Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Diamond Trade Strategies

Longtime Tapper Primitive Caveman's Avatar
    Change indeed! I got ruby trades to trade away my L2 relics for Canals of Venice and am now upgraded to L3.

Quote Originally Posted by Primitive Caveman View Post
    Change indeed! I got ruby trades to trade away my L2 relics for Canals of Venice and am now upgraded to L3.
    Say it with me now. Diamonds not rubies, diamonds not rubies, diamonds not rubies.

Good to hear you're getting trades.
    Device: iPad2 w/ iOS 7.1.1
    SP v2.24-363,0 Prod Level 117 / Support ID: AYLR7TJHZZ (Game is Broken)

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 w/ KitKat 4.4.2
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

Intrepid Explorer
    Thanks for all the replies. There are a few shared experiences at least, so maybe we can eventually figure it out between us. I got a single trade for my 2* Canals of Venice clue since my last post. Hooray! Not the mini streak I had with the 1* clue by any means, but I'm somewhat encouraged. Others are trading that clue too I see, so that's good.
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Ariana View Post
    I have had Canals of Venice at 2* for about a week and finally got my first trade for it. I only get on average 1 diamond trade in 24 hours.
    +1
    At least my experience today. And I was so happy to saw that tiny little 12 diamonds
    Hoard the filmrolls, things will change for the better...
    Event name: H(o)ll(o)w / Olevia280723700, lvl 65, support ID: C8C4MGX4B4
    AT free thanks to GOD...

No daily bonus since March update.
    Love You ALL! Forumers rock this world!

I'm getting lots of trades now. For me all it took was having the first two sites in Versailles and the DR in Italy open. They were still all at 1* when regular trading started. I was a bit leery to start leveling up, in case it killed my trades, but all seems to be well.

SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

Quote Originally Posted by ElleJ View Post
    I'm getting lots of trades now. For me all it took was having the first two sites in Versailles and the DR in Italy open. They were still all at 1* when regular trading started. I was a bit leery to start leveling up, in case it killed my trades, but all seems to be well.
    So I wonder if it is getting the third darkroom open, wherever it may be?
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0
    Support ID: AOW37XJAVU
    Event ID: Ariana1619182694

Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Ariana View Post
    So I wonder if it is getting the third darkroom open, wherever it may be?
    Perhaps that and having India open. Because I didn't have a single trade until I opened that region. I have India at 5*s, but I'm holding there and working on stocking up/searching and getting DRs open now.

Sp had a ration premium (not former ds) - non-premium. It could be something like this and trades are rare until a certain number of premium relics is checked, so I think Tassie is right. When I was in India, I did still get at's from the second site at Versailles, so it's a bit difficult to confirm that India was the trigger.

Intrepid Explorer
    I haven't had a single diamond trade for 2.5 days now (with apologies to those who haven't had any ever). I opened India (one currently upgrading to 5*, two currently upgrading to 4*) and opened the Royal Bedchamber in Versailles (1*, and was down to single figures in film rolls). I am trying to copy Elle (not for the first time ). It's not working (not for the first time ). Maybe when I get India to all 5*... I am AT free, as in I simply don't get ATs, for many days now, it's just that it is all coins, coins, coins.
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2

My weird theory is that upgrading influences the trade's generation, after upgrading it takes a while until the editor asks for the item. I noticed the same in sp, but it's just an observation. The final regular site might act different, but those are always the 'hot' ones and they might be part of the switched off at's.

So I have the first Versailles site open and Italy dig site open. Is it safe to upgrade and still occaisionally get diamond trades?

I haven't had a diamond trade in since Wednesday. Granted, I haven't had much time to play, but there have been a few long stretches of trading, but nada. The only thing that's changed is I've been upgrading my DR sites. Didn't seem to have any impact at first, but now I wonder where/what tips the balance.

Intrepid Explorer
    I'm stockpiling to 50 relics of London, Italy, Egypt in order to lure out some diamond from the news.
    No luck at all so far. Never seen any diamond trade nor on the untimed, neither on the timed shelf.
    The only achievement is that the current level India relics were asked and traded off, so I could start a simultaneous upgrade of the 3 indian site.
    In the spirit of slow, I'll see if the gentleman will fed up eventually and ask some diamonds for a change
    AT free thanks to GOD...

Stockpiling doesn't work for me, but it didn't work in sp for me either. Be aware that my trades don't ask for a clue that is too old (13 last scenes). I think the diamond trades are more influenced by the percentage of unlocked diamond clues/bonus sites.

Btw. If someone is low on filmrolls but gets diamonds, taking a look at the clues prices might be helpful. The rare relic costs 300 dismonds, others are cheaper at some bonus sites.

Intrepid Explorer
    Has anyone who has updated the app to 1.20 noticed any changes regarding diamond trades? For example, a return of ATs? I haven't upgraded. Sorry to tease you like this but I have found a bona fide diamond trade strategy that works. I am terrified that the upgrade will ruin it :S!
    Last edited by grave digger; 10-20-15 at 03:18 AM.
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2

The only change I noticed is a third timed shelf, I don't think the at's returned, but I don't have many incomplete buildings left (1 and 1 locked region).

Intrepid Explorer
    No AT, no diamond trade either.
    4th shelf occasionally open.
    Will try to upgrade more diamond sites as suggested by Kate, currently it is catch 22.
    AT free thanks to GOD...

According to pg the frequency of ruby trades is (sp) based on how many premium items are unlocked. They said, items from regular ds weren't premium (sp). I don't know if also the other scenes count, but if it's the same, the books should be the trigger. They do also provide higher trades than those scenes from the chapters.

No ATs yet, but I have got diamond trades. Yesterday (before upgrading) I had a couple of great runs on diamonds when I'd had hardly any trades for days.

I hit L12 yesterday and a few things happened. Lots of diamond trades, which I feel had more to do with something else, and suddenly my 3 shelves started refilling again after every trade.

I didn't even stop to think about what used to happen in SP. Every time we upgraded, it killed our Ruby trades for a while.

Finally, after playing from the first public release, today I got my first diamond trade. 'Twas a long time coming.

Quote Originally Posted by grave digger View Post
    Has anyone who has updated the app to 1.20 noticed any changes regarding diamond trades? For example, a return of ATs? I haven't upgraded. Sorry to tease you like this but I have found a bona fide diamond trade strategy that works. I am terrified that the upgrade will ruin it :S!
    A follow up to my last post. I just finished a period of trading and did get several more diamond trades. Not in a row like I got yesterday, it was more like every other trade was a diamond trade.

Longtime Tapper
    Okay, here's my game:

London all at 5*; dr closed
    Italy all at 5*, except canals at 2*
    Egypt all at 5*; dr closed
    India Market at 5*, Dignitary and Lillian at 4
    Hong Kong just opened

Two diamond trades, one for 12 (I think) and 1 for 5. That's it, that's all.

With it costing 24 energy units to search, getting film rolls is a challenge. I've started to develop 1 "book" in Versailles but it's long.

Intrepid Explorer
    Okay, here's my game:

London all at 5*; dr just like Oxford in SP...
    Italy all at 5*, except canals at 3*
    Egypt all at 5*; dr not opened yet at all
    India - partially upgraded, dr not opened at all
    Versailles - hall if mirrors at 2*, royal bedchamber at 2 *, garden not opened yet...
    And YES! Finally I see diamond trades... I started to sell the stockpile of coins and after 15 round the shelves were started to ask for diamonds... Sometimes all 3 timed shelves...
    AT free thanks to GOD...

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post

Sometimes all 3 timed shelves...
    Can you clarify that wasnt a typo? THREE timed shelves?
    I only have three working shelves, 1 + 2 and I thought this was the norm!
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    Can you clarify that wasnt a typo? THREE timed shelves?
    I only have three working shelves, 1 + 2 and I thought this was the norm!
    Did you upgrade to 1.20? As soon as I did that I got 4 functioning trays. 3 timed and 1 untimed. I haven't had 4 working since the about the second day of playing the game. And the best part is they're actually refilling promptly as well.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast