Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 78

Thread: Version Update: 1.23

  1. #26
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    Posts
    1,484
    So, the "fix" sent me back to before...the only diamond trades I am getting are for AT's of premium regions I haven't opened yet.

    Thanks PG...my shelves look just like they used to: 1 untimed coin trade and 3 diamond AT trades

  2. #27
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Viņa del Mar, Chile
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN32 View Post
    exactly the same for me, no diamond trades on the untimed shelf, just coins
    +1 damn upgrade always the same HA no fun just suffering

  3. #28
    Intrepid Explorer ElleJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Hi Elle,
    Just a thought to re-fill the shelves with a trade, without selling from the untimed. Worked for me many times to exit game and restart. Since it starts quickly, worth a try.
    Yeah. I've been dealing with shelf issues since the beginning of time and know the tricks, I just couldn't be bothered to go through all the craziness we had to employ in SP. If a trade will do it, I'll do a trade.

    For those that don't have untimed trades anymore, did you all do the official upgrade first and then get the "Fix?" I'm wondering why I'm getting them--and yes, I want them! I didn't do the upgrade, so I'm wondering if that's the cause.
    Device: iPad2 w/ iOS 7.1.1
    SP v2.24-363,0 Prod Level 117 / Support ID: AYLR7TJHZZ (Game is Broken)

    Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 w/ KitKat 4.4.2
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

  4. #29
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,158
    Upgrade, you lose the (current) untimed diamond trades. Don't and you don't. I'm sure I have mentioned it several times. It would be churlish to say I told you so. So I definitely won't be doing that!
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

  5. #30
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Viņa del Mar, Chile
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleJ View Post
    Yeah. I've been dealing with shelf issues since the beginning of time and know the tricks, I just couldn't be bothered to go through all the craziness we had to employ in SP. If a trade will do it, I'll do a trade.

    For those that don't have untimed trades anymore, did you all do the official upgrade first and then get the "Fix?" I'm wondering why I'm getting them--and yes, I want them! I didn't do the upgrade, so I'm wondering if that's the cause.
    Yes the upgrade, yes the "fix" = no more DT untimed shelf and AT's on timed DONT UPGRADE if you want to enjoy ur game

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ElleJ View Post
    Yeah. I've been dealing with shelf issues since the beginning of time and know the tricks, I just couldn't be bothered to go through all the craziness we had to employ in SP. If a trade will do it, I'll do a trade.

    For those that don't have untimed trades anymore, did you all do the official upgrade first and then get the "Fix?" I'm wondering why I'm getting them--and yes, I want them! I didn't do the upgrade, so I'm wondering if that's the cause.
    Yes the upgrade, yes the "fix" = no more DT untimed shelf and AT's on timed DONT UPGRADE if you want to enjoy ur game

  6. #31
    Might As Well Work Here Kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,688
    I didn't get a single diamond trade today - finally being able to trade coins is alright, but there needs to be a reasonable balance - and in addition to that the "fix" did almost stop the timed trades completely. No, I can't trigger them.

    Guess I'm done with the game.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

  7. #32
    Employee
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    46
    I may not have been clear, sorry!

    With version 1.23, we tried a fix (FIX #1) that would eliminate issues that a lot of you had complained about before: empty shelves or no available trades, especially in the early- and mid-game (PROBLEM #1).

    FIX #1 seemed to help in most cases, but it had a terrible side effect: it added NEW empty shelves to players who had previously had 4 trades. In some cases, players had four empty shelves, and couldn't even make coin trades! (PROBLEM #2).

    Because of this we tried a different fix (FIX #2)--that's what rolled out last night. We now think that PROBLEM #1 and PROBLEM #2 are solved for most players most of the time: that means that you should only rarely have an empty shelf, and you should always have at least one coin trade that you can complete.


    Now, folks have been complaining about other problems, as well: a lack of diamond trades compared to SP (PROBLEM #3), and ATs that can't be completed (PROBLEM #4). We've heard you, and are working on fixes for those issues as well! We're trying to only meddle with one part of the trade system at a time because it's so easy to break something accidentally.

  8. #33
    Might As Well Work Here Kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,688
    At least my trades worked fine before the update, 1 empty shelf was quite common, but that was alright, now it's 3 and one that asks for low coin trades. Now more and more people aren't happy about their trades for various reasons. Would it be possible to revert the feature to an earlier state? I don't know if many tickets were submitted because of empty shelves lately, but according to the forum, the trades worked - except of minor issues or a frustrating amount of ats.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

  9. #34
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    I didn't get a single diamond trade today - finally being able to trade coins is alright, but there needs to be a reasonable balance - and in addition to that the "fix" did almost stop the timed trades completely. No, I can't trigger them.

    Guess I'm done with the game.
    How many times do you say that????


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  10. #35
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    I may not have been clear, sorry!

    With version 1.23, we tried a fix (FIX #1) that would eliminate issues that a lot of you had complained about before: empty shelves or no available trades, especially in the early- and mid-game (PROBLEM #1).

    FIX #1 seemed to help in most cases, but it had a terrible side effect: it added NEW empty shelves to players who had previously had 4 trades. In some cases, players had four empty shelves, and couldn't even make coin trades! (PROBLEM #2).

    Because of this we tried a different fix (FIX #2)--that's what rolled out last night. We now think that PROBLEM #1 and PROBLEM #2 are solved for most players most of the time: that means that you should only rarely have an empty shelf, and you should always have at least one coin trade that you can complete.


    Now, folks have been complaining about other problems, as well: a lack of diamond trades compared to SP (PROBLEM #3), and ATs that can't be completed (PROBLEM #4). We've heard you, and are working on fixes for those issues as well! We're trying to only meddle with one part of the trade system at a time because it's so easy to break something accidentally.
    The problem you have Lucid is not just that the update did not anticipate those at a certain level. Its whats hidden and surfaced within certain games from the update.

    I don't think the issue (from the update) is that widespread, I also don't think you have the full picture of the problem with the shelves. I don't say that because you don't know what you doing but because the flow of information is somewhat restricted by the number of users of the forum. Not enough!!

    Thanks for the sorry, but personally I didn't think it was required.


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  11. #36
    Might As Well Work Here Kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,688
    I learnt to delete them as soon as a severe issue occurs, obviously each fix makes it worse and I won't wait until the next game is broken. This happened too often. I've completed the game anyway, so there's no reason to keep it.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

  12. #37
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    I learnt to delete them as soon as a severe issue occurs, obviously each fix makes it worse and I won't wait until the next game is broken. This happened too often. I've completed the game anyway, so there's no reason to keep it.
    But the game is not finished hun.


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  13. #38
    Might As Well Work Here Kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,688
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    But the game is not finished hun.
    It is. At least if I regard it as a challenge. The only thing that was left was storing energy. Even if it was, I accumulated too many things already.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    But the game is not finished hun.
    Indeed it is not! I'll use a holiday analogy here, since they're just around the corner: A gift takes a lot longer to wrap than it does to un-wrap! We're really excited to see how much of the game players have been able to unlock, and are working really hard to release more great features for everyone to experience. That said, smoothing out the wrinkles to make gameplay look and feel fun is a top priority. Don't forget, your feedback really helps us get a good grasp on the issues!

  15. #40
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    So, the "fix" sent me back to before...the only diamond trades I am getting are for AT's of premium regions I haven't opened yet.

    Thanks PG...my shelves look just like they used to: 1 untimed coin trade and 3 diamond AT trades
    It took 6 search sessions, but I am now back to my new diamond trade situation. I can usually trade for about 100-150 a day. Once I get over 1000, I will upgrade regular dark rooms but always save 320 diamonds so that I can open the latest premium area once I have enough film rolls.

    By the way PG, since I started my new strategy (relics from all dr's and last 10 regular sites in backpack). I have had one empty "edition". It's doesn't bother me, but just thought you should know. It was not fixed with the update or fix.

  16. #41
    Sorority Superstar RosemaryL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Midwest US
    Posts
    2,784
    Today I had one diamond trade - an AT for 25 diamonds, but it took an investment of 140 diamonds to get it. No diamond trades do-able with only a search. In the past 14 days, I've earned only 322 diamonds from trades (that's an average of 23 a day). I did invest another 30 or 40 FRs this evening and now have one more of the hats for Shipwrecked. I saw 2 others but did not pick the right development tray. Is it this hard for others to develop the dark rooms?

    I'm glad there is a quest this evening because otherwise I'm not having much fun with this game. That quest did give me a few more FRs, but the ones I used in the quest generated more coins than anything else. I already have 3.1 million coins, but I'm not going to advance until I get all the DRs in and before Chapter 7 open and upgraded - which means I may be here a very long time. Guess that means I may enjoy the Christmas present around Easter.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

  17. #42
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,490
    Today has been a complete mess.

    I got the new region (Scotland) this morning, but all the plot text was blank, just placeholders.

    I also got a one day quest (search darkroom 20 times for 7 films reward!) with just 59 minutes left to run, then a whole mix of overlapping timed quests.

    I still have no diamond trades since the update and regularly have 1 or 2 blank shelves.

    Overall this upgrade was a definite downgrade and has made the game almost unplayable for me.

  18. #43
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,158
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    How many times do you say that????
    Oh, it's a lot. I think it's supposed to be a 'threat'? She must never have been exposed to Aesop's Fable The Boy Who Cried Wolf as a child .
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

  19. #44
    Might As Well Work Here Kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,688
    Quote Originally Posted by grave digger View Post
    Oh, it's a lot. I think it's supposed to be a 'threat'? She must never have been exposed to Aesop's Fable The Boy Who Cried Wolf as a child .
    And? Did I delete pc, ph, av and sp?! I think it's helpful to explain why I (representing others who are in the same situation) quit the game or loose interest. I won't stockpile resources, wonder about repeating issues and wait until the game gets corrupted.

    Such a game should run and if I learnt one thing is that deleting a game early is the best I can do. Tell me a good argument why I should enjoy this game and keep it instead of doing something else.

    Tried 26: all timed trades can still vanish, but they renew. Also some diamond trades are available. Scotland seems to generate really low trades.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

  20. #45

  21. #46
    Might As Well Work Here Kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,688
    Yep, and I'm also hoarding more resources than I ever need - that's why I'm playing nonstop during weekends and restart games because I love them so much.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

  22. #47
    Intrepid Explorer ElleJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,477
    Well, even though I started this thread because I did NOT want to upgrade, it seems that while I escaped the mess of the upgrade and the fix, I still managed to get upgraded last night, seemingly via the content push. That's the only thing that makes sense--that actually makes no sense.

    Posted about it HERE and HERE.

    *Walks away singing "99 little bugs in the code ... 127 bugs..."*
    Device: iPad2 w/ iOS 7.1.1
    SP v2.24-363,0 Prod Level 117 / Support ID: AYLR7TJHZZ (Game is Broken)

    Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 w/ KitKat 4.4.2
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

  23. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN32 View Post
    Today has been a complete mess.

    I got the new region (Scotland) this morning, but all the plot text was blank, just placeholders.

    I also got a one day quest (search darkroom 20 times for 7 films reward!) with just 59 minutes left to run, then a whole mix of overlapping timed quests.

    I still have no diamond trades since the update and regularly have 1 or 2 blank shelves.

    Overall this upgrade was a definite downgrade and has made the game almost unplayable for me.
    Hey All,

    The team is working to troubleshoot this issue as we speak. Preliminary knowledge is showing that content was released a bit early, which is why some folks are seeing placeholders for narrative and no "breadcrumb" quests.

    We recommend NOT progressing through the new region while we work on a resolution for this.

    We'll be providing updates as developments come through. Sorry for any confusion brought on by this! We really appreciate your help with this!

  24. #49
    Might As Well Work Here Kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,688
    Thanks for the update, I sent James a PM concerning the trades. Seems to me as if it takes a while after each fix until they are generated properly, mine got much better after a while, now they are mixed and normally 2 timed shelves renew and I can also force trades on the other(s).

    I have proceeded, so far I all I can see is a weird pricing and payout for the coin-based site and some meaningless graphical issue and a great pricing for the darkroom.

    Currently crashes are a problem as well, but this can also be at my side - have to reboot the device.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

  25. #50
    Update on the situation:

    We've released a fix to re-lock the new region for players who have not yet accessed it, as it was released a bit too early.

    The team is now expediting the narrative in this region to provide players who have unlocked this region with the appropriate unlock costs and narrative.

    We recommend NOT progressing through the region until these fixes are in if you do not want to miss narrative.

    For players who have progressed through the region, I'll be posting screenshots of the missing narrative in the Spoilers and Clues sub-forums later on after the fixes have gone through.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •