Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Player Introductions!

New Player Introductions!

Hi everyone,

I received some good feedback about adding a thread that would be dedicated to new player introductions. If you are new and want to introduce yourself to the forum, this is the place to do it. A sample of what information you might want to share:

Name or Nickname
    Current Secret Passages Level
    What you are currently working on in Secret Passages / What your current goal is in Secret Passages
    Where you are from
    A few welcome sentences about yourself

Please note that you don't necessarily need to share all of the above information if you don't want to - this is just a starting point and you can customize to fit your needs. The goal is to give new and established forum members a starting point to jump into the forums and help each other.

We can customize as we go, but for now I think this should stay on topic as only new member introductions that way nobody gets left out and the thread doesn't become extremely long with off topic discussions.

So new members... post away!

Hi All

Great idea! Thanks for implementing it, Brian

I'm VOTP, or in SE's parlance, Votty.
    My Current Secret Passages Level is 45
    My current goal is in Secret Passages saving up 12,000 rubies to open the 4th slot on Maddie's Magical Compass
    I'm from California, but I live in Vermont, via Chicago and Brooklyn ;^)
    I'm an educational product developer, writer, and teacher of eBook formatting.

Intrepid Explorer
    Welcome votp, my game name is TRANZAC. I am originally from Auckland New Zealand, now living in Toronto Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by KIWICANUCK View Post
    Welcome votp, my game name is TRANZAC. I am originally from Auckland New Zealand, now living in Toronto Canada.
    Hi Tranzac - nice to meet you!

Longtime Tapper
    Last edited by PvilleCA; 12-09-16 at 02:10 AM.

Longtime Tapper
    Hi, I'm Drumlyn, (a play on my name as well as the geological formations produced by receding glaciers, "drumlins"). Some longtime players are looking for a correspondence name for me, it looks like it will be "Drummer", "Drum" or maybe "Drummie"(which has a precedent).

I'm at level 53 and am presently working on a level 6 (or 7?) aquamarine which I will combine with my 8 Level to reduce my upgrade costs by 20%.

I live in Quebec (Canada, "the big one on the top" as AlanThicke once remarked).
    And arrived in my beautiful rural area via Philadelphia, the Jersey shore, Syracuse and Montreal.

I work in the education sector.

This forum has been invaluable to me.

Thanks.

Kia ora from New Zealand. I joined the forum in February but had been playing for 3 months before then. I am on Level 26 and working on completing the DR although I have several sites open in other places which are being ignored for now. I have found this forum of great help and full of kindly sages who are willing to share their knowledge and experience with flounderers like myself. I have been retired for almost 20 years and am well into the 70's. My memory is not what it was and it is great to have this forum as a resource. Three cheers for PGBrian!
    ".....the trouble with small furry animals in a corner is that, just occasionally, one of them's a mongoose."

Hi Pville CA, Drumlyn, and Nemesis. Nice to meet you.

Btw, I'm now VoiceofthePhoenix (votp spelled out) in Game Center, hence the rankings.

Longtime Tapper
    Welcome, votp, where in Vermont? i'm not far from the border.

Hi everyone,

I've had a few people wonder about if they are able to welcome players to the forum in this thread. I don't think this will be a problem - however I do want to stress that if a new member posts in this thread and has a game issue or needs help with a certain part of the game we move that to another individual thread.

On that note - welcome all new members so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Drumlyn View Post
    Welcome, votp, where in Vermont? i'm not far from the border.
    Thanks, Drumlyn. Just outside of Burlington; i.e., closer to Montreal than to Boston ;^)

Hi my name is carolsoccer11 and live in Minnesota. I am at level 80 but don't know a lot about the new areas or how to further along my quests. Are there rules somewhere I could read. (Better late than never) Also, can I interrupt constructing an anvil, to construct an imperfect gem, without losing the anvil.

Hi all, I am new to the forum, posting that is. I've been a forum reader for a while now. I'm currently residing in Phoenix, AZ and I'm a stay at home mom of twins. They are 23 months now and are currently at the stage of "painting with poo is FUN", and random temper trantrums for no reason, but I get to escape for a few minutes a day to play the game.
    I think I'm on level 68 or so. Not real sure. My current goal is to get all my ruby sites to level 5 and get my 3rd level 10 gems for digging, score, and cost. I'm pretty close. All my ruby sites are level 3 or 4 now and all my third gems are flawless or above.

Hi everyone, my name is Stacy. I'm from Michigan. I was only at level 35 with 4 worlds open when my IPhone quit working. I switched to an android and just recently started playing again. I didn't know about this wonderful forum until recently . I would like to get at least this first world level out of the way quickly as it is a bit boring only because I know it all already. I was almost finished with the nights realm when the third poped up and my phone crashed. Now I see there is another. I can't wait to explore new areas. I do want to get enough rubies this time to unlock Maddie's compass before moving on to the nights realm.

Quote Originally Posted by slsutter View Post
    Hi everyone, my name is Stacy. I'm from Michigan. I was only at level 35 with 4 worlds open when my IPhone quit working. I switched to an android and just recently started playing again. I didn't know about this wonderful forum until recently . I would like to get at least this first world level out of the way quickly as it is a bit boring only because I know it all already. I was almost finished with the nights realm when the third poped up and my phone crashed. Now I see there is another. I can't wait to explore new areas. I do want to get enough rubies this time to unlock Maddie's compass before moving on to the nights realm.
    welcome, stacy! i guess we'll see you in the re-starters / android club

Hello and welcome to Carol, Agave and Stacy! We may all have missed your first posts when they came online, especially if you had to wait awhile for approval.

Carol, unfortunately there is no way to pause the tinker while he's working, nor is there a "manual" for the game. i remember being very confused and frustrated when I first started. Fortunately, I found this forum and spent a lot of time reading various threads to get an idea of how I should proceed to progress in the game. You can use the search function to enter a keyword if you are looking for something in particular such as "ruby trades". I'm basically at the same level as you are and am working now on upgrading all of my ruby sites in both day realm (DR) and night realm (NR). I haven't done very much in City of Secrets (CoS) or Epoch Grove since they don't generate ruby relics. I skip 95% of the CoS quests currently since I don't want to use my rubies to open the dig sites there until I finish DR & NR. But everybody has a different plan of attack and plays the game their own way. That's why reading through various threads will give you a variety of strategies, and you can decide which will work best for you.

To all of you, always feel free to ask any question. There will be forum members who can help you out!
    iPad Air 2
    Gamecenter ID: wildflourgirl

Hello and welcome to both Carol and Agavegrl! Great to have you in forum!
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

great catch, mrsflobob, and welcome to carol and agave!

Welcome all! Agave just down from you in Tucson area. Nice to see someone else from the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Agavegrl View Post
    Hi all, I am new to the forum, posting that is. I've been a forum reader for a while now. I'm currently residing in Phoenix, AZ and I'm a stay at home mom of twins. They are 23 months now and are currently at the stage of "painting with poo is FUN", and random temper trantrums for no reason, but I get to escape for a few minutes a day to play the game.
    I think I'm on level 68 or so. Not real sure. My current goal is to get all my ruby sites to level 5 and get my 3rd level 10 gems for digging, score, and cost. I'm pretty close. All my ruby sites are level 3 or 4 now and all my third gems are flawless or above.
    Agavegrl:

Welcome to the forum! Nice to have you here.

Are you the same "agavegrl" who finished high up the leaderboard in a couple of the world events? I seem to remember seeing that/your name in a few of my groups fairly recent. If so, nice job, especially being at just Level 68 or so. Again, if that was you, maybe you could share some advice on the forum for players at your level playing in the World Events? Tell them how you prepared.

You seem to have a pretty good handle on the strategy part of the game, at least from reading what you wrote. If you have any questions, ask away. There are no bad questions on the forum. We'll all give you our opinions.

Good luck!
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Quote Originally Posted by carolsoccer11 View Post
    Hi my name is carolsoccer11 and live in Minnesota. I am at level 80 but don't know a lot about the new areas or how to further along my quests. Are there rules somewhere I could read. (Better late than never) Also, can I interrupt constructing an anvil, to construct an imperfect gem, without losing the anvil.
    Carolsoccer11:

Hello and welcome to the forum. My daughter's name is Carole. Excellent name. Better still, one of the best players of Secret Passages comes from Minnesota (Dr. Tammy). Maybe you'll surpass her? Never can tell.

Mrsflobob answered your questions. However, if you have more, feel free to ask. It costs nothing and we'll talk your ear off for free! Remember, there are no bad questions or opinions in the forum.

Nice to have you here and good luck!

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Quote Originally Posted by slsutter View Post
    Stacy:

Welcome to the forum! Your last sentence is a wise choice. The Compass can help you tremendously in this game. And, yes, "enough rubies" is always the case. I have always maintained that the most important game programmed asset is rubies (intangibly speaking, time may be the most important asset in this game).

Glad to see that your game is back on-line. Similar crashes have occurred to a lot of players and most of us have experienced some type of reported error. You just have to deal with it, like you've done, and move forward - make progress.

Nice to have you here. If you have any questions, just shout them out on the forum. We'll get you an answer.

Good luck!

Just read up on the new forumer and got a pleasant surprise to see how many new names appear here.
    As we were originally asked nicely to let you all have your first post then we could welcome you individually when you joined your first thread I kept quiet. Now I see Brian snuck in and gave us permission to say high here so a belated HI ALL.

I understand that the original idea for this thread still stands. So it is a welcome thread and then come on in the waters fine. We are waiting to say hi on whatever thread you would like to post on.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Hey, Tucson's great! Just moved from Sahuarita last December. I would have preferred to stay. I'll be heading down in February for the rock show though.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Igotta, yep, that was me. You really fought me for 1st place in that dig event. But I do ok. Usually I just shoot for the top 20 so I can get the rubies and drops without having to go crazy with losing resources.
    AT FREE!!!!!!
    Level: 103
    Current goal: Earn enough rubies to buy enough superfruits so I can make my run for the billionare bandits.

Quote Originally Posted by Agavegrl View Post
    Hey, Tucson's great! Just moved from Sahuarita last December. I would have preferred to stay. I'll be heading down in February for the rock show though.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Igotta, yep, that was me. You really fought me for 1st place in that dig event. But I do ok. Usually I just shoot for the top 20 so I can get the rubies and drops without having to go crazy with losing resources.
    Agavegrl:

Well hell, girl, now that I know that you bring the heat I'll stay out of your way. LOL. Seriously, though, I tend to remember those that impress me in the world events. You were impressive in the Engagement Ring digging event. Not only did you beat me (3rd place), but you beat Twocats77 (who is not yet on the forum) who is a very good event player in their own right. Nice job with that 1st place finish. You should try the Billionaire Challenge at some point. Top-20 is always good, but top-5 (now, top-2) rocks. What level are you on in the game and where's your progress on each of the realms?

BTW - Love your signature. You may actually be more of an addict and have more stamina than Widget and I combined. LMAO! Good for you.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast