Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Secret Passages Hall of Fame, Significant Records and Noteworthy Achievements

My search last weekend ... Italian Catacombs. ... Oops, sorry. That was Italian Workshop.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  15.9 KB
    Last edited by kstam852; 01-29-16 at 09:58 PM.

Intrepid Explorer
    Highest score without any purple or blue jewels would solve the handicap issue, wouldn't it?
    I seem to realize, that in shadow mode the search time cannot compete with regular mode (just my experience...)
    And another layer is if someone plays on phone or on tablet. I guess we have to live with these...
    Event name: H(o)ll(o)w / Olevia280723700, lvl 65, support ID: C8C4MGX4B4
    AT free thanks to GOD...

No daily bonus since March update.
    Love You ALL! Forumers rock this world!

Intrepid Explorer
    I am happy to go along with igotas suggestion exactly as stated. The problem with banning use of jewels is that you cannot enforce it. Yes a score of 800k is obviously achieved using high level sapphires, but a score of 300k could either be brilliant with no jewels or easy with high level ones and if someone has say three level 1 sapphires that would give them an edge without it even being apparent in the search time etc.

If we are going to have kings and queens, you will have to be careful not repeat my hollow mistake. Oh and the King and queen of England cannot be American or worse French
    Last edited by MikeN32; 01-30-16 at 03:40 AM.

Intrepid Explorer
    Maybe you can't fool the achievable score as without any jewels the scores are somewhat round numbers.
    Plus you add the time bonus.
    Check it out if im right...
    AT free thanks to GOD...

Intrepid Explorer
    Without sapphires the item score will always be a multiple of 2500 (so will end with 0000, 2500, 5000, or 7500). I'm not sure we can be certain that any item score a multiple of 2500 did not use any sapphires however. If we assume the highest three scores will be with streaks of 16 then that makes it much easier as the item score will be exactly 305,000. Any higher we know sapphires have been used. The winners will be those with best time and accuracy bonuses.

Having said that, disallowing sapphires would not rule out quartzes being used to make streaks of 16 pretty easy - though you would likely still have to be fast anyway to win.
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

Intrepid Explorer
    GD,
    You said exactly what I was thinking regarding both gems.
    Each relic category (1 to 19) has a theoretical max and that is what the competitors aim to reach.
    AT free thanks to GOD...

Okay . . . so I'm not 100% sure where we stand with the use of jewels for this event? All suggestions are good, but can we give a thumbs up or a thumbs down to the use of jewels?

I vote: thumbs up
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by igotahavit View Post
    Okay . . . so I'm not 100% sure where we stand with the use of jewels for this event? All suggestions are good, but can we give a thumbs up or a thumbs down to the use of jewels?

I vote: thumbs up
    Is that the ancient Roman Colleseum thumbs up? If so, I agree. If not, then I vote "no" to gems, at least at the outset. Let's see how many participants we get; maybe we'll all be bunched together.

Intrepid Explorer
    I vote no gems for enabling all players chanches.
    AT free thanks to GOD...

Intrepid Explorer
    I can see both sides of this, but since the original idea was to generate high scores for the hall of fame, I vote for power ups otherwise it all seems a bit pointless, the scores generated will be so low as to be meaningless. Might a compromise be to give players the choice? No power ups earns King/queen status for the winners, with power ups gives hall of fame high score.

I would be less inclined to participate if gems cannot be deployed. I am not the best at changing them in and out when digging or upgrading or whatever and cannot guarantee not to have them deployed. Also, if there is an event or quest requiring high scores, it would cause havoc changing in and out for a separate competition that may be adverse to the game play at that time. Hope that makes sense.

I noticed that there is a record for # of level 10 jewels with no fragments. I've been sitting at this for a while, hoping they'll add another slot (but not holding my breath).

1 Sunstone
    1 Ruby (with 2 it would push the emeralds to the second page, and I don't like that)
    2 Emeralds
    3 Garnets (not 4 because I find them to be useless, so I never use them)
    4 Sapphires
    4 Aquamarines
    4 Diamonds
    19 Level 10 gems
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dr Tammy; 02-19-16 at 12:56 PM.
    Level 117

Name:  IMG_1056.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  9.7 KB
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

Longtime Tapper Primitive Caveman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryL View Post
    Name:  IMG_1056.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  9.7 KB
    Good going Rosemary.

I've not been playing much lately and don't usually have the time for weekend search events, nor the Challenge Passage. But I have amassed over 20,000 of the seeds. I reckon with 25000, as I do a negative average of 350,000 a search (I'm sometimes slow on some unfamiliar scenes in the Challenge Passage), combined with regular searches plus a modest top up of candy bars I could make 2 billion. The only question would be whether there would be enough time...... Maybe one weekend.... Maybe....

Of course with about 28,000 you wouldn't even need candy bars.... But at possibly over 5000 searches you'd need heaps of human energy!

Intrepid Explorer
    Here are some new high scores, just to prove I can play a scene other than lions head pub. These are all delayed train departure and I know it looks like three posts of the same screenshot, but they are actually different searches,must giving the same scores.mi probably had others but was playing so fast my fingers kept skipping over the score screen before my brain registered that I should check for a high score!

Views: 294
Size:  87.0 KB
Views: 299
Views: 294

Intrepid Explorer
    Tammy's post below (number 62) claiming 19 level 10 gemstones seems to have been missed by igota and myself. I also have 19 now. All the smaller gemstones amongst them are because I am in middle of crafting numbers 20,21 and 22 and I was going to wait until I had got rid off them before making an updated claim.

Views: 298
Size:  95.1 KB
Views: 289
Size:  96.1 KB
Views: 291
Size:  94.9 KB

Tammy, Mike, Rosemary and everyone else, I think I've completed all of the updates for this thread. Check over them and make sure that I didn't miss any or make any mistakes. Thanks!

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Here is my entry in the highest score chart - crafting cider site in EG. I forgot to take any more screenshots, too busy crafting gallons of cider!

Views: 281
Size:  89.2 KB
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0
    Support ID: AOW37XJAVU
    Event ID: Ariana1619182694

Longtime Tapper
    I have a question about the Billionaire Bandits. Did the first Bandits achieve this status before the EG Crisis Passage came into being? It would certainly be more difficult to score a billion if the searching was limited to the sites in the DR/NR.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumlyn View Post
    I have a question about the Billionaire Bandits. Did the first Bandits achieve this status before the EG Crisis Passage came into being? It would certainly be more difficult to score a billion if the searching was limited to the sites in the DR/NR.
    Silly question perhaps, but why is the crisis passage better than fragment sites?

Quote Originally Posted by Drumlyn View Post
    Lyn:

Epoch Grove, if my memory is correct, started on 6/9/2015. The first Billionaire Bandits occurred on 5/12/2015 (Mother's Day weekend). Only the following players achieved BB status prior to EG's inception: myself (5/12/2015 & 6/8/2015), Widget223 (5/12/2015), Dr. Tammy (5/12/2015), Jacinta (6/8/2015), Lachelle1277358009 (6/8/2015), TopCat24 (6/8/2015), Tassie Arianna (6/8/2015) and RosemaryL (6/8/2015).

Everyone since has had the opportunity to play EG. Although, in fairness, !+Gameholic+! and Kingston3243704 became BBs on 6/29/2015 (the third BB event opportunity) and I doubt that they used EG during their attempt as it was only available for 2 weeks at that point. There were 7 new BBs on 8/24/2015 (the fourth BB event opportunity) and, if I'm not mistaken, some or all of those entrants used EG in their pursuit of BB. So that was probably the first time EG was used to achieve the BB status.

Dollyflop, you can search the challenge passage with seeds and it doesn't use energy. You can get 48 seeds a day and some from searching sites, so you can do several searches in the challenge passage while energy is restoring.
    Level 117 just in time.

Quote Originally Posted by igotahavit View Post
    Lyn:

Epoch Grove, if my memory is correct, started on 6/9/2015. The first Billionaire Bandits occurred on 5/12/2015 (Mother's Day weekend). Only the following players achieved BB status prior to EG's inception: myself (5/12/2015 & 6/8/2015), Widget223 (5/12/2015), Dr. Tammy (5/12/2015), Jacinta (6/8/2015), Lachelle1277358009 (6/8/2015), TopCat24 (6/8/2015), Tassie Arianna (6/8/2015) and RosemaryL (6/8/2015).

Everyone since has had the opportunity to play EG. Although, in fairness, !+Gameholic+! and Kingston3243704 became BBs on 6/29/2015 (the third BB event opportunity) and I doubt that they used EG during their attempt as it was only available for 2 weeks at that point. There were 7 new BBs on 8/24/2015 (the fourth BB event opportunity) and, if I'm not mistaken, some or all of those entrants used EG in their pursuit of BB. So that was probably the first time EG was used to achieve the BB status.
    Excellent and thorough answer!
    Level 117

Intrepid Explorer
    some or all of those entrants used EG in their pursuit of BB. So that was probably the first time EG was used to achieve the BB status.
    Some of them
    I never played any bandit game in EG.
    AT free thanks to GOD...

Intrepid Explorer
    I have used the challenge passage in all of my bandit runs, but not much. I just complete the daily challenges there which over 3 days may involve up to 40 searches. The big advantage is that searches there do not cost energy, but the big disadvantage is that the scenes are selected at random. As a result I only average about 350000 per search and my searches there are worth maybe 14 million out of 1000 million in total. In contrast, in other sites I know well I can score 750000 average search. Hence doing a complete bandit run in the challenge passage would just take far too long.

The big advantage of the crisis passage (and a few other scenes in various places in SP) is that the objects are always in the same place. This makes it easy to learn where they will be and hence to obtain near perfect scores. You also get time seeds which count as extra relics, giving up you a maximum of 19 items per scene and allowing scores of almost 900000 with three level 10 saphires.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast