Page 2 of 135 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Some good Strategies for everyone.

Wow, great stuff Elle and Dr. Tammy. I thought I was addicted Dr. Tammy. LOL. I almost gave up for Top 20 and higher so am happy with Top 50 or Top 100. Great advice, thanks so much. For being an everyday regular player, I got a late start crafting gems. Only have one level 10 Garnet. Every one else between 3-8. Since the Tinkers Workshop began, I have concentrated on getting all up to 10 ASAP. Just get tired of the same old searches. Plus, I am on impatient sole and hate waiting for 5 days without being able to craft anything else. My biggest beef with the game is that multiple gems can't be crafted at the same time.
    Jimbo

My friend has a trophy wife, but I don' think it was first place.......

The closest I get to a food diary is my shirt at the end of the day......

A piņata that doesn't break is broken......

Today someone knocked on my door asking for a donation to the local swimming pool, so I gave him a glass of water......

Jimbo, I also have fairly good rhythm and can usually score around 700,000 to 750,000 with my 3 level 9 sapphires. Even the 4 days was hard to wait. Not sure when I will be up to all the 5 day crafting I have waiting. In the meantime, I will craft what is necessary for the level 10's.

Thanks Elle and DrTammy. Great advice to get high scores. Wow, and I thought I was addicted DrTammy!!! LOL For being a long time player, really got a late start crafting gems. Hated the long waiting times. My biggest beef with this game is that you can only craft one thing at time. Really hampers the fun.
    Jimbo

Today someone knocked on my door asking for a donation to the local swimming pool, so I gave him a glass of water......

TopMom, did you get an answer from Brian yet?
    Jimbo

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretJimbo View Post
    Hi Deb and Rosemary, thanks so much for the welcome. Ever since I have started this game, I have never had more than 150 shovels. Seems like there is always something to dig for that wastes a lot of shovels. PT's are another one. Seem to really fly through those. I am amazed at how many times I get a mummy on the second row. There is usually only one in that row and I always seem to find it. When I finally get to the last row, I am so happy about just getting there, I don't even care if I get a mummy!! I am excited about the Ad watching quest with the reward of 1509 shovels. Am currently at 748 and still a month and a half away. Yikes.

Hello Jimbo welcome to the forum,

PG must really like you if they are going to give you 1509 shovels after you watch 1,000 ads. What is the "secret" formula you are using to get them to do that.

Hi jimbo, my advice would be not to craft too many jewels step by step in the moment. Go for the sunstones, the emerald, the garnet and the aquas until pg fixes the game. Otherwise the game might destroy itself. The other advice is to ignore the events and enjoy your weekend. I won one event, it takes an insane amount of time and it's not worth it.

Sorry Cyber, my fat fingers typed the 1509. It is 150 just like everyone else. Missed the typo. Love your advice, Kate. Gave me a chuckle. I have finished in the top ten once. Thrilled with Top 50, usually Top 100 without ruining my weekend!! After seeing what Dr Tammy does to win, I guess I must say that I love sleep way too much to play around the clock. Good for her though. That is commitment!! Thanks for the nice welcome everyone.

Tip for the day: Watch the coffee and superfruits. They occasionally go "on sale" and you can pick them up cheap. Like to keep a stock on hand. I check that slot everyday.
    Jimbo

Exactly, this is a game, not a job, have fun. One day it will be completed.

The energy doesn't go on sale, if you don't use it, the price will drop within days - 3,400 is the lowest price for 20 super fruits - watch the pricing after using them. It rises constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretJimbo View Post
    TopMom, did you get an answer from Brian yet?
    No still waiting. I have an iPad2 and am wondering (and will have to research) about the wisdom of upgrading my iOS. I know some apps require more than the 6. Just keep hoping the current ones I am using keep supporting iOS 6,

Jimbo, your enthusiasm is a breath of fresh air and I love your "tip for the day". Please keep me smiling
    I am officially an olbie, as named by Cossie.

Level 118 ipad Air2. 64gb IOS 8.1.3 Forgot to smell the roses

Second game: ipad 4 16gb IOS 8.1.3 Level 61

Yeah, what Debz said...

I see you with a megaphone...wearing a sweater with a big "SP "on it...

Intrepid Explorer
    Only one tip per day? Awww.
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

OK, got a reply from Brian. They do NOT recommend deleting and installing! Being saved to Pocket ID "SHOULD" take care of this, but use only as a "last resort". Guess I will only do this if I have to upgrade from iOS 6.

Of course not, it's not working properly. Why do you have to save the game if you upgrade - of course is saving the game a good idea (file and iTunes)? If it's because of missing space, there are other options. Also be careful if you delete and restore your device due to missing capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    Of course not, it's not working properly. Why do you have to save the game if you upgrade - of course is saving the game a good idea (file and iTunes)? If it's because of missing space, there are other options. Also be careful if you delete and restore your device due to missing capacity.
    I don't have enough space on my iPad to upgrade from iOS 6 unless I delete some apps. Guess I will just not upgrade until the games I play stop working. My SP takes up 2 gig. It's only a 16 gig iPad. There are pictures I just can't get off the iPad. They won't erase (I'll have to go to an Apple store to get help) I have music my iTunes won't pick up when I sync. And I don't have the cd's anymore. Everything combined, I have 1 gig left. I am writing to all my games to see what they say about deleting and reinstalling. I play one game (Awakening Kingdoms) that the only way I can upgrade is to delete and reinstall. They have no problems and I have not lost anything by doing so.

Is iCloud or the iCloud sync switched on? If it is, the photos act like a boomerang. The photo app does also have a trash, which means you have to delete a photo twice otherwise you can recover it within 30 days. You can also delete apps that don't contain data, as long as they are available, you can download them for free.

Debbiliz, I always try to keep people smiling!! Beats the alternative.

TopMom, so glad you heard back. Glad you did not risk it.

I will keep the "Tips of the Day" coming. I know all you the old timers probably know a lot of them, but there is so much going on in this game, I still like to be reminded of the little things. Salmo, maybe I should change my Logon to MegaphoneJim. Seems to fit. Just ask my wife. She is always telling me to go tell it to the rooftop!!

Tip of the Day: If you have ventured into the City of Secrets, it is a good place to get a change of scenery from "shard" charging!!
    I have found that if I focus on getting the site to 5 keys, it will take about 2-5 plays per key for the first three keys and about 6-8 plays per key for the last two keys. After the last key is complete, I go right to shadow mode and keep the good rhythm. I find that it is completed in a lot less searches than if I leave it and come back to it. I usually save this for between "gem cooks".
    Jimbo

Intrepid Explorer
    Hey Terminator (I think it's an 18 film, so by rights you shouldn't have seen it) did you see you made the great mathematician list in post #1? No sign of me anywhere . You're back just in time, I was thinking of nominating Jimbo as Sheriff.

Jimbo, as you've read all my posts (poor you!), you won't be surprised that I tested the coin -> coin -> power token 80% of the time claim. Not looking good I'm afraid.
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

GD, I had a good giggle at the mathematician reference as well

Loving todays tip, I keep dipping in and out of CoS, so that's where I'm going wrong. Will make an effort to not be such a flibbertigibbet and focus on one area.

Quote Originally Posted by grave digger View Post
    Hey Terminator (I think it's an 18 film, so by rights you shouldn't have seen it) did you see you made the great mathematician list in post #1? No sign of me anywhere . You're back just in time, I was thinking of nominating Jimbo as Sheriff.
    answered in order.
    Yes it is and I didn't see it, I am just a sucker for punch lines( not punch I am not using that word any more). Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more.
    Why should there be any sign of you when I am much prettier, more erudite, funnier, n other stuff? I also do a good line in tongues glued to cheeks. Just because you are SLIGHTLY better at maths than I am.....
    I did offer to stand down several weeks ago but as I am also prettier etc. from above so Jimbo can go.... well he cannot have my badge.
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 03-06-15 at 05:57 AM.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Hey everyone,

I'm going to apologize ahead of time just in case there was a better thread for this question - I looked - honest, but couldn't find one.

Has anyone figured out any tricks to get power-ups working when they just won't go on, no matter how much you tap on them? I'm trying to do the Mayan search in 17 seconds, and just can't enable my power ups. What's even worse is that sometimes I can enable a power up just once or twice during the course of the search - which is a total waste of power ups (especially when it happens for several searches) since it still doesn't allow me to accomplish the quest. This has happened many times before, but I am starting to lose my patience with it. Any ideas?

I've tried restarting the game and even a hard shut down of the iPad, but neither of these worked.

Oh yes, and welcome Jimbo! I'm relatively new to the forum too.
    Last edited by Tangled; 03-06-15 at 07:01 AM.

Tangled...I do a crisp tap on the number instead of the power up icon and it works like a charm for me...

Tangi.
    Quick answer. Search faster.
    No! You don't like that answer? I wonder why say she in amazement.
    Someone just posted somewhere (shrugs shoulders in a very French fashion) that if you hit the number at the top of the blue clock it works better.
    We really ought to be nagging (me! I never nag, honest) the PTP to sort this out. More and more people are having the same frustration. To try something radical that sort of worked slightly for me. Clean your screen. I know it is not the reason for the sticking, I am not saying that, but it does help.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Tangled - I find a quick double tap works better for me (apologies Sal if I'm dragging up memories of the dreaded tap dancing classes)

Quote Originally Posted by Debbiliz View Post
    Tangled - I find a quick double tap works better for me (apologies Sal if I'm dragging up memories of the dreaded tap dancing classes)
    Thanks to those dreadful lessons, I'm quite graceful...lol

Page 2 of 135 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast