 10 droplets were also available as a lesser reward. Unfortunately PG in their infinite wisdom cancelled all weekend and midweek events at the end of 2016.
    Mike , yes I did those but always wondered how people managed to get such hi scores

Intrepid Explorer
    Mike , yes I did those but always wondered how people managed to get such hi scores
    Players who have been playing a long while have 3 level ten saphires which really multiplies your scores. Combine that with lots of superfruit to let you play indefinitely, and you can do 1B! 2B, 3B or even 4B in a weekend. Other tricks were to play sites where the relics don't move and which give 17 or 18 relics to further increase searching scores. Towards the end we were also discovering how to make the crypt much more generous which really helped with midweek crypters and weekend combos. Of course it's all irrelevant now

Saintmike:

Follow the link below and you will get an idea of just what 1, 2 or 3 L10 Sapphires will do to your scores:

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post612006

Evilmike of the Multiple Billionaire Bandits already knows this. LOL.
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club is now 78 strong and growing and in its second year. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Congratulations to our newest Bandits:
    * Pippy * & Binkster!!

Special congratulations to Meggymoo & Dr. Tammy for becoming the first 4BBs!

Saintmike, it is possible to get all the stars without having 3 level 10 sapphires. You have to know the scene well. I play one site exclusively till I get the high scores needed.

I have also found that the time freezes and the quick finds did not give me a higher score than just playing it straight and quick. The others can explain it better, but you need to tap the next item while you are still in the multiplier zone.

Thank you for responding , what do you mean by sapphire ?

Mike
    Sorry Mike, the days caught up with me and I just didn't have the time to get back to forum. I did start an answer to you last night (UK) time but I had to leave it part written for too long and it vanished.
    To get back to my answer to the first part of your question. Blue got it right (of course). You can get your 5* rating with only one sapphire or even none (but with none it is very difficult so I am ignoring that).
    With 3 sapphires scores are a lot higher so that the score needed for 5* is easily acheivable but as the Events have stopped I (personally) cannot see the point of going to all the effort of making three when one will do the trick.
    I started to write a lot more but then realised that without knowing how far you are through the game, what gems you have already made and at what level you are, there is no use saying try this or that. Advice needs to be tailored to where you are not just to answering your question. Things are different for a level 100 to a level 30 etc. or if you have some gems against having none (that is because it is normally better to make them in order).
    With out knowing anything else my answer is:- make and equip one sapphire. Take the scene you are trying to get to 5* and play it with rhythm (steady pace) rather than use the rush, hesitate, rush method and you should make the * either on the first or second attempt.
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 01-20-17 at 12:59 AM.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Thank you all . For your guidance. I have been crafting sapphires
    I will let you know how I get on. Spanisheyes thank you for you indepth guidance ps I'm on level 115

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12