As this was requested since a while, I started a thread that collects some information - just the basics and general terms, no spoilers. Feel free to add some knowledge, but please wait until I have reserved 2 more comments, thanks!
I'll edit more later!
Trade that asks for a locked item
Short for "Aspirational Trade"
- Completed darkroom
- Provides diamonds
- Premium area
- All (typically 3) sites are bonus sites
- Complete, closed/completed storyline
Character that is related to the Voyager's Clubhouse.
- Non-energy power-up
- Finds 3 random items.
- Chapters have an ongoing storyline, the clues lead Kate to a conclusion, this can be repeated by tapping the picture frame after a chapter is completed (notice: you can do that if you reached the final chapter), books have a closed storyline
- The regular content is divided into chapters
- The typical chapter contains 3 coin-based sites and 1 bonus site
Characters (*potential spoiler*)
- Kate: investigative journalist
- Olivia: Kate's friend
- Fletcher (?): the London New's editor, buys the clues in his newsroom
- Leon: murdered journalist
- Lilian: another journalist, loves fancy hats
- Sterling: Lilian's co-worker, the villain?!
- Simon: another journalist, the quest guy
- Jack: might love his ascots more than detective Jeff (character from SP) his ties
- some other characters appear in the books (the French duchess, the fortune teller, the Chans...)
See Voyager's Clubhouse.
- Items that are hidden within the scenes
- Can be traded
- Energy power-up
- Provides 50 points on the energy bar (the bar can rise above 100)
Content that can be unlocked by using coins
- Basic currency
- Can be earned by trading clues from regular sites
- Read content version
- Is pushed by PG's server and starts quests, activates new chapters/books, provides minor fixes etc.
- You might not get a content update if you don't run the latest version
- Describes the game's current content
- Found under "settings"
- Might be a slow release or only available for a certain group of players
Short for "Customer Support", also read "Staff/Admins"
Short for "Content Version"
Short for "Customer Experts", also read "Staff/Admins"
- Provides you a nice daily gift (such as coins, film-rolls or diamond)
- Incomplete bonus site/previous stage
- Provides material that is needed to reconstruct the bonus site
- Developing films requires filmrolls
- Premium Currency
- Can be earned by trading clues from bonus sites
- Quest, the daily bonus and darkrooms provide diamonds either
- Each 5*clue from a regular bonus site (chapters) gives you 10 diamonds, each clue from a premium bonus site 17
Content that can be unlocked by using diamonds
The gaming board (might be irrelevant as everything is on that board)
Short for "Dark Room"
- The trading guy
- Tea (can be found at darkrooms , purchased or earned by completing quests), provides 25 points on the energy-bar
- coffee (available via quests, purchases), gives you 50 points on the energy bar
- espresso (so far purchase only), provides 100 points on the energy bar
- Lowest pricing: 1,800 diamonds/10 espressi
- Note: be aware that the price rises after using energy, it will return to the lowest stage after you don't use any energy for 48 hours
- Note 2: the energy-bar can rise above 100, but there's a limit in Secret Passages
- You get an energy point every minute
- The bars maximum capacity is 100 (using power-ups is still recognised after reaching that limit)
- Each search costs 24 points
- Provides 100 points on the energy bar
- Needed to unlock the following chapter
- Usually 6
- Found at darkrooms
Official name for our film-roll/FR
- 6 searches provide 3 film-rolls
- filmrolls are needed to search the darkroom
-Quests can provide film-rolls as reward
- The daily bonus might give you film-rolls
Short for film-roll
- non-energy power-up
- freezes the timer during a search for 5 (?) sec.
- Game Centre (by Apple)
- might coordinate certain features as alternative to the pocket ID
- achievements can be ignored, they don't influence the game
Stands for the "Haunted Heist" - a book - in this context
Home Button (within the scene)
- Allows you to skip a search (it will count as completed, but won't credit clues)
- Possibility to interrupt a search
- The editors favourite (especially from the lates book/chapter you unlocked)
- The wording is used here to describe diamond trades
- Your personal service number, needed to file a ticket
The buildings are called "landmarks".
- Requirements to level up: usually finding 9 new clues
- a premium currency
- currently not available, but will be added to the darkrooms later
- comparable to the tokens in Secret Passages
(Limited) timed quest
- Quests that have a deadline
Short for "Limited Timed Quest"
- A power-up that helps you to find an item/clue within a scene
- Found in Darkrooms
- Needed to reconstruct bonus sites
- If you search fast the multiplex (bar above the scene) will rise, which provides higher scores
Short for "Night at the Museum", another hidden objects game by PG
Place to trade
Night at the Museum
Another hidden objects game by PG
- Multipliers, Magnifiers and cameras are the so-called "non-energy power-ups"
Short for "Pocket Gems"
Makers of Hidden Agendas
- Should be a connection between the server, your game and your device
- Can be used to transfer a game (don't do that frequently and create your own backup)
- Can coordinate challenges etc.
- Freezers, cameras and magnifying glasses are so-called "non-energy power-ups"
- They are capped at 250, which means they won't drop as soon as you reach that limit. If a quest requires finding them, spend some and they will drop again.
Icon in chapters, allows you to access the books
Short for "Power-Up"
A task that is divided in several steps and gives you currency as reward
- Needed to get a star upgrade
Place you search for clues after accessing a site
Another hidden objects game by PG
The landmarks are also known as "sites".
Short for "Secret Passages"
- Hint (e.g. new content, quests)
- Be fair and mark a thread that may contain a spoiler
- Allows you to unlock the next clue
- needed to level up
The ones with the green member-name who are always following, listening and improving the game currently it's Lucid (James), Wilsooon and Jesse.
Timed Quest (aka limited timed quest - LTQ)
Quest that has a deadline
- Place to sell found clues
- Trade that expires after 6 hours
- Can ask for future items
- If there's an issue with your game, you can contact Pocket Gems amazing support and they'll help you
- Link to the help- desk:
- Allows you to sell found clues and pays out coins or diamonds
- Can be timed or non-timed
- Demands items from the last 10 or 12 (may differ between players) coin-based sites and all bonus sites
- Pays out coins or diamonds
Each time you tap on a person, you get a reward, they accumulate until you accept them or one person doesn't offer one. If this happens, you can move on for diamonds (the more tries you had, the more it costs) - and get the chance to accept the rewards or play on again - or quit and loose the reward you got during this round. You need to collect 10 items (one person can give you more than one) to complete the site. Every round takes 1 key. The sites are a limited offer and pay out diamonds/are upgraded for diamonds. It's also possible to purchase the items for diamonds. The sites expire after seven days. If they are unlocked prior the final deadline, the next one will appear 4 days later.