Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unimaginatie quests

Unimaginatie quests

Today my daily quest asks for searching 17 scenes in Italy. And my multi day quest in part 2 asks for 11 searches of Royal Bedchamber. It was bad enough when the quest called for searching 10 times in a chapter or in Versailles or in Mummy. But what is the value to the game of searching a single scene 11 or 17 times? I have done all the earlier quests that I could do - just to get the film rolls. The quests so far are the reason I got enough film rolls to develop some dark rooms. But today it just is not worth the energy. So disappointed.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

I was just coming to post the same thing.

For the sake of a handful of FRs I would have to stop doing anything else in the game except the quests. I had started staggering them, so that I might be able to do the searching for 2 quests at the same time, but that doesn't work when they are in different regions--obviously. I still have a bunch of searches left over from yesterday in England, but today's Daily is 17 in Italy! If I had enough diamonds I would just skip, but I don't.

These quests are counterproductive, especially early in the game. We need to be doing searches/trades that will yield high coin values, and all these searches give us lower trades, assuming the clues are asked to trade. And I have 50 clues sitting at the front of the tray for each of these old regions now. Or I'm getting no clues because I've reached the limit.

So I think it's time to start ignoring quests. At least if they are going to continue like this.
    Secret Passages
    Device: iPad2 w/ iOS 7.1.1
    SP v2.24-363,0 Prod Level 117 / Support ID: AYLR7TJHZZ (Game is Broken)

Hidden Agendas
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 w/ KitKat 4.4.2
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryL View Post
    Today my daily quest asks for searching 17 scenes in Italy. And my multi day quest in part 2 asks for 11 searches of Royal Bedchamber. It was bad enough when the quest called for searching 10 times in a chapter or in Versailles or in Mummy. But what is the value to the game of searching a single scene 11 or 17 times? I have done all the earlier quests that I could do - just to get the film rolls. The quests so far are the reason I got enough film rolls to develop some dark rooms. But today it just is not worth the energy. So disappointed.
    I fully agree. it has taken me all day to do the 17 Italian searches, boring or what. Now I have to start 11 bedchambers.

I'm not doing these! Unless someone can tell me if part 3 is worth some diamonds!

I guess if I had bedchamber at 5*, I would eventually be able to trade all the clues. But given that I am at 3* (and delighted to have got that far) and I'm getting few diamond trades, it just doesn't make sense.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done

Intrepid Explorer
    I guess if I had bedchamber at 5*, I would eventually be able to trade all the clues. But given that I am at 3* (and delighted to have got that far) and I'm getting few diamond trades, it just doesn't make sense.
    Very true. At least I had canals of Venice at 5* so I searched that 17 times and maxed out the relic.

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    I completely agree.

However, I thought I'd do them because at this point I have stopped all progress to slowly up grade DR's and only trade to sometimes get diamond trades.

The 11 searches won't finish until late this evening or tomorrow. I'll let you know if it's worth trying to sneak it in.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeN32 View Post
    Very true. At least I had canals of Venice at 5* so I searched that 17 times and maxed out the relic.
    And then you need to weigh whether or not the reward is enough compensation for wasting energy searching a scene that's no longer offering up clues to trade.
    Secret Passages

Hidden Agendas
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

Intrepid Explorer
    TM

Part Three:

Search Versailles Garden 8 times
    Search any scene in Versailles
    Get 250,000 score in Versailles

Reward:

10 Diamonds 7 Film Rolls 1 Tea

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    Thanks Cyber. I still have 7 more bedchamber searches

Intrepid Explorer
    and today we have no new quests at all! maybe yesterdays were made especially long to cover Christmas day as well.

Mike - did you finish the multi-day yesterday? I didn't do the quests and have been wondering whether that's why I didn't get any new ones. But if you did the quests and didn't get any new quests, then it's not just me.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done

Longtime Tapper Primitive Caveman's Avatar
    I'm definitely more picky about which quests I do in this game. I've been doing quite a few, but searching a scene 17 times.... I'd only maybe do it if I'd upgraded Scotland all the way. Which I haven't.

Now I can get a fair amount of FRs from the Clubhouse anyway. And was lucky enough to scoop around 80 diamonds on one go. Pure luck!

Well, this is a let down. I've been expecting a nice quest today. And... nothing.

Rose, I've been staggering my quests--if I do them at all--so that I can pile all of those absurd search Italy(insert whatever Chapter) x times a day, on top of each other.

It would be interesting to see if Mike finished his though. I really have a hard time believing that lack of a quest today is deliberate.
    Secret Passages

Hidden Agendas

Intrepid Explorer
    Mike - did you finish the multi-day yesterday? I didn't do the quests and have been wondering whether that's why I didn't get any new ones. But if you did the quests and didn't get any new quests, then it's not just me.
    Yes I finished yesterdays before todays would have been delivered.

Well I'm loaded up on regular clues and am stopped by ATs on my timed trades, so I decided to go ahead and search the Royal Bedchamber 11 times. And now I'm spending my energy in Versailles Garden for the same reason. In 6 hours I'll have finished searching VG and claiming the reward and still stock up on some more regular clues in hopes of getting a few more diamond trades. But at least I have had 5 diamond trades for 118 diamonds. Hope we get more fun quests tomorrow.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done

No new quests today either.

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Topmom52 View Post
    No new quests today either.
    No it appears detectives do not work over Christmas

Today the same, no Quests

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by holler5 View Post
    Today the same, no Quests
    Detectives do not work on Sunday either😀

And tomorrow is a public holiday😀😀

Tomorrow is not a public holiday in the US....
    Farewell, everyone.

I wish you good fortune in the game.

Even more than that, I wish you joy and well being in the real world.

Y

Huh. I was just coming here to ask that. It is one here in Canada too, so I was wondering if we'd have to wait until Tuesday to get things running again.

Assuming we were to be getting quests, I wonder how they will deal with this. Obviously I would like to get all the rewards, but I have a fear of them piling all the quests on top of each other for the next few days. Who wants to have to search somewhere in England or Italy 17 times x 2!? Not me!
    Secret Passages

Hidden Agendas

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pietrpahn View Post
    Tomorrow is not a public holiday in the US....
    But is in Scotland where all the game characters are at present Boxing day is a UK holiday, since it was on a Saturday this year, we get tomorrow as a holiday.

Perhaps I should not have complained about the unimaginative quests?
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    So you complain when you do have them and you complain when you don't.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast