Thread: Have I reached the end of the road?

Unhappy Have I reached the end of the road?

I've been playing Runway Life now for the last few weeks and have really enjoyed playing the game a lot.

However I'm now stuck because there seems to be no way to progress any further as I can't recruit any more runway models; after recruiting Peace it took a day or so before another model, Tessa was available and she only had three photo shoots (like the supermodels) rather than the usual five that runway models have had to date. Since she signed a contract a few days ago i just get the message 'Further models coming soon'. In the 'look book' there are 3 times as many models again listed but they aren't available.

Another thing that has been bugging me is that I am voting on the same photo shoots over and over again; mostly by 'sophie', it's nearly always debutante or hip hop festival and the same images over and over to infinity, many of which are blurry, not dressed according to quest etc etc. Am I experiencing this because I'm the last person still playing and there just aren't any other photos being submitted to vote on?

While I could keep earning money and expanding land and rooms, no new items that you can pay for in cash (not diamonds) have been added in forever so there is little fun in creating more rooms when there's no scope to make them different.

Given I've invested time and a lot of money buying diamonds to progress in the game I'm quite annoyed; sure, I can carry on buying diamonds to finish off the few supermodel quests on offer but I'm not prepared to shell out for a product which seems to have little left to offer or the same old stuff over and over again.

Has anyone else experienced this too?

Hi Black Cherry!

Currently the latest model is Betsy which was released last week. They have been adding new models periodically as far as I can recall. Runway Life is considered fairly new (compared to fellow game Campus Life) and there might be new additions, improvements, changes, but not something I can guarantee.

If you have run out of models to recruit, you may consider the supermodels that require diamonds to recruit, or the weekly runway model (or as we call MBG). The models listed in your lookbook are probably these models.

About the photoshoot, Nic (a PG employee) has confirmed that Sophie is the name given to players who don't choose to select their own name hence there's a lot of "Sophie's agency" out there. I agree, too, that voting photoshoots can get a little boring. I presume it's because once players hit 3 stars for their photoshoots, they stop submitting entries so we don't always get to see variety. I'm sure you're not the last person playing, there should be a good amount of people playing Runway Life for PG to be able to continuously provide daily quests.

Yeah, the shop seems to be stagnant since I played. But, there are always the weekly cash quests to look forward to. Sometimes, the cash decorations are nice!

I've also spent a lot of time and money on this game, and recently I've been feeling upset that I don't have the feature to watch ads for diamonds. And a bit of stuffs here and there like how the league doesn't work as well, there's no social aspects like playing with friends. But I will still continue to play this game, because I want to give it a chance considering it's still new, probably less than a year old?

And welcome to the forum, not sure how I missed your post so sorry for the late reply.
    FS: ⓍⒶⓃ

Donnalin
    Awesome game as usual you described @Black Cherry. I'll definitely try for this one.

Hey, just chiming in to say I'm still playing too! Paying definitely increases my ability to do so, and it goes get expensive but I enjoy it and am staying tuned in the hopes that the game will continue to be developed, improved and expanded also. Confirming what Naimonster said, I've been playing pretty much right from the start and it hasn't been a year yet (I think I'm around 300 days now!)

And I hope we get some social content...

Good to know I'm not the only one still playing! The weekly bonus model (MBG) explains why there are so many models listed that I can't access. It's now been two weeks since I've been able to play as normal and I'm trying not to be drawn into shelling out for more diamonds just so I can keep playing, because without them there's nothing I can now do; all the quests, new clothes, new scenery and especially new models all depend on diamonds. I see new things being added daily but everything comes at a price that I am not prepared to pay.

So disappointed that when I finally find a game I really enjoy playing it effectively ran out after only playing it for two months?! I feel that players are being hoodwinked to some extent; once reeled into the game they'll pay handsomely to keep playing. Considering it has been going for a year or so now, there has been plenty time to add more content, not just for those able to pay for it.

Black Cherry, I've asked PG before, and they have said there's a good amount of people playing RWL. I think they just aren't on the forums... yet? If there wasn't anyone playing, RWL wouldn't be able to sustain releasing daily quests.

This is what I feel. What are all the new content for if there's no channel to show them off to, or rather what's the point in spending diamonds if there isn't any return. In CL, the return is the WWE prizes, keys, seasonal recruits that help you earn back diamonds. Here in RWL, only return are the sequin clothing WHICH hasn't been updated in forever.

I used to go into my game a lot at the beginning due to all the recruiting of cash models etc. But lately, the max I went in my game is twice a day. Except during cash quests where I'd have to go in a couple more times to enter photo shoots and what not. Other than that, there's no point, League isn't functioning well, they haven't added any more new items to buy with the sequins for months.

What they could have probably done is do like a Next Top Model or something, but I guess maybe they're trying to be different from CL.

No matter how much I complain (I just want RWL to be greater), I will still support RWL <3 The artwork and detail is much more exquisite.

Naimonster you've pretty much summed up my frustrations with the game too. I just wish someone involved in the development of the game would take note of our criticisms and respond to them.

I love the game and want to keep on playing but as you say, once you've exhausted the few cash models there are there's nothing much else to do. As for the Fashion League, the sequins items have never been updated since the feature was added to the game earlier this year.

I don't get it; the developers are clearly only interested in the aspects of the game that get people buying the diamonds, but if they refreshed the areas of the game not totally dependent on diamonds there would be more players, existing players would play more often and loads more diamonds would be bought!

By not developing the game beyond daily/short quests entirely dependent on diamonds players will just abandon RWL and play something else instead.

Hi all. I'm late to the post because I've pretty much lost interest in RL. I was super passionate at first but since my League doesn't work I just open tbe game to collect some diamonds. I occasionally replay a model who hasn't gotten 3 stars and I submit the weekly League model and play the cash quests. Maybe they're planning something big for Xmas but it seems that even the designers have lost their mojo...yesterday & today it was just "go to the store & spend diamonds" No storyline or anything. If I could play the League again I think I'd enjoy it but I have to agree with everyone, the spark is gone.
    C'mon RL designers...give us something to do here!!

I would have to agree.

League has not been loading at all for a few weeks.

My ticket to get them to fix clothing glitches were unsolved. I got a reply that they would fix it but months later, those clothing still cannot be fixed. I tried 3 times and gave up, so I asked for a refund of diamonds.

Not sure why but I have a feeling they're halfway into giving up the game. There is less new content, its nearly always recolors of previously released items. And I also noticed the storyline is getting shorter and less interesting. Cash quests has lesser items, used to have 2 items, either 2 fashion or 1 fashion and 1 decor. Recently it has just been reduced to 1 item and to further reduce content, cash quests are now only 2 steps. It was always 3-4 steps. They even totally removed the designer shipments quest. And I've already counted about 3 days of no-quest days this month.

If you check the LTQ thread you will notice a drastic decrease in my completion of quests. I used to complete a lot of quests but now I don't. Mostly recolors and mainly because I have nothing to do with the clothing.

Please do something for us. I do see potential in this game, especially when art work is so beautiful. Plus, the designer shipments is an awesome feature.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Which clothing needs fixing Nai?

You do realise that its the same as CL. Only some can be fixed, not all.

My son helps me out on this game alot. I am training him on this game so he can help me out in CL lol.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Glam Beaded Diva Gown in Gold and Red -Link

Silver Leather Cannes Couture Neckpiece - Link

I understand that, I PM-ed Jesse first who said thank you and that he has let the team know and they will fix it. I waited, couple weeks later it still wasn't fixed. So I thought maybe sending in a ticket would be better, so I did. The conclusion was if they had the names of the 3 items, it would a pretty easy fix and that it would be fixed in that week. That was 3 months ago. I waited 2 months and nothing was done. A month ago, I replied to that ticket asking for a follow-up, I then got a reply saying the team will be notified to fix it again. I asked for certain when it will be fixed, or it will be fixed, or it would be better if I got a refund of diamonds for the clothing. I got a refund, so I am presuming the items will not be fixed.

I did not submit a ticket for a small glitch like a missing pixel of sorts. 2 reward gowns cannot be worn outside the closet (because the bra is showing and is deemed indecent) and 1 neckpiece is literally nudity lol.

If you do manage to get them to fix these 3 items, I thank you, but it only makes me feel of less importance and it gives me the impression that they're neglecting RWL, this wouldn't happen for CL. It has been 6 months since the gown glitch, 4 months since the neckpiece glitch and 4 months of waiting from my end.

What kind of training for you son, lol!

I'll be really upset if they give up the game. I've spent a lot of money on it and I used to really enjoy it. I love my agency, love the decor and the outside, I don't want to lose it all. The artwork on most of the items has been stunning. I have a few glitchy items too...that silver neckpiece...a model could be in a nude Vegas nightclub with that, lol!!
    Just fix my League. It's been months (they said maybe a couple upgrades, well no) If I had my League feature back I would love this game a whole lot more. Also, I'd really like more models (not MBG) but actual photoshoot girls.
    Please, please don't give up this game. Fix the League problem (I'm not the only one) and put some spark back into the quests. Maybe a new designer instead of the endless Faro & Heloise battles?

My league's been stuck for 2 months too...

I will submit a ticket later. You should, too, if you haven't.

Another very upsetting thing in my game is, I don't have the ad button, so I have to spend more money buying diamonds. I know from playing CL that several months of watching ads daily gives A LOT of diamonds. Big sigh.

I started out with the tv to press & watch ads, then an upgrade gave a video button, but that's been removed. I try to watch the ads at least once a day but I sometimes get only 1, rarely 2 and often none..just $$. Did you ever have the tv or button?

No I never had the TV. I bought the exact same one, someone showed a picture to me, and said it gave ads but mine didn't. When the button supposedly got added from an update, I never received it either.

I submitted a ticket around July and the final conclusion in August was they're trying to investigate why it's happening in my game and they weren't sure, but if they find out they'll put a fix for me. But nothing so far since all the updates.

So I've been without ads since March when I started playing. That's 9 months.

Oh dear, people's experiences are really discouraging. I put in a ticket about the issues I was experiencing back in August and never received a reply. Totally get the impression that the developers don't have much enthusiasm for the game, as everyone else says, it's getting repetitive.

It could do with a reboot, new designers (not Faro and Helouise) new clothes, cash models, new interiors..... While we still care!

I have to say, I was happy with the new decor choices over the holidays. Very festive & I got to use some of my cash. I'm still bored with not having new photoshoot opportunities and I want my FORUM fixed!!!! Until that is operational, I will continue to rate the game with one star. Sorry, but that was once my favorite part of the game & its been broken for months & months!

Ah, I just posted on Nai's quests thread along a similar theme without seeing this first. Piratesong, I didn't even get to enjoy new decor because it was all actually just repeats from previous - I got nothing, instead. Sad there doesn't seem to be much effort put into this game now, there are so many things which could regain my interest (and money!) but what's the point of adding only new League matches that never load??