Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Hidden Agendas Forum!

Welcome to the Hidden Agendas Forum!

Greetings!

Please use this space to discuss any and all things Hidden Agendas! Unraveled a new mystery? Share it in our Case Closed! sub-forum. Please be sure though when posting in there to indicate the location and if there will be spoilers by placing [Spoilers!] at the beginning of your post's title. We've got a great story lined up for everyone so lets all share in the fun, while also of course being respectful of those who are still working to solve mysteries.

Employee
    Hello, everybody!

My name is James; I'm the manager for the Hidden Agendas development team. We've been working on Hidden Agendas for a while, so we're beyond excited that you'll finally have a chance to play.

We had a lot of fun creating the game, and we hope you'll all have even more fun playing it. Enjoy!

I'm really pleased that Hidden Agendas has now been released worldwide. I have been playing for about 2 weeks now and would like to share what I have learnt (no spoilers).

EDIT MY ORIGINAL POST: the upgrade costs are now more reasonable

The digsite in England is like Oxford in SP and yields 9350 coins occasionally (a great help) but I have only seen 5 diamonds at a time there. Diamonds are like rubies.
    The premium digsite area does not yield coins but I have seen 10 diamonds there.

Power tokens are available in dig sites and your balance of these corresponds with the number of keys at the top of the main screen (where your energy, etc shows). Haven't found a use yet for power tokens/keys but maybe I'm not far enough in.

There doesn't appear yet to be a way of seeing how many relics you have beyond the highest 5 on the main screen, nor any way of deleting any relics. EDIT: can now see total of relics held but not yet able to delete.

There doesn't seem to be a way of seeing how many power ups you have except for whichever three show up when searching a screen.

Looking forward to seeing how the game develops.
    Last edited by Tassie Ariana; 10-02-15 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Edited after changes made when update released
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0
    Support ID: AOW37XJAVU
    Event ID: Ariana1619182694

Intrepid Explorer
    Truthfully, I am not really expecting an answer to this, but you never know... Would this game be best described as a re-skin of Secret Passages? As in, most of the core code is the same. Or does it use a re-engineered code base?
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

Thanks Tassie. Do you recommend fully upgrading before progressing, like in SP?

Quote Originally Posted by Snarklady View Post
    That's the way I've been going but it is going to take a long time. I'm at level 6 with no challenges but I'm now wondering if I need to fully open Italy to finish chapter 2. Think there may be a terminology distinction between levels and chapters. Guess we're all learning at the moment! Will see what happens when I open the third Italian site in the morning. I'll report back then. Where are you up to Snarklady? Will be so good to work this game out with someone else.
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0

Tassie, I think there is a distinction between levels and chapters. There is a crossover quest in SP which gives 40 rubies and 5? Shovels when you complete chapter 2. I finished level 2 and was expecting the loot, but nada. So I guess I have to complete chapter 2 in two days to get the reward. I'm still fumbling around in the early stages of the game, but it's holding my interest.

I collected the 100 diamond reward for signing into pocket ID for this game, but I never signed into it here. I noticed that my Support ID is the same for Secret Passages as it is for Hidden Agendas. I would have thought they would be different.

I just started and have only played the first round of energy. But I'm looking forward to exploring with all my SP friends. And hopefully avoiding some of my SP mistakes. But given the crossover quest to finish chapter two in 2 days, they must not expect us to fully upgrade if it's taken you a couple weeks and you're still not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Ariana View Post
    That's the way I've been going but it is going to take a long time. I'm at level 6 with no challenges but I'm now wondering if I need to fully open Italy to finish chapter 2. Think there may be a terminology distinction between levels and chapters. Guess we're all learning at the moment! Will see what happens when I open the third Italian site in the morning. I'll report back then. Where are you up to Snarklady? Will be so good to work this game out with someone else.
    Ari
    By challenges do you mean quests? I got two timed ones, one to open something and then one to play the same thing. now I have two untimed ones sat there.
    I am playing on himself's mini until I can load properly. He is doing a lot of grumbling but he is not stopping me, bless.
    Sal, like you I got the pocketID reward without doing anything.

Couple or some observations. UD
    I don't rate the graphics as good as SP.
    I love the story line, the dialogue is first rate
    I do wish the people at PG would learn the difference between a Bowler Hat - correct and a Bowler Cap - incorrect. it makes my eye teeth ache.
    normally a cap is made of soft material and a hat is hard. I did say UD so if anyone wants to come up with something different, be my guest.
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 10-02-15 at 08:05 AM.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    I'm really pleased that Hidden Agendas has now been released worldwide. I have been playing for about 2 weeks now and would like to share what I have learnt (no spoilers).

To upgrade the three sites in England from 4 to 5 * costs 400 coins each. However the upgrade costs in Italy are huge which means I still haven't finished this area:
    Seaside arrival: 1-2* approx 100000, 2-3* approx 50000, 3-4* 143K, 4-5* 314K
    Italian train: 1-2* approx 50000
    Venetian villa: haven't pressed complete yet as still trying to get 314K
    Three 5* relics only trade for about 90 coins so it's a long haul just trading.

The digsite in England is like Oxford in SP and yields 9350 coins occasionally (a great help) but I have only seen 5 diamonds at a time there. Diamonds are like rubies.
    The premium digsite area does not yield coins but I have seen 10 diamonds there.

Power tokens are available in dig sites and your balance of these corresponds with the number of keys at the top of the main screen (where your energy, etc shows). Haven't found a use yet for power tokens/keys but maybe I'm not far enough in.

There doesn't appear yet to be a way of seeing how many relics you have beyond the highest 5 on the main screen, nor any way of deleting any relics.

There doesn't seem to be a way of seeing how many power ups you have except for whichever three show up when searching a screen.

Looking forward to seeing how the game develops.
    I been playing it for a few weeks. I have loaded the new release again to see if there is any difference. I noticed this for SP when I started that early and then it was changed slightly with the version for mass release. I am not getting to excited yet, not until some of my questions are answered.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    I haven't upgraded any sites yet but have decided to move on to finish Chapter 2 for the crossover reward. I figure I can smell the roses and upgrade after that.

The items keep the same position so far.

It's amazing how frustrating 4 searches per play is compared to 5...

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    I haven't upgraded any sites yet but have decided to move on to finish Chapter 2 for the crossover reward. I figure I can smell the roses and upgrade after that.

The items keep the same position so far.

It's amazing how frustrating 4 searches per play is compared to 5...
    compared to 7! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by grave digger View Post
    Truthfully, I am not really expecting an answer to this, but you never know... Would this game be best described as a re-skin of Secret Passages? As in, most of the core code is the same. Or does it use a re-engineered code base?
    Somewhere in-between. SP was certainly the foundation it was built on, but a lot (code-wise and otherwise) was changed to fit the story, art, and to create a new experience. So at this point you couldn't really recreate SP in HA, and definitely not vice versa either.

Longtime Tapper
    I'm liking the game so far. The graphics may not be quite as good but if that means the game size will be less than that's good with me.
    Tassie thanks for the low down, was wondering what the key thing was. I only have to pay 50 coins to upgrade seaside arrival to 2* will find out the train one in an hour.

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    Somewhere in-between. SP was certainly the foundation it was built on, but a lot (code-wise and otherwise) was changed to fit the story, art, and to create a new experience. So at this point you couldn't really recreate SP in HA, and definitely not vice versa either.
    Thanks Nic. I think I'm going to couch all my future questions in the same terms!
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    I been playing it for a few weeks. I have loaded the new release again to see if there is any difference. I noticed this for SP when I started that early and then it was changed slightly with the version for mass release. I am not getting to excited yet, not until some of my questions are answered.
    So should I do the same thing? If so do I delete my existing game and then download again? I'm asking this as I am not getting quests or rewards others have mentioned so might be I need to start again? I got the crossover quest in SP to finish chapter 2 which I have done but it is not registering as complete in SP.

Also my upgrade costs are still sky high and Pippy has noticed much lower ones.

Now that I have completed Chapter 2 I am getting my first ATs for the Italian sites which makes the high upgrade costs even more frustrating.

I am so pleased to have company in this game everyone.
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0

Quote Originally Posted by Snarklady View Post
    I didn't get at's from the former darkroom at the main map, only from normal scenes and from Versailles. So far two trades asked for stored items from the main maps former darkrooms - both at the timed shelf.

There seems to be an overflow at the Versailles darkrooms, I also had one in Italy, which wasn't influenced by hitting/not hitting the "complete". There wasn't an overflow at Egypt and India.

Auto-finds and keys must have been removed from the darkrooms as I can't find them.

The upgrades are quite fast and instantly at Versailles.

So should I do the same thing? If so do I delete my existing game and then download again? I'm asking this as I am not getting quests or rewards others have mentioned so might be I need to start again? I got the crossover quest in SP to finish chapter 2 which I have done but it is not registering as complete in SP.

Now that I have completed Chapter 2 I am getting my first ATs for the Italian sites which makes the high upgrade costs even more frustrating.

My prices on upgrades went down today, I could upgrade/unlock everything to five stars for around 10,000 coins. I thought the former pricing/payout was wrong and waited.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post
    I collected the 100 diamond reward for signing into pocket ID for this game, but I never signed into it here. I noticed that my Support ID is the same for Secret Passages as it is for Hidden Agendas. I would have thought they would be different.
    Same device...

Ari
    PG always told us not to un-install re-install without their say so because of long term problems. I know Dark did but she really knows what she is doing.
    I dont know if you read but I am having problems loading HA to my ipad even though it loads perfectly to my himself's mini.
    I am not comfortable doing the re-load yet, until requested/told to do it. For what it is worth I would ask the lovely techi people for their advice first.
    This is one place Brian said not to do it. https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post526433
    he also said it here
    https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post508876
    it was also the subject of a sticky but I just cannot find it.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Intrepid Explorer

Hi Ariana,
    Can it be, that the quests are not popping up as you already beyond?
    Lamer I am, shoot not at me

The quests I have
    Unlock and search seaside arrival
    Name:  014.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  42.7 KB

Unlock Versailles
    Name:  015.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  44.8 KB

Unlock Venetian Villa ( which one of the 3 italian building, I don't know. The first is ÍSeaside arrival, the 2nd and the 3rd is "?" marked.
    Name:  016.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  37.7 KB

I cannot think straight at the moment, so don't shoot the messenger.
    Upgrade the Kingsley Manor Twilight Gala, Lion's Head Pub to lvl 3 is 100-100 coins.
    Graphic is ancient, but nice.
    What is slightly annoying, that many objects are at the bottom of the screen, just above the powerup to use section, easy to mix up. On iphone 6 at least.

Chapter 2 you can see on the screens, so lvl2 is not chapter 2. I'm on lvl3 and of course ther is no SP crossover rewards.

By the way, I give a shot to this game :-)

One advice... The number of images+smileys shouldn't be more than 4 in a single post. Just learned
    Event name: H(o)ll(o)w / Olevia280723700, lvl 65, support ID: C8C4MGX4B4
    AT free thanks to GOD...

No daily bonus since March update.
    Love You ALL! Forumers rock this world!

I'm rather liking it so far.

I wonder why an old gray haired dude is always in charge of trades? First, Uncle Kingston...now this Perry White persona...

Great Caesar's Ghost!

I'm liking it so far as well. And nice to meet Kate finally--after that sneak peak I had of her in my Android game!

It's definitely SP deja vu to some extent, and I'm hoping that since it has it's own forum it's not going to screech to a halt like NatM. And since my iOS SP is broken and the Android version sucks, this will be a nice change.

Oh, and I have the quests as well. I'm in the group the game was just released to.
    Device: iPad2 w/ iOS 7.1.1
    SP v2.24-363,0 Prod Level 117 / Support ID: AYLR7TJHZZ (Game is Broken)

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 w/ KitKat 4.4.2
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

I left everything beyond England at 1* and received the quests.

NatM was clearly a promotion and maybe a test somehow.

Hollow, you are probably right that I'm not getting the quests because I am past that stage. I'll miss the diamond rewards but I can live with that if only the upgrade prices would go down!
    Kate, my prices haven't gone down yet. Have you any advice on how long I should wait before submitting a ticket?
    If I need to restart my game I want to do it now rather than later.

Feeling rather sad about this now when I was so keen to have everyone else playing.
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast