Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Diamond Trade Strategies

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kstam852 View Post
    I've got everything opened and upgraded except for Scotland which I have not touched. I'm getting now regular diamond trades with over of 600 diamonds per day. Twice in the last week I've manage 1,000 plus diamonds. All of my trades are now on the timed shelves and predominantly from Notre Dame, Bakery and Parlor sites. This did not start until I opened the first of the 3 sites mentioned.
    Wow, I don't get that many. I still have issues with my trades. Takes a while for decent trades then then fizzle out. I don't see that many diamond trades either.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    So, here's my strategy that is slow but working:

I have all chapters through 7 at 5*. I have not solved the case for Chapter 7. I have opened all of Versailles and The Mummy and have developed but not open the Halloween premium. I now have 3 of the clubhouse sites ( I missed one over the holidays because my connection was too intermittent).

I trade for about 50-150 diamonds a day. When a diamond AT presents itself, I upgrade if it only has 1 AT and I have enough diamonds. I trade my shelves until all three timed have diamond AT's. I use my other searches to load up on the last 10 regular site relics.

As I mentioned, this is a definite "smell the roses" strategy but I am slowly upgrading the diamond sites and keep my diamond total above 300 (dark room developing and the clubhouse have helped).

My diamond trades are slowly increasing in value, usually 18-20 but had two worth 38 today.

I'll move on to chapter 8 once most of my diamond sites are 4*. I'd like to wait until they are all 5* but I have a feeling the roses will start smelling rotten
    Last edited by Matilda; 01-15-16 at 06:37 PM.

Opinions please. If you are getting fairly regular diamond trades, is it better to let the premium relics run out or keep at least 1 to generate more diamond trades? Thanks

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Topmom52 View Post
    Opinions please. If you are getting fairly regular diamond trades, is it better to let the premium relics run out or keep at least 1 to generate more diamond trades? Thanks
    I would say 0 is optimal for timed diamond trades and at least 1 is necessary for untimed diamond trades. So it depends which you are targeting.
    Most recently I have been doing exclusively timed trades and letting clues run out and only searching for more when a trade asks for it (but I don't get ATs). My thoughts are starting to turn more to coins and opening up Scotland, but I have been delaying until an update as I think I will have an easier time of it then.
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

how expensive are scotlands upgrades in coins?

Quote Originally Posted by Javegam View Post
    I don't recall the costs, but the upgrades were affordable, the problem was exploring/unlocking the sites.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Javegam View Post
    I don't recall the costs, but the upgrades were affordable, the problem was exploring/unlocking the sites.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

So how expensive was unlocking the sites? ��

Longtime Tapper Primitive Caveman's Avatar
    I can't remember exactly, but as a very rough guide.... Apologies if I'm a bit inaccurate....

The costs were, from memory from between about 50,000+ up to over200,000 depending on site and level to unlock.

The unlocking was much more expensive. I think over 900,000 for the third site.

Go to the region's thread, I think it was up to 825k per single step (unlocking/exploring) while upgrading was 100-200k. The trouble is that only the third site's 5* relic has a good payout.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213