Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Football (American style) season is upon us! Let's rant and rave.

I hate life and Monday Night Football and Falcons' fans and the morning after a loss.

Jimbo and Snarklady: I have to readjust my expectations from 16-0 to 15-1 (he says laughing trying to hide his depression).
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Gotta, the Eagles are KILLING me! Bradford looked awful today and apparently they have forgotten who Jordan Matthews is. I can only imagine what sports talk radio in Philly sounds like! Calling for Chip Kelly's head, I imagine?
    iPad Air 2
    Gamecenter ID: wildflourgirl

Intrepid Explorer
    I do not like it when my two teams play against each other, Bills and the Pats.

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    Um, kiwi, you can NOT be a Pats fan if you are a Bills fan . So close .

My Packers finally beat those Seahawks. Life is good so far. A way better start to the season then last year.
    Level 117 just in time.

Ugly ugly ugly. We could only watch half the first quarter before another obligation intervened, but that was bad enough. Gotta, time for another expectation revision.

Intrepid Explorer
    I guess that living in Canada I do not have a loyalty to any state so I chose two closest to home. I have been to a Bills game both in the U.S. And when they played in Canada. The atmosphere in the states was unbelievable. As I get older it is a heck of a lot warmer watching from the comfort of my living room.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsflobob View Post
    Gotta, the Eagles are KILLING me! Bradford looked awful today and apparently they have forgotten who Jordan Matthews is. I can only imagine what sports talk radio in Philly sounds like! Calling for Chip Kelly's head, I imagine?
    No one forgot Matthews. Believe me. The guy has dropped every pass to him the past two games. Byron Maxwell, he couldn't cover a high school wide receiver. This guy is blowing coverage after coverage. Bradford threw bad pass after bad pass.

Where is the offense? The defense is playing well but with no O there is only so much the D can do.

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    Quote Originally Posted by KIWICANUCK View Post
    I guess that living in Canada I do not have a loyalty to any state so I chose two closest to home. I have been to a Bills game both in the U.S. And when they played in Canada. The atmosphere in the states was unbelievable. As I get older it is a heck of a lot warmer watching from the comfort of my living room.
    As a born and raised Bills fan, I am just giving you a hard time. Heck, the Bills have given me a hard time since 1993....

Intrepid Explorer
    Oh I agree with your comment Matilda. When I was working I was in a football pool and always took the Bills. Quite often their loss would cost me the pool. I also had to take a lot of ribbing from the guys in the warehouse and it gave me great pleasure to walk into the lunch room and hassle back when the Bills won, especially if I could couple it with winning the pool.

So Eagles looked better today.

Intrepid Explorer
    Good weekend. Bills won, Pats won and the Blue Jays won. I am not sure my blood pressure will hold out as there is seven games to go. We are in the play offs but are trying for the division title.
    Last edited by KIWICANUCK; 09-27-15 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarklady View Post
    So Eagles looked better today.
    A little bit better. They got Sproles more involved in the offense and did a better job at the offensive line opening up pockets to allow the runners (Ryan Matthews and Sproles) up field yardage.

Jordan Matthews did a better job at receiving and Maxwell was a little better at covering. But Maxwell plays every play like he wants to make a big play. He doesn't make tackles, just hits.

Going 2 quarters without a score is an issue. You cannot play half the game and not put points on the board.

Redskins are up next.

Like Mark Walburgh said speaking before the Pope in Philly.... Go Eagles!

Ugh. Already.

Oh ok. Better now.
    Last edited by Snarklady; 10-19-15 at 06:03 PM.

Thanks Jordan Matthews! I needed 6 points to win my fantasy match-up this week, and you got me 11! Woohoo...win #4 and second weekly high score! I am a happy girl!

To all my fellow Packer fans, this is where I was hanging out today.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  19.7 KB
    Level 117 just in time.

Cossie, isn't it a glorious place? I went for training camp several years ago and did the tour too. The museum is awesome with all of those Lombardi trophies and other memorabilia. And walking out through the tunnel and onto the edge of the field gave me goosebumps! Training camp itself was fun too especially when the local kids give the players their bikes to ride over to the practice facility. I was there for one of Brett Favre's last seasons, and Aaron Rodgers was just a puppy. It was a GREAT few days!
    iPad Air 2
    Gamecenter ID: wildflourgirl

It is a glorious place. Just makes me smile about having been there. The new Packer Hall of Fame is open. They must have the Lombardi trophies hidden away now but I saw lots of other things that were so special. We also went to a restaurant with a Donald Driver statue out front. They have all the monuments to famous Packers. Outside our hotel was the one for Ray Nitschke. My dad actually knew him when Ray was going to the University of Illinois. It was a special trip for me.
    Level 117 just in time.

I have not been able to make that pilgrimage yet, but I will one day.

Go Pack Go
    Game: SP v2.97
    Level 117 (+1 for 118)
    Device: iPhone 6 w/ iOS 9.2
    Support ID: LEY9UDE3FT

Day Realm 100% AT free
    Night Realm 100% AT free
    CoS 100% open
    EG 100% open

LVL 10 Sunstone, Emerald, Quartz, Garnet, 3x Aquamarine, 3x Diamond & 3x Sapphire

Hey PG how about 1 permanent point of energy on every 10th explorer level-up?

Weekley, it is a pilgrimage I have been wanting to make for a while. It is so worth it. You will enjoy it!
    Level 117 just in time.

Gotta, my dad was from Philly. Haven't been back in so many years. But I still remember Bookbinder's, Pepper Pot, Scra pple (had to type it that way) and soft pretzels along with all the wonderful historic sites. And a great ice cream place...think it was Breyer's...where we would get ice cream sodas or sundaes.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Quote Originally Posted by giraffe510 View Post
    Gotta, my dad was from Philly. Haven't been back in so many years. But I still remember Bookbinder's, Pepper Pot, Scra pple (had to type it that way) and soft pretzels along with all the wonderful historic sites. And a great ice cream place...think it was Breyer's...where we would get ice cream sodas or sundaes.
    Giraffe:

Wow, a stroll down memory lane. Well, Bookbinder's closed under bankruptcy (their lawyer was a boating friend of my father) and then re-opened as the Olde Bar. Pepper pot is okay. Scra pple my mother loved and if I told you how and what it is made of, you'd stop eating it. LOL. Soft pretzels are quite simply a gift from the Gods. I go every Friday and buy 20 for my wife and kids and we're lucky if they last through Saturday. My grandfather used to walk me, back in the day, from the stadium area in South Philly all the way to Federal Street to buy soft pretzels there" I used to imbibe a few "pops" at the old Dic kens Inn and the Artful Dodger back in my glory days. As you can tell from the previous posts, I bleed Kelly Green, there is no team BUT the Philadelphia Eagles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:U...ft_Pretzel.jpg

Breyer's ice cream is still sold here and is one of the best. I don't recall the store, it may be before my time.

Historic sites, forget about it! I've been to those places so many times they think I'm Ben Franklin. LMAO! My grandfather would take me every weekend to Old City. I've already told the story on here that I met Grace Kelly outside Besty Ross' house back in 1976 (The Bicentennial Celebration). I swear that I was the one who cracked the Liberty Bell.

You should go back, especially if you've got kids. It really is an underrated town. I think people don't like to deal with the traffic on those tiny colonial streets and alleyways. Plus the heat during the summer is rough. However, my in-laws from North Jersey come and visit at Thanksgiving and they love it.

I saw two Pope's come through here. Met some fairly famous people and went to school with a few others. What can I say? I love Philly.

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Quote Originally Posted by igotahavit View Post
    Giraffe:

Wow, a stroll down memory lane. Well, Bookbinder's closed under bankruptcy (their lawyer was a boating friend of my father) and then re-opened as the Olde Bar. Pepper pot is okay. Scra pple my mother loved and if I told you how and what it is made of, you'd stop eating it. LOL. Soft pretzels are quite simply a gift from the Gods. I go every Friday and buy 20 for my wife and kids and we're lucky if they last through Saturday. My grandfather used to walk me, back in the day, from the stadium area in South Philly all the way to Federal Street to buy soft pretzels there" I used to imbibe a few "pops" at the old Dic kens Inn and the Artful Dodger back in my glory days. As you can tell from the previous posts, I bleed Kelly Green, there is no team BUT the Philadelphia Eagles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:U...ft_Pretzel.jpg

Breyer's ice cream is still sold here and is one of the best. I don't recall the store, it may be before my time.

Historic sites, forget about it! I've been to those places so many times they think I'm Ben Franklin. LMAO! My grandfather would take me every weekend to Old City. I've already told the story on here that I met Grace Kelly outside Besty Ross' house back in 1976 (The Bicentennial Celebration). I swear that I was the one who cracked the Liberty Bell.

You should go back, especially if you've got kids. It really is an underrated town. I think people don't like to deal with the traffic on those tiny colonial streets and alleyways. Plus the heat during the summer is rough. However, my in-laws from North Jersey come and visit at Thanksgiving and they love it.

I saw two Pope's come through here. Met some fairly famous people and went to school with a few others. What can I say? I love Philly.
    Took my kids when they were young.
    Yes, I know what s**** ple is...actually liked it though have not eaten it for many years...and Dad did not tell us what we were eating back then.
    As for the ice cream store, it may have been Bauer's or something else...just cannot remember so thought it was maybe Breyer's.
    It was in the 60s. Most of my family is gone but my aunt moved to Naples, Florida and still cannot miss an Eagles game. She is 84.
    And those pretzels...nothing better than the Philly ones though I can get a small fix from the ones at Buffalo Wild Wings.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

The Eagles are going to the Super Bowl!!!!!!

Fly! Eagles! Fly!

Quote Originally Posted by DelawareGhost View Post
    The Eagles are going to the Super Bowl!!!!!!

Fly! Eagles! Fly!
    Fly, Eagles, Fly! On the road to victory.

Fight Eagles fight

Score a touchdown 1, 2, 3

Hit'em low, Hit'em high

and watch our Eagles fly.

Fly, Eagles, Fly!

On the road to victory!

E-A-G-L-E-S, Eagles!

This is it Ghost! I can feel it in my bones. This our time!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast