Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Content Update: Voyager's Clubhouse and Notre Dame!

Employee

Content Update: Voyager's Clubhouse and Notre Dame!

We're delighted to announce the Voyager's Clubhouse is now fully armed and operational!

The next time you log in, you should meet Constable Warren, whose investigations need a reporter to dig up some new leads. The Clubhouse itself is located left of Chapter 1, and the Notre Dame memento is in the tray below it.

In the Clubhouse, you can interview the various Voyagers; each might have a lead on the case, a useful piece of information... or they might call the bouncer to get Kate thrown out! Interview as many as you dare, but make sure you leave before the bouncer shows up to keep your prizes!

Notre Dame is the first case Warren needs help with; once it's closed, we have some holiday scenes coming up. We've been working on this feature for a while, so we hope you enjoy it!

43 keys. I lost one item after the app froze, the next ten came fast (even 4 at once), but finding the final one was difficult. Hope there won't be another release before the next book is available, searching keys at London is impossible because there are too many evidences.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    43 keys. I lost one item after the app froze, the next ten came fast (even 4 at once), but finding the final one was difficult. Hope there won't be another release before the next book is available, searching keys at London is impossible because there are too many evidences.
    Much quicker for me, I only had 18 keys and used about 10 of them to get the 10 Windows required. This is essentially equivalent to the dune sites and crypt in SP with the exception that if you hit the equivalent of a mummy in the crypt, you loose everything you have won. Notre Dame then is the first dune site and upgrades with diamonds.

It would have been a maximum of ten either, finding number 11 was the expensive part. Therefore I found some tea and FRs. Simply hope for a book. If there is none before the next site arrives, I won't be able to open it unless I use diamonds. This and the pricing at Scotland aren't funny.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    One of the reasons why I never rushed upgrading my scenes and unlocking everything even though I can. I wanted to have the option to use my film rolls completing requirements whilst completing other tasks.

I only needed 15 keys and won about over 200 diamonds that I counted.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

So this is like the Gift Shop in NatM? Where the Monkey would steal everything if you landed on him?

I have less than 10 keys so I'll likely hold off on playing this.
    Secret Passages
    Device: iPad2 w/ iOS 7.1.1
    SP v2.24-363,0 Prod Level 117 / Support ID: AYLR7TJHZZ (Game is Broken)

Hidden Agendas
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 w/ KitKat 4.4.2
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

I still have 500 FRs, under normal conditions, keeping them and getting ats would be a bad deal. A bug such as the evidences is nothing I expect.

So this is like the Gift Shop in NatM? Where the Monkey would steal everything if you landed on him?

I have about 10 keys so I'll likely hold off on playing this.
    Secret Passages

Hidden Agendas
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

ElleJ - exactly like the Gift shop, just substitute monkey with bouncer. the pricing to buy him off seems the same too.

Gah! I ran out of keys with 2 windows to go and now I have an AT for whatever the clue is for Notre Dame.....
    Last edited by Pietrpahn; 12-18-15 at 01:59 PM.
    Farewell, everyone.

I wish you good fortune in the game.

Even more than that, I wish you joy and well being in the real world.

Y

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    It would have been a maximum of ten either, finding number 11 was the expensive part. Therefore I found some tea and FRs. Simply hope for a book. If there is none before the next site arrives, I won't be able to open it unless I use diamonds. This and the pricing at Scotland aren't funny.
    I don't think pricing in Scotland is that bad. Its the upgrade times...

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

I can't afford the upgrades, if I have to collect several months for one, I don't care about waiting four days or paying 100 diamonds. If there isn't a change, my sites will stay at one star, this doesn't affect the game. It's just rediciulous.

The whole feature seems occasionally quite laggy for me. I can get a second or two of delay between tapping and the action (both things like play again/escape, but mostly on the guests in the pub), while most of the time the actions are instant.

Also, what a horrible idea to have the "claim prizes" button in the exact same spot as the "continue" button, and put a ridiculous pricing on it and no confirm. So, you get the red fail chat bubble, still have the claim button, so you tap fast to see if it might work, but instead it triggers the "pay 200 diamonds to keep your 5 coins" button that isn't even visible yet...

On ui: I think the button layout makes me press leave as a reflex rather than "start playing", not sure if it's the colouring or the position in the same spot as "escape button" which is the pretty much default on the previous page. Most of the time I do want to play again, so a redisign to make that the natural action would be a an improvement. How about an option to "escape and try again" in addition to "escape" and "continue" on the bouncer screen? Given how many times this will be repeated, that would save a lot of taps. Same reasoning on the claim prizes screen, give me a "try again" direct link so I don't have to go out and mistap the leave/start playing buttons again.
    Last edited by Smygelfh; 12-18-15 at 02:21 PM.

In addition to that it switches too slowly, the features design is great and matches to the story, but honestly I think even if the prices aren't too bad (1 FR means 1 Key), it's causing more frustration than anything else for many players.

Quote Originally Posted by Smygelfh View Post
    The whole feature seems occasionally quite laggy for me. I can get a second or two of delay between tapping and the action (both things like play again/escape, but mostly on the guests in the pub), while most of the time the actions are instant.

Same for me. Very slow reaction time.

Yes, I did use up my keys to test it out. It's a Gift Shop ditto. Like Pie said, even the costs are set up the same way.
    Secret Passages

Hidden Agendas

The Leave and Escape buttons don't work and I don't have 200 diamonds. Do I have to crash the app to get out?
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryL View Post
    The Leave and Escape buttons don't work and I don't have 200 diamonds. Do I have to crash the app to get out?
    That happened to me on one occasion and yes all I could do was crash the app and restart. it did not happen again.

Not having stayed with NatM long enough to see monkeys, I have no idea what the objective is with this new feature. I do understand that I use my keys (which I found in dark rooms) to interview people in the Clubhouse. Some of them will give me something, others will call the bouncer and then I'm toast. So here's some possibly dumb questions - do I get different somethings or are they all the same something? How many somethings do I need to get? How will I know when I have enough? Given that both the Leave and Escape buttons do not work, how do I get out of the Clubhouse with my somethings intact? In fact how do I get out without crashing the app?
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done

Each time you tap on a person, you get a reward, they accumulate until you accept them or one person doesn't offer one. If this happens, you can move on for diamonds (the more tries you had, the more it costs) - and get the chance to accept the rewards or play on again - or quit and loose the reward you got during this round. You need to collect 10 items (one person can give you more than one) to complete the site. Every round takes 1 key.

Thanks for the clarification.

I decided to have another go at it. So I paid my key and entered and immediately got bounced but I could continue for 0 diamonds, so I did. And then tapping on people was futile - nothing happened. No way to exit. Had to crash the app. On restart, I see that I did indeed lose the key I paid to enter. OK - one of the definitions of insanity is doing the same action and expecting a different result. But I tried again and once again I am hung. So I crashed the app again and now I am down one more key. Any ideas? Is my Clubhouse broken?
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done

This happened to me twice, the displaced blue hand appeared on the bottom of the scene, once I lost a clue that way - finding #11 took at least 30 keys. I surely found some tea and FRs, but I'm not happy.

At first I thought this was caused by my device, but the next tries worked fine, I think that's an issue.

Same here first or second time didnt work, had to crash the app but suddenly it fixed and worked fine

I tried twice more today - still freezes. That makes 5 freezes for me, so I submitted a problem ticket. But I did learn that tapping the home button (the little house icon) does get me out of the Clubhouse without having to crash the app.

Another thought/question: once you have successfully searched Notre Dame, do you get a clue which can be used in the newsroom?
    Last edited by RosemaryL; 12-19-15 at 08:16 AM.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done

Another thought/question: once you have successfully searched Notre Dame, do you get a clue which can be used in the newsroom?
    Yes. This feature is like the Dunes/Crypt in SP, but more like the Gift Shop in NatM.

Keys are like tokens.
    Secret Passages

Hidden Agendas

I tried twice more today - still freezes. That makes 5 freezes for me, so I submitted a problem ticket. But I did learn that tapping the home button (the little house icon) does get me out of the Clubhouse without having to crash the app
    I've lost 4 keys without getting a single item. Each time I visit, tapping on people doesn't give any response. When I log out, I find I've lost that key as well. Did you get any response to your ticket? Do you think I should submit one or just wait till it's sorted out?

- - - Updated - - -

I tried twice more today - still freezes. That makes 5 freezes for me, so I submitted a problem ticket. But I did learn that tapping the home button (the little house icon) does get me out of the Clubhouse without having to crash the app
    I've lost 4 keys without getting a single item. Each time I visit, tapping on people doesn't give any response. When I log out, I find I've lost that key as well. Did you get any response to your ticket? Do you think I should submit one or just wait till it's sorted out?
    If roses are red and violets are blue....

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    There's a significant delay from the time you tap on someone until the game responds. I've counted up to 4/5 seconds. It doesn't happen all the time for me, but it does happen. Are you giving that much time before logging out?

Tickets will take anywhere up to a few days for a response, and they are only dealt with during regular working hours. Monday to Friday Pacific time. Not weekends or US holidays.
    Secret Passages

Hidden Agendas

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast