Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Version Update: 1.23

Version Update: 1.23

Has anyone updated? I'm afraid to. I haven't opened WW yet and my trades from Shipwrecked are still smokin' hot.
    Secret Passages
    Device: iPad2 w/ iOS 7.1.1
    SP v2.24-363,0 Prod Level 117 / Support ID: AYLR7TJHZZ (Game is Broken)

Hidden Agendas
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 w/ KitKat 4.4.2
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

Quote Originally Posted by ElleJ View Post
    Has anyone updated? I'm afraid to. I haven't opened WW yet and my trades from Shipwrecked are still smokin' hot.
    That's two of us, Elle. Waiting for someone brave!
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0
    Support ID: AOW37XJAVU
    Event ID: Ariana1619182694

I have, all seems to work ok and also doubled my diamond trades from two (ever) to four.

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    I updated also. My diamond trades increased as well. Although this may be a strategy implementation.

I updated, wish I hadn't! One constantly empty shelf and no diamond trades on untimed shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by Topmom52 View Post
    I updated, wish I hadn't! One constantly empty shelf and no diamond trades on untimed shelf!
    I can only second this observation, according tho the fix-report, the trades were improved. Before the update, I did usually miss one that renewed after another trade or after reopening the app. Now I'm constantly missing 2.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

Employee
    Hello, all! I'm happy that some folks are seeing better trades, and very sad to be hearing about empty shelves. This is my top priority!

Short version:
    We'll roll back the changes today, because they're blocking some people entirely; I expect to have a fix in before 5:00 Pacific time today. We'll work on the changes some more version with the best of both worlds as soon as we can.

Long version:
    Trades are very complex; rather than telling the game exactly which trades to show, we get to give suggestions and the system does whatever it wants. In our tests, the new values were reliably giving more available trades and diamond trades to players for most of the game; my guess is that it breaks down for our highest-level players.
    1.23 has a number of other quality-of-life fixes that I think you'll appreciate; fewer pop-ups, fixing some bugs that make it hard to tap on items or make taps "fall through" dialog. Let me know if you see any issues except those around trades!

Thanks Lucid!

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    Hello, all! I'm happy that some folks are seeing better trades, and very sad to be hearing about empty shelves. This is my top priority!

Short version:
    We'll roll back the changes today, because they're blocking some people entirely; I expect to have a fix in before 5:00 Pacific time today. We'll work on the changes some more version with the best of both worlds as soon as we can.

Long version:
    Trades are very complex; rather than telling the game exactly which trades to show, we get to give suggestions and the system does whatever it wants. In our tests, the new values were reliably giving more available trades and diamond trades to players for most of the game; my guess is that it breaks down for our highest-level players.
    1.23 has a number of other quality-of-life fixes that I think you'll appreciate; fewer pop-ups, fixing some bugs that make it hard to tap on items or make taps "fall through" dialog. Let me know if you see any issues except those around trades!
    Thanks

I have a idea
    Last edited by darkangel; 12-09-15 at 12:59 PM.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Thanks lucid, btw. I saw some minor changes, good job. I'm exited which quests etc. the update contsins and I'm sure you (and the team) will make the trades run perfectly one day.

Yes, there seems to be a problem with the trades balance, I'd even say this was improved, but somehow the fix must have caused a higher rate of empty shelves. Currently a high level player wouldn't be able to complete a coin update to 5* until the next chapter is available, and only being able to trade diamonds on all shelves sounds great, but will cause problems (boredom, but also frustration if it's impossible to start a coin-based upgrade for example) for the player and a huge advantage if there is any competition in the future.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

I've got an empty shelf I never had before but have had more doable diamond trades today than I've had in the last week combined. Thumbs up from me
    TPC - Level 90 Mrs Ripple, Officer of the Darkwings
    TPC - Level 84 Raiding Queen, Leader of the Darkraiders PM me if you want to join us or email thedarkraiders@mail.com

Support IDs: 9NQY72WE47 and 6R0HQ92TQC

Thanks everyone! Lucid, that's awesome that you guys are going to fix the fix.

I'll wait until upgrading, as my shelves are only a bit sticky and I don't want them worse than they are.

ETA:

It's bad enough we--at least I do--still get the instructions in the DR. Now every time I opened my game today I got this:

Name:  2015-12-09 18.39.15.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  97.7 KB

And I haven't updated. This just started without the update.
    Last edited by ElleJ; 12-09-15 at 04:42 PM.
    Secret Passages

Hidden Agendas
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

Employee
    ElleJ: That popup should appear just once per user. I swear it was set up that way from the beginning, but I've now double-checked, re-saved it, and is working correctly on my iPad.

(Background: We were showing that popup to some new players to see if it helped them understand where film rolls come from and where they're used. It got a strong response, so we pushed it live to everybody. Unfortunately, we don't have an easy way to tell who's already seen it, so all our veteran players got a film roll reminder, too.
    Again, I think it's fixed now, so you'll see it one more time at most.)

I still got the instructional pop up a few minutes ago ( for the fifth time today). I'm also in the group with one empty trade. And I still don't get doable diamond trades, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarklady View Post
    I still got the instructional pop up a few minutes ago ( for the fifth time today). I'm also in the group with one empty trade. And I still don't get doable diamond trades, ever.
    This is me too. Except I was getting some good diamond trades before the update, especially the untimed shelf. This is still not fixed.

Employee
    The fix is being QA'd RIGHT NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    ElleJ: That popup should appear just once per user. I swear it was set up that way from the beginning, but I've now double-checked, re-saved it, and is working correctly on my iPad.

(Background: We were showing that popup to some new players to see if it helped them understand where film rolls come from and where they're used. It got a strong response, so we pushed it live to everybody. Unfortunately, we don't have an easy way to tell who's already seen it, so all our veteran players got a film roll reminder, too.
    Again, I think it's fixed now, so you'll see it one more time at most.)
    Thank you! I've now seen it 4 times today. And thanks for the explanation as to why it suddenly appeared months into my game.
    Secret Passages

Hidden Agendas

I also got the popup - but I figured it was because I've been saving my FRs for several days - hoping to get enough of them to finish Shipwrecked. I would be sooooooooooo happy to get some diamond trades!
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

No more diamond trade on the un timed shelves, it was a nice week been able to advance in the game, back to reality

Employee
    Okay!

The fix is pushed live to everybody*. We think that we've fixed the new empty shelves that people were seeing, but that we've also kept some of the fixes, especially for players in Italy and Egypt.
    We've tested with both early-game states and some late-game states from people who had ticketed in about empty shelves. So, nothing can possibly go wrong.

That is to say, if you're still having issues by tomorrow morning, please submit a ticket, PM me, or post!

Again, my apologies that some folks were stuck without trades today.

*You'll need to close and re-open the game to get the fix. Some people have reported that the fix doesn't "arrive" for them for a few hours. You'll know if you have the fix if you see "1.23-26" at the top of your options menu in the game.

Ok seems to be fixed now, as no popup and no empty shelf. All 3 timed are ATs though. Traded over 10 times on untimed shelf with no diamond trades showing up. Never had to do that many before. Did you remove diamond trades from the untimed shelf? Thanks

Are we supposed to be having more diamond trades now? I've just done 4 searches and 4 or 5 trades (coins). Now I have 2 shelves with ATs and 2 with coin trades. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.
    Last edited by RosemaryL; 12-09-15 at 08:59 PM.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

Unbelievable. Exactly what I was trying to avoid. Right away I'm getting an AT for WW, despite that fact that I haven't even attempted to open Chapter 8. That's the first time I've been asked for a trade there.

I'm still getting untimed and timed trades from Shipwrecked. Five in a row just now on untimed. So I won't complain too loud about the upgrade that I didn't want to do yet.

Oh, and Lucid, my shelves remain the same. Just a little sticky. Whenever the content of the shelf changes, it doesn't reload. So if I've had doable ruby trades and suddenly the shelf doesn't load, I know the next trade is going to be an AT or coins. Or some variation of that. To get the shelf to refill I need to do a trade on the untimed shelf. That USUALLY works but not all times. But it's nowhere near as bad as SP was, so I can live with it.
    Secret Passages

Hidden Agendas

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleJ View Post
    To get the shelf to refill I need to do a trade on the untimed shelf. That USUALLY works but not all times.
    Hi Elle,
    Just a thought to re-fill the shelves with a trade, without selling from the untimed. Worked for me many times to exit game and restart. Since it starts quickly, worth a try.
    Event name: H(o)ll(o)w / Olevia280723700, lvl 65, support ID: C8C4MGX4B4
    AT free thanks to GOD...

No daily bonus since March update.
    Love You ALL! Forumers rock this world!

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Topmom52 View Post
    Ok seems to be fixed now, as no popup and no empty shelf. All 3 timed are ATs though. Traded over 10 times on untimed shelf with no diamond trades showing up. Never had to do that many before. Did you remove diamond trades from the untimed shelf? Thanks
    exactly the same for me, no diamond trades on the untimed shelf, just coins

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast