Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Secret Passages Hall of Fame, Significant Records and Noteworthy Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by Drumlyn View Post
    "additions, deletions or corrections to this list can be done by making a post to this thread detailing your proposed amendments."

Thanks, Igota for all this information. I just had my game transferred to a new IPad - quite painless. But "they" changed my game name from "Jazmin40???" to "Aldrum0". So, my forum name remains the same, "Drumlyn", just the event name has changed.
    Lyn:

Is it just "Aldrum0" or are there more numbers? Or is this your Gamecenter ID, as opposed to the PG Code name? The PG assigned code name was Jazmin40?????, and still should be if you transferred your game . . . I think. Either way, just clarify whether "Aldrum0" is a Gamecenter ID or a new PG assigned code name and I'll add it to the correct spot.
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Intrepid Explorer
    There are only 5 entries in the top ten searches with 19 relics, so here are my best 5 from this weekend, they do not beat those there already but fill up the spaces. All are from the lions head pub scene in EG. I know it looks like I am just posting the same screenshot over and over, but they are different really. I actually had 10 of the 881 and towards the end I was playing so fast that I missed a few.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  86.5 KB
Views: 593
Size:  86.7 KB
Views: 607
Size:  86.6 KB
Views: 607
Views: 587

Here's a couple for me from this weekend's activity. (17-relic search scores)

Attached Images Attached Images   

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

How do you get so high scores? Do you use 3 level 10 Blue or 3 level 10 pink? Or a combination? You can only use 3 at a time yeah?

Just the blues. They act like a shot of adrenalin, as well as giving aid they act as a sort of confidence boost as well. You have them in you can score higher so you do, most of the time. UD.
    edit.
    Having said that I remember sometime ago there was a discussion about popping a pink on ino the mix and if it helped. Sorry cannot remember the outcome.
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 01-19-16 at 12:45 AM.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Great scores....I want to get there, still crafting level 10's to help...thanks to you all for the inspiration.

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by igotahavit View Post
    Lyn:

Is it just "Aldrum0" or are there more numbers? Or is this your Gamecenter ID, as opposed to the PG Code name? The PG assigned code name was Jazmin40?????, and still should be if you transferred your game . . . I think. Either way, just clarify whether "Aldrum0" is a Gamecenter ID or a new PG assigned code name and I'll add it to the correct spot.
    Hi Igota, just saw this, I think...

When I transferred the game I was suddenly Aldrum0, Jazmin40???? ceased to exist. Now when I open the game it greets me with "Welcome! Aldrum0!" I think it's Game Center that is responsible. I'm still Drumlyn for the forum, but my event name is Aldrum0. I wish it were at least Eldrum0, as in "El Drumo", at least that looks vaguely Italian or Spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumlyn View Post
    Hi Igota, just saw this, I think...

When I transferred the game I was suddenly Aldrum0, Jazmin40???? ceased to exist. Now when I open the game it greets me with "Welcome! Aldrum0!" I think it's Game Center that is responsible. I'm still Drumlyn for the forum, but my event name is Aldrum0. I wish it were at least Eldrum0, as in "El Drumo", at least that looks vaguely Italian or Spanish.
    I did not want to sign in to Game Center so I am playing under the PG generated name. However, on my old iPad /old game I changed my GC name because it was very similar to someone else on the forum. It was fairly easy to do. But that was before all the GC problems that came with later iOS updates. If you want to give it a go, I copied the following instructions.:

Go to settings, click game center. Then, sign in with your Apple ID. Next, click Game Center profile and over there you can change your profile name.

Personally, I always found the drop down box " welcome, blah blah" a little annoying.

Hope it works for you if you try...

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post
    I did not want to sign in to Game Center so I am playing under the PG generated name. However, on my old iPad /old game I changed my GC name because it was very similar to someone else on the forum. It was fairly easy to do. But that was before all the GC problems that came with later iOS updates. If you want to give it a go, I copied the following instructions.:

Go to settings, click game center. Then, sign in with your Apple ID. Next, click Game Center profile and over there you can change your profile name.

Personally, I always found the drop down box " welcome, blah blah" a little annoying.

Hope it works for you if you try...
    Thanks, Salmo,

I really don't like that welcome back banner, nor the name. I'll give it a go.

I'd like my coffee record back please.

Views: 352
Size:  20.7 KB
    Game: SP v2.97
    Level 117 (+1 for 118)
    Device: iPhone 6 w/ iOS 9.2
    Support ID: LEY9UDE3FT

Day Realm 100% AT free
    Night Realm 100% AT free
    CoS 100% open
    EG 100% open

LVL 10 Sunstone, Emerald, Quartz, Garnet, 3x Aquamarine, 3x Diamond & 3x Sapphire

Hey PG how about 1 permanent point of energy on every 10th explorer level-up?

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Weekleyb2 View Post
    I'd like my coffee record back please.

Views: 352
Size:  20.7 KB
    As well you should. Impressive!

Just ventured here after a mention by Drummer in another thread. How do you read this bloody thing? If anything needs a manual this does.
    Whoops I take that back I dont want a lonnnnnng rundown by Gotsome explaining it. So my question is address to anyone but him.

Talking of Drummer. Did you get your GC sorted?
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    Just ventured here after a mention by Drummer in another thread. How do you read this bloody thing? If anything needs a manual this does.
    Whoops I take that back I dont want a lonnnnnng rundown by Gotsome explaining it. So my question is address to anyone but him.

Talking of Drummer. Did you get your GC sorted?
    Alas, alack, not yet, but tomorrow is another day.

It takes exactly two minutes so get on with it that small person cowering at the back.
    Seriously do you need a walk through?
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Intrepid Explorer
    Here are some more scores for the top ten list. This time all are 17 relics with no power ups. I slammed on the brakes when the midweeker was extended. They are all lions head pub as before and are all different searches even though some have the same score. They should fill the bottom 7 places.

Views: 334
Views: 339
Views: 329
Size:  86.4 KB
Views: 329
Size:  86.4 KB
Views: 336
Size:  86.9 KB
Views: 347
Size:  86.2 KB
Views: 331

Intrepid Explorer
    I'm wondering whether in the scene high scores top 10s we should limit each player to one position - for their best score, obviously. Or at least only one position per distinct scene. The reason being that in my attempts to beat my best scores I have equalled them several times. I never bothered to screenshot those (and they would look identical to the previous screenshot posted anyway!). Frankly, Tammy has almost certainly done the same and the entire top 10 should be her. Maybe that's how it should be, I don't know? Just a thought.

My best 17 items search has slipped through the cracks. I happened to notice a 19 item search from Hollow makes the grade too. Also, should we get rid of the 'with power ups' top 10, as previously discussed. There's scope for a 16 item top 10 to replace it if there's interest.
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by grave digger View Post
    I'm wondering whether in the scene high scores top 10s we should limit each player to one position - for their best score, obviously. Or at least only one position per distinct scene. The reason being that in my attempts to beat my best scores I have equalled them several times. I never bothered to screenshot those (and they would look identical to the previous screenshot posted anyway!). Frankly, Tammy has almost certainly done the same and the entire top 10 should be her. Maybe that's how it should be, I don't know? Just a thought.

My best 17 items search has slipped through the cracks. I happened to notice a 19 item search from Hollow makes the grade too. Also, should we get rid of the 'with power ups' top 10, as previously discussed. There's scope for a 16 item top 10 to replace it if there's interest.
    I agree about s****ping the with power ups options. There is also scope for an 18 relic top ten to replace them. I posted my screenshots not particularly to try to hog the top 10 but to try to spark some interest from other players in beating them. If that ever takes off I suspect you will see a range of names and scenes represented.

I did wonder if some of the reserved for future use pages might be to establish a best score (or top 3 etc) for every scene in SP. You could design a long term challenge around this, moving from one site to another each day. For example today's daily was search 5 scenes in Oxford so many players will have been getting high scores on those three sites. Tomorrow could then be search five scenes in Japan and so on. If people recorded high scores from these searches and posted them you would gradually establish a best score for each scene in SP.

I seem to have accidentally fallen foul of the PG obscenity filter. Apparent you cannot scr@p anything on this forum

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN32 View Post
    I did wonder if some of the reserved for future use pages might be to establish a best score (or top 3 etc) for every scene in SP. You could design a long term challenge around this, moving from one site to another each day. For example today's daily was search 5 scenes in Oxford so many players will have been getting high scores on those three sites. Tomorrow could then be search five scenes in Japan and so on. If people recorded high scores from these searches and posted them you would gradually establish a best score for each scene in SP.
    I like this idea. I can already hear the groans from some quarters though at the thought of another igota mega-table.
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

You guys are going to get me burned at the stake! LMAO. Oh well, how does everybody like their Gotta burgers, well done, medium or aristicratic rare? LOL.

Okay, let's do it. I like your suggestion too, Mike. Give me a couple of days to figure out a layout. In the interim, decide where we want to start (realm/region) or if we just want a "shotgun" approach. It doesn't matter to me.

GD:

Sorry, I blew that (those scores). I'll get them posted accordingly. Thanks. BTW - I agree in principal with what you said regarding Mike's multiple scores. However, in dealing with Mike, I know that it was his intention just to "round out" the top-10 in an effort to spark interest and get others to post scores. You are correct about the equalization of scores. My intent for that was, first come, first served. Meaning, if somebody equals another player's score, the first player's score remains higher ranked because they did it first. If a player has multiple scores in the top-10 (like Mike), as other players beat or match his lesser scores, they'll be replaced, but his highest score stands (until it is beaten or moved out of the top-10). Does that make sense? I think that's what you are referring too, at least that's what I was trying to communicate. Maybe you can word it better? And yes, except for her grace and magnanimousness, Dr. Tammy would have all of those top-10 scores - just like when you go to the arcade and you see all of those top-10 scores on PacMan and they all read "TAM" right down the screen. LOL.

GD:

Agreed on pulling the plug on the top-10 site score searches 19-relic using PUs. I think for fairness I'll wait like 3 days to see if there are any objectors with good reason, then it's killville.

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    Gotta, I prefer aristocratic rare.

That could be a fun Luse event...top scores in scenes. It could really drive people crazy if we document each sapphire use too,
    Ie: none used, 3 lvl 10's, 3 lvl 9's, a lvl 9, 8 and 10....

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    Gotta, I prefer aristocratic rare.

That could be a fun Luse event...top scores in scenes. It could really drive people crazy if we document each sapphire use too,
    Ie: none used, 3 lvl 10's, 3 lvl 9's, a lvl 9, 8 and 10....
    A Luse event is certainly a possibility. My first thought though was that PG could incorporate this within the game as they did for today's daily which involved searching any 5 scenes in Oxford. If that became standard and rotated through the locations it would make the whole thing semi official. For all I know, PG may even be able to keep track of the scores people achieve and automatically notify igota of the three best or even just insert them straight onto the leaderboard. That would save a lot of work. I suggest we wait for a comment from PGWilsoon on whether this is something they would be interested in or not.

If we do it ourselves I would definitely start at Oxford and move round each normal location in day realm each day. Oxford to Japan to Egypt... To Polynesia. Then I would do the premium dig sites in day realm, followed by the dune sites broken down into 3 or 4 each day. Then I would do the same with NR, CoS and EG in turn. This has the advantage that all players will be able to participate at least in the early stages.

The options of different sapphires (and Quartz) is interesting, but the number of combinations is astronomical and I suspect would defeat even igota. I think the only viable option is simply the highest score achieved without using any power ups.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I don't have any objections for incorporating this into a LUSE event. HOWEVER! The LUSE event is a joint production created by SE and Jimbo (as you know), so they would have to give their blessing on this first. Second, I don't think PG is going to want to have anything to do with this, just saying. I mean, they didn't even respond to my questions/issues (nor SE's thread of that nature) regarding the downward trend of the forum, let alone them doing a joint project like this. I'm willing to wait and see, but I think we'll have to do this on our own. It's a noble idea to want to involve PG, but I just don't see it happening.

I'll start thinking of some ways to put this together, while we wait for feedback. I do agree that we should start in DR, somewhere early due to the fact that it will give everyone an opportunity to play along.

Setting up an event for this in-game would actually take a bit of work, and might be blocked by the regular events that we have running throughout the week. However, if it's for a LUSE event, I might be able to look into how to pull the top scores per region if given a specific timeframe and rules. Jewel and power-up usage is something that I don't believe I'll be able to filter out however.

Okay, here's my suggestion or idea (as always, I have no pride of authorship, this is forum property, so go ahead and criticize, suggest, correct, amend, yada, yada, yada):

This event will be open to forumers. We'll run this event from Monday until Thursday, so it will only interfere with a mid-week event. Here's the concept. The first event/week we'll start with just England (British Isles Inn, Oxford Library, and Royal Castle). Everybody will have the aforementioned time span to produce their highest possible scores, without using power-ups (cameras, flashlights/torches, autofinds, freeze times, and magnifying glasses), for each of those 3 sites. You post your scores in a thread-to-be-created via screenshot. Screenshots are mandatory for qualification, no exceptions. Each player's highest score for each of those 3 sites will be combined to produce a final score. The players (including ties) with the 3 highest combined scores will be celebrated as, "Queen/King of England" in the HOF thread. In addition, the top 3 scores for each site will be recorded in the HOF thread and will stand until somebody supplants them.

We'll do this for each region in DR (except the red/ruby banner sites and premium regions) and see how it goes and then decide if we want to carry it over to the DR red/ruby banner sites, DR premium regions, and then NR. At the end of DR (if we make it that far), any player(s) earning the rank of "Queen/King" in 3 or more regions will be celebrated in a special "Emperor's Club."

Now, as with things of this nature there are always problems and limitations. First, players who don't have 3 L10 Sapphires will be at a severe disadvantage. I do not know what to do for those players and I certainly feel bad that they'd be handicapped. Suggestions??? Second, if we do move forward with this concept, hopefully we don't progress to the point where some players haven't reached certain regions. I guess we'll cross that bridge if we get there??? Thirdly, I'm not sure if the top-3 (and ties) is too many or too few positions?? We may have to adjust this up or down based on final results, but I started with 3 with the thinking that it's easier to start with too few and add at the end, rather than too many and have to strip players of their finish at the end. Thoughts???

Think about this and let me know if this sounds good or if it's not what we were looking for. Again, I'm thicked-skinned so hack and hammer away until "WE" arrive at what "WE" want.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast