Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Diamond Trade Strategies

Intrepid Explorer

Lightbulb Diamond Trade Strategies

Inevitable that we would need a thread like this I guess...

Note on spoilers: I think it is unlikely that there will be any story related spoilers in this thread, but be advised that it will undoubtedly mention the names of regions and scenes that you may not yet have reached.
    Last edited by grave digger; 10-13-15 at 06:36 AM.
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

Thanks GD. For me, I can say is that I think my Diamond trades started when I opened India. And at some point before that I stopped getting ATs as well. I'm not sure what the trigger is/was for that. I only have DR in Italy open, and the first two DRs in Versailles.
    Secret Passages
    Device: iPad2 w/ iOS 7.1.1
    SP v2.24-363,0 Prod Level 117 / Support ID: AYLR7TJHZZ (Game is Broken)

Hidden Agendas
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 w/ KitKat 4.4.2
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

Mine got regular after India, too. I thought it was the major release, but India could be the trigger - isn't that the first site that requires 14 items?! As always, the ration bonus sites - normal sites might be important.

The ats didn't stop at India for me until India was at 5*, it wouldn't surprise me if they were switched off because of the overflow.

There might also be two routes to stay at-free - full upgrade at the main board or the premium areas, Natm worked like this.

Intrepid Explorer
    I see we have activity already . I thought a new thread was better than Bugs and Issues getting massively side-tracked. I'm not in India but I have had diamonds trades briefly. Better start at the beginning:

Paraphrasing what I posted before:

I had 50 of every 5* clue up to the end of Egypt, traded them down until one ran out in one trading run and didn't get offered a single diamond trade for the 1* Hall of Mirrors clue [that had just been opened], nor even an AT for the 2* clue.

I also opened the Italy darkroom bonus scene. And... got diamond trades for the 1* clue! I traded for a few diamonds and got more requests when I ran out of clues. I searched and traded for a couple more cycles. Then I got greedy. This is great I thought but I have enough diamonds to upgrade now I thought. What if I upgrade to 2* and then I will get higher value trades I thought. But no. Stop having thoughts, what good have thoughts ever done anyone? As soon as it was 2*, no more diamond trades whatsoever. Stopped completely dead.

So right now I'm on 1* Hall of Mirrors, 2* Canals of Venice, no trades from either, low on diamonds and film rolls :\. I really, really wish I hadn't done the 2* Canals of Venice upgrade. I'm mightily vexed. There doesn't seem to be any pattern that I can see as to what clues will be tradable based on what I have seen and what others have posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    I could trade 3/4/5 * relics. This could depend on a ration premium-non-premium-items, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleJ View Post
    As far as Diamond sites go, I have Canals of Venice at 1* and both of the open Versailles landmarks at 1* as well. That's it. However, I have been getting doable diamond trades.
    Kate says 3*, 4*, 5* relics from Hall of Mirrors can be traded. I don't have the diamonds spare to try that unfortunately. Moreover, I ideally wanted to trade away the lower level relics before upgrading so that they are not left cluttering up the bottom of the newsroom. What about you Elle? Are you getting trades for the 1* clues from Versailles, or just for Canals of Venice?

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    I have opened the first dark room and do get some diamond trades.
    Matilda, you mean Canals of Venice I think? What clue level are you on for that site?
    Last edited by grave digger; 10-13-15 at 04:51 AM.
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

Gd, that's an early observation, it might also take some time until the trades are generated or it's a ratio. I tried not to search/search the 5* relic as well, but can't trigger trades like some in sp can.

Like in sp (where I didn't follow the recommended route) I could trade as many diamonds as an upgrade requires within a day. Now it's more.

The thread is definitely a good idea, to turn it: what about sites that are involved in trades, looks to me as if it's still the last 10 or 13, but I can confirm it now.
    Last edited by Kate; 10-13-15 at 05:02 AM.

I have not yet opened India,everything is at 5*except the Egypt area that requires a wad of cash to update to 5* I have to date not had one diamond trade !!what am I doing wrong ?

Longtime Tapper Primitive Caveman's Avatar
    I have had a similar experience to GD. Upgraded Canals of Venice to 2 stars after trading down the brief cases. And now haven't seen any more diamond trades.

I haven't been able to complete any other diamond site yet. Last 5 shields in Egypt seem to have dried up.

I haven't bothered with the premium dig sites yet, but still getting diamond trades for the venice scene at lvl1, think they have been switched back on with the new content push v12, as had a long time without getting any, but had 3 trades today already. Not had any AT since finishing Egypt/ Opening India. Will do all the normal darkrooms before going to premiums as that was how it worked in Natm, just need a few more shields in Egypt before that is open

I have had a few diamond trades. But they come sporadically. I had a few in a row and then none for a day. I am enjoying seeing how the game evolves this time with forum friends. When I started SP, I played for a couple of months not knowing there was a forum and then for a while I couldn't post.
    Level 117 just in time.

Forgot one more basic: so far the premium regions generate higher trades: 16 instead of 10 diamonds for the 5* relic.

Quote Originally Posted by grave digger View Post
    ...What about you Elle? Are you getting trades for the 1* clues from Versailles, or just for Canals of Venice?...
    I've had trades for both CoV and HoM in V So far, I haven't had any trades of the Royal Bedroom, but I haven't had that open for very long either.

@Kate
    We need 14 for the DR in Egypt as well. I'm still working on that one.
    Last edited by ElleJ; 10-13-15 at 10:23 AM.
    Secret Passages

Hidden Agendas
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

@Elle: Interesting!

Mine asked for less (and I have screenshot), but this explains the "overflow" that I experienced before the update. Guess it did always require 14 but the counter showed 7 (wrong image) instead. I recall that I gave up after finding 13 additional items and didn't complete the site.

- - - Updated - - -

@Elle: Interesting!

Mine asked for less (and I have screenshot), but this explains the "overflow" that I experienced before the update. Guess it did always require 14 but the counter showed 7 (wrong image) instead. I recall that I gave up after finding 13 additional items and didn't complete the site.

I also had trades for level 1 clue from Canals of Venice but have had none since I upgraded to level 2 - yesterday. I need one more shield to complete Museum of Wonders (Italy) - then I'll start opening the India DR. Have not started in the premium regions yet. Have to say my digging/developing(?) yields far more power ups than building material. Presume they will max out at some point or else I'll get into harder scenes and start using more of them. Fortunately I'm finding some diamonds in DRs.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    My trades are for level 1 in Canals of Venice. I don't have any other darkroom or premium sites open.

I haven't seen a single diamond trade yet. All 5* through India, except for the DRs. Canals at 2*, but rest not open. India open and partly upgraded. Versailles open but no site complete. Doesn't sound like it helps to collect relics and then trade down, so I'm not inclined to. But now what? Just keep slogging? I'm remembering how hard it was to get enough shovels to open things in SP at early stages (and I gave up on NatM)-- it's taking forever to dig for stuff. But I'm enjoying it so I'll keep at it.

Intrepid Explorer
    Venice
    Had some trades at lvl1. Upgraded to lvl2 and had some trades as well.
    Then I explored Hall of mirrors in Versailles and the diamond "flow" stopped.
    I didn't start Egypt darkroom yet.

Now you folks tell me if I did something wrong...?
    Event name: H(o)ll(o)w / Olevia280723700, lvl 65, support ID: C8C4MGX4B4
    AT free thanks to GOD...

No daily bonus since March update.
    Love You ALL! Forumers rock this world!

Snarklady glad someone else hasn't had any diamond trades either , don't feel so left out now !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    Forgot one more basic: so far the premium regions generate higher trades: 16 instead of 10 diamonds for the 5* relic.
    Could you give us a breakdown on what the payout/returns are for diamonds? If you remember? 1*=, 2*= and so on. Please and thanks!

I have a trade right now for 21 diamonds. It's 2 of the 1* Royal Bedroom and 1of the 1* Canals of Venice. Are the payouts the same from both regional and premium DRs? eg. all those 1* relics are worth 7 diamonds each?
    Secret Passages

Hidden Agendas

My ruby trades (lv 1 Canals of Venice) were 5 diamonds for one clue and 10 diamonds for 2 clues.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

Anna and Snarky...I think I've only had two or three diamond trades for 5 diamonds each. No great shakes so far. But then again I only have the DR in Italy opened to just 1*. Been holding out starting the DR in Egypt, but since I've hoarded 75 film rolls, I may give that a go later today to see if I can generate some more diamond trades. Regular sites in Egypt are all 5*; India are at 3*,4* and 5*,but it's taking so long to accrue enough coins to upgrade and upgrade times have increased so much that it's probably gonna take a couple more days to get them all to 5*. I've got a blue arrow over Hong Kong, but I think I'm gonna wait until India's done before I proceed. Unlocked the first premium area, but haven't developed at all. Gonna be patient with that too. Film rolls are sooooo precious at this point.
    iPad Air 2
    Gamecenter ID: wildflourgirl

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
    Snarklady glad someone else hasn't had any diamond trades either , don't feel so left out now !!
    me neither so your not alone.
    I am finding it is hard to get any momentum going when I only have twice a day access. every night I send a virtual plea to Apple 'please fix GC, pleaseeeeee'
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

No momentum yet, alas, no diamonds.

I have had Canals of Venice at 2* for about a week and finally got my first trade for it. I only get on average 1 diamond trade in 24 hours.

All ordinary sites are at 5*, beside Canals I have the first site in Versailles at 2* but no other dark rooms open yet. I have unlocked both premium areas and until Hong Kong arrived was getting AT's for them but no more.
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0
    Support ID: AOW37XJAVU
    Event ID: Ariana1619182694

Quote Originally Posted by ElleJ View Post
    Could you give us a breakdown on what the payout/returns are for diamonds? If you remember? 1*=, 2*= and so on. Please and thanks!

I have a trade right now for 21 diamonds. It's 2 of the 1* Royal Bedroom and 1of the 1* Canals of Venice. Are the payouts the same from both regional and premium DRs? eg. all those 1* relics are worth 7 diamonds each?
    As I said, the Versailles generates higher trades (must be 16 instead of 10) and sorry, I don't recall lower trades.

How things can change (well just a little bit)! I finally got enough relics to open the darkroom in India (royal wedding) this afternoon and have had 5 diamond trades since asking for the 1* relic. Now in the process of upgrading to 2* so hoping I haven't stopped the trades!
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0
    Support ID: AOW37XJAVU
    Event ID: Ariana1619182694

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast