Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs & Issues

Bugs & Issues

The game seems to run great, but I found some potential issues:

1. Missing timers above upgrading darkrooms.

2. There might be an overflow of relics at Versailles. (Submitted a ticket: #206196)
    This and the low trades from India should be fixed with the next content update (12)
    FIXED, thanks!
    This issue returned but was fixed instantly, thanks!

3. Trades don't renew. The bug is detected and the trades are improved.

4. Expired items remain/impossible trades. -> #18

5. Huge photo at India.
    Current solution: Tap the label to access the site.

6. Diamond trades on the non-timed shelf.

7. Portal to 'Curse of the Mummy' labeled as 'Versailles' (known and changed).

8. - Sparkles across Versailles and Italy.
    - Coins and Filmrolls are acting strange at darkrooms - sorry, this is completely unimportant, simply test it too,see what I mean.

9. Sticky power-ups -> #104

10. Reduced requirements cause a waste of filmrolls.

11. Freezing storylines require reopening the game.
    Possible work-around:
    Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryL View Post
    Had to tap multiple times but eventually the screen responded.
    Also touching the screen anywhere else might work, the timers run so it's not really frozen.

12. Returning instruction covers trades.

13. Unavailable book generates ATs (Wild West).

14. No trades from chapter 8, few from 7, chapter 3 is still active, result: if they are any coin trades, they are low. Combined with diamond trades on the timed shelf, it's possible to proceed, but impossible for some to upgrade the current chapter. Waiting until another chapter is released and generates higher trades is the only option. It won't affect the game but is a punishment for those who completed the books - normally paying customers. A pure coin shelf and active trades from less chapters are needed.

15. Overflow of evidences, especially at the London DR, PG is aware of it, but the fix requires an update, which might take until January, lost FRs will be refunded automatically.
    Follow the link for further information.
    https://pocketgems.zendesk.com/hc/en...cles/215158858

16. Disappearing clubhouse-related quest:
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN32 View Post
    WARNING BUG ALERT

There is the same bug in HA as in SP associated with crypt type sites. I have just finished finding the keys for Bakery and then went and searched it. having done so the quest to search the bakery had vanished and I did not get the three key reward. I assume that to get the reward you have to follow the quest icon links and play the scene, not just play it
    17. Huge/tiny clues. Also see 5.

18. Sticky power-ups (might be individual)

Quote Originally Posted by rajilina View Post
    The bug I am now having is that the powerups are often just simply not working for me on my iPhone 6s. If I need them in the middle of a search, I can tap and tap and tap and they do absolutely nothing. I often had this problem with just the autofind in SP but in HA it is all the powerups. I have to quit out of the game (i.e., "force crash") if I can't find something without a powerup so I don't lose my energy.

Anyone else with this problem?
    19. Different requirements:

Quote Originally Posted by Jace79 View Post
    With the recent update (the diamond stage for India) the amount of items needed to open certain dark rooms was reduced. For example, Egypt previously required 14 of all 3 items to open it. Now it only needs 7 of each. I feel like I've been cheated a bit as I only needed 3 more (out of the 42 total needed) to unlock Egypt prior to the update. Any chance we could get some film rolls reimbursed to us to make up for our wasted efforts?
    20. This!
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  29.6 KB
    It might be occasional as nobody reported the problem earlier, it also didn't influence the gameplay.

21. Invisible items (might be individual):

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...?54461-Parlour

22. high coin rewards at the clubhouse (v1.40) either the payout is a bug or the numbers aren't displayed correctly

1. Scrolling to the frame case on completed search... ugh!
    2. Too big hitboxes on frames/invitations causing accidental clicks a lot of time.
    3. Lack of "leave" button in case frame, having to scroll through the whole chain everytime, while 1+2 forces it a lot.
    4. Too small amounts given for clues in India, it takes forever to collect enough coins to upgrade.
    5. Fast clicks in the darkroom will hit the plate flying by in the animation, not the one in the position where the click was intended.
    6. There appears to be a second or two extra wait after finding all the items in a scene before it completes, perhaps waiting for the combo timer to end.

Last edited by Kate; 01-21-16 at 11:46 AM.

Re #3.

You guys just can't seem to sort this bug out. It's in SP, was carried over to NatM and now here.

@James (Lucid) If you're not familiar with the issue see this post for a screen shot. And the empty shelf--sorry, habit. The empty newspaper seems to be equal opportunity. This morning I have a different edition that's empty.
    Device: iPad2 w/ iOS 7.1.1
    SP v2.24-363,0 Prod Level 117 / Support ID: AYLR7TJHZZ (Game is Broken)

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 w/ KitKat 4.4.2
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    I just had an empty newspaper and 3 newspapers with AT's...not one doable trade!

The empty one seems to be normal, maybe it will stay empty until another currency is introduced?! My at's stopped now, but 3 empty shelves are quite common and require reopening the app - luckily it opens incredibly fast.

Just got an instructional popup @ Level 4. If I were a newbie, it would have been helpful @ L1, but whatever. The issue is the popup won't go away. Every time I go to the newspaper it's back.

Name:  2015-10-04 10.41.49.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  96.6 KB

The fact that it wants me to add something to the empty edition just makes it more fun.

SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

Quote Originally Posted by ElleJ View Post
    Just got an instructional popup @ Level 4. If I were a newbie, it would have been helpful @ L1, but whatever. The issue is the popup won't go away. Every time I go to the newspaper it's back.

Name:  2015-10-04 10.41.49.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  96.6 KB

The fact that it wants me to add something to the empty edition just makes it more fun.
    It's been bugging me all day too
    Paradise Cove - Level 58 (Mrs Ripple, member of Darkwings)
    Paradise Cove - Level 53 (Raiding Queen, officer of Thedarkraiders)

Support IDs: 9NQY72WE47 and 6R0HQ92TQC

Mine vanished now, it's annoying, but temporary.

Intrepid Explorer
    I hate that stupid popup, grrr. It needs slotting into the bottom of whoever made it appear every damn time.

If we can't be trusted to delete our own relics, please make the old ones go away when we upgrade. Très annoying.

I managed to get four timed shelves, all ATs, at one point. I'm not saying it's a bug necessarily, but weird. It was back to two timed, one untimed, one blank when they renewed.
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

Be careful with your wishes, they could simply remove the scrolling-option. The leftovers wouldn't be visible, but that would also mean less control.

The popup vanishing was temporary as well. Mine was gone for a while and is back again. .

I've also had one shelf--I don't think we're going to get away from calling them that--asking for L1 relics while there's an AT for L2 on another shelf. I don't remember that happening in SP, but maybe it did.

And they took the backpack away in the android edition of SP, so I've gotten kind of used to all the useless junk in it.

So did mine, then it vanished for eternity - at least I hope it did.

Darkroom upgrades? I see no option to upgrade a darkroom. But what this game really needs is some explanation.

Some examples:
    If I go on a location I read: collect 'stars' to upgrade. How do I collect stars? And why should I upgrade in the first place?
    In the darkroom, I gather I can collect some items with some luck. Do they have any implication on the game at all? Even if it says item xyz 1/5 I can progress. Thus should I return to this darkroom at a certain time when I'm in the next level already or not?
    How do I collect the highest points by finding stuff, and is the amount of points important at all somewhere?
    CL id: Kadiatu

Intrepid Explorer
    Yira, upgrading: all of the sites have 5 levels. You pay coins to upgrade. The advantage is that each new relic will be worth more in the trade section.

I haven't opened a darkroom yet so I don't know if they are upgrade able. I'll assume that if they are it costs diamonds to upgrade. The items you collect while digging in a darkroom are all resources in the game somewhere; either items needed to open the darkroom, coins, power ups (used to help you find items in scenes)m evidence for cases and hopefully diamonds (I haven't dug enough to find out).
    When I say "open a darkroom", I mean find all of the items listed at the bottom. Once you find all of them, you can turn the darkroom in to another area to search.
    The points earned when searching only matter right now when you have just upgraded a site,. You need a certain amount to earn the star. Otherwise, scores don't matter.

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by yirara View Post
    Darkroom upgrades? I see no option to upgrade a darkroom. But what this game really needs is some explanation.

Some examples:
    If I go on a location I read: collect 'stars' to upgrade. How do I collect stars? And why should I upgrade in the first place?
    In the darkroom, I gather I can collect some items with some luck. Do they have any implication on the game at all? Even if it says item xyz 1/5 I can progress. Thus should I return to this darkroom at a certain time when I'm in the next level already or not?
    How do I collect the highest points by finding stuff, and is the amount of points important at all somewhere?
    Once you have unlocked a site and it is ready to play you simply need to score (points) x amount to earn 1*
    You then pay coins to upgrade and again once you score x amount you gain 2*and so on.
    5* relics trade for higher values of coins, also you will always be asked for the next relic up so it’s best to get to 5* asap.
    In the darkroom in and after Italy you will collect building relics, once the building is complete it's like another site but the relics will trade for diamonds instead of coins, diamonds are the hardest things to gain and what you need most of... I'm stuck with this already!

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by grave digger View Post
    I hate that stupid popup, grrr. It needs slotting into the bottom of whoever made it appear every damn time.

If we can't be trusted to delete our own relics, please make the old ones go away when we upgrade. Très annoying.

I managed to get four timed shelves, all ATs, at one point. I'm not saying it's a bug necessarily, but weird. It was back to two timed, one untimed, one blank when they renewed.
    Same here to all three.

Have a countdown on right hand side of screen , down to 20.21 hours at moment but can't see what it relates to?
    Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  98.5 KB
    Last edited by topcat24; 10-05-15 at 07:11 AM.

The countdown is for whatever the sale showed when you opened game, example, explorer's pack $1.99. Or whatever your sale showed.

New bug. Well an old bug that's been carried over from SP.

Name:  2015-10-05 10.30.32.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  32.7 KB

I'm being asked for the necklace which is from Lion's Head Pub L3. The find item is from LHP L4. Which makes this trade impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Topmom52 View Post
    The countdown is for whatever the sale showed when you opened game, example, explorer's pack $1.99. Or whatever your sale showed.
    Interesting. I was never offered the sale in my game. I was even going to post about it, because offering one is pretty much SOP for PG, and I traditionally take advantage of it in new games.

If I recall it correctly, the order of the items was changed at some sites, this must not be an impossible trade.

So have they changed the way it works? In SP any trades for lower level items will disappear as soon as you start an upgrade. So for that trade above, when I start upgrading for the find item, the trade goes poof because the necklace from the same landmark is part of the trade. Thereby making this an impossible trade.

Not sure I worded that in a way that made sense, but can think of how else to word it.

I know what you mean, at least I think so. Some reported impossible trades for already upgraded items in SP. But I noticed that the images were changed, can it be possible that e.g. the first item's image and the 5th item's were switched, so that it looks like an impossible trade but is none?

I haven't opened any of the sites in Egypt yet ( learned from SP and taking it slowly!!) but I have gone into the darkroom and the number of materials required has shot up from 4 of each to open darkroom in Italy to 14 of each seems like an enormous jump!!

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleJ View Post
    So have they changed the way it works? In SP any trades for lower level items will disappear as soon as you start an upgrade. So for that trade above, when I start upgrading for the find item, the trade goes poof because the necklace from the same landmark is part of the trade. Thereby making this an impossible trade.

Not sure I worded that in a way that made sense, but can think of how else to word it.
    In my game, the answer is yes. When I upgraded a site, the trade for that relic disappeared. This is how I know when to upgrade. When there is a trade for that relic and I have to "find" it, I hit upgrade and the trade changes. It helps use up a lot of my lower level relics because the new trade usually switches to relics in my "backpack" and I am able to use them up and upgrade more sites.

I am left with 3 different relics. 1 because I forgot to use it before upgrading, 1 because it was never asked for (immediately asked for lvl 2 relic) and 1 because it stopped being asked for and I decided to upgrade the last Italy site anyway.

If you have a necklace and you upgrade for the ? the trade might not disappear. I have not tried this as I have run out of money for upgrades right now. Cuz I rushed to open everything. LOL

has anyone else completely opened the last regular site? I can't close the case yet. I think I need to level up higher first, but not sure.

India is the final region. You can't move on yet.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast