Page 1 of 135 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Some good Strategies for everyone.

Some good Strategies for everyone.

Hi Fellow posters.

I am new to the forums, but let me introduce myself. I am Jimborang. Jimbo for short. I am a two plus year player of SP and currently have the following status.

Level=111
    Coins=155+million Moonstones=1.8 Million Rubies =1690 Shovels=17 Power Tokens= 7 Candy bars=62 Coffee=39 Super Fruit=45 Ads to watch to get 150 shovels= 718/1000 Wrenches= 72/200 Iron Ore= 260 in backpack Ruby tree seeds completed = 7 (70 rubies per day) Water drops= 73/100

Day realm= All areas complete with most at 4 stars both gold and silver.
    Night realm= All areas complete with most at 4 stars both gold and silver About 25 areas left to get to 5 silver stars.
    CofS= all levels attained with most single areas at 5/5 with regular and shadow play. Only areas not really finished are the main areas that take so long to complete.

Emerald=Lvl 8 Sapphire=Lvl 6 Diamond= Lvl 8 Quartz= Lvl 4 Sandstone= Lvl 6 Garnet= Lvl 10 Aqamarine= Lvl 5+4 Plus about 15-20 lower levels of stones. Just put highest level achieved.

I tell everyone my summary to let you all know that I have played this game a lot!!!!

I have gone through all of your trials and tribulations and want to give fellow contributors some strategies I have used;

I usually complete all of the daily tasks even though some (as pointed out on this forum) do not make sense. Spend 10 PT to earn 2 doesn't make sense but it is part of the fun. As you can tell, I am a "Completionist" as some coined earlier in the forum last year.

I am continually short of shovels and PT's and rubies. Never seem to have enough.

At night, I always equip the garnet to get my energy level to 124. When I play in the morning, I equip the emerald in place of the garnet to get my 6 searches. Whenever I leave the game, I re-equip the garnet. Whenever I upgrade, I equip the level 5 Aquamarine in the first slot and level 4 in the second slot. This makes upgrading a lot cheaper. I does matter to put level 5 first and then the level 4. It is accumulative, so it is cheaper. I am in the process of getting them to level 10 ASAP.

Professor P, thank you so much for your posts on lists. It should be required reading for everyone. The math from both you and Spanish Eyes have really been amazing. Just the calculating times alone help with strategies.

On Global Events: I always try to start these as soon as I see it appear. Tuesday afternoon and Thursday afternoon are the key times here in the USA. If I get off to a quick start, especially if it is just a scoring challenge, I find I can consistently show up in either top 50 or 100. Never have finished over Top 200. It is the main way I get my rubies.

I will post some more of my secrets in another post. Always feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Welcome to the forum!

Oooh...more secrets, can't wait...

Thanks, Salmo23, I appreciate the warm greetings. Here are a few more tips I constantly use:

On Global Events, I always try to save a few shovels (5-10) to use about 15 minutes before the expiration time of the event. I have been shut out of a level due to last minute players. I move from Top 50 to Top 100 even though I thought I was safe. Cost me dearly a few times. Ever since I have done this, I seem to stay in my zone and not get shut out of the extra level bonus.

On City of Secrets: I make sure I always have my highest level Quartz equipped. Seems to get me higher scores which in turn helps me get to the level 5 quicker. This seems to be especially true when completing just the single areas. The larger 3 level sites seem to take forever to complete no matter what I equip.

The dig sites: With over 10,000 digs under my belt, I have tried to see patterns. Some of these are pretty consistent and, do not work all the time:
    Power tokens often come after a worthless coin drop. If it doesn't come right after, usually another coin drop occurs and then the PT seems drop about 80 per cent of the time. PT's often arise in the slot where a candy bar has appeared. Often time I will get two PT's in the slot right after a candy bar. If I am looking for rubies, they are the toughest to predict. I usually am hit or miss on them but they seem to appear far more in Oxford Dig Site than any other dig site that you may have open.

More coming later. Got lots to share.
    Jimbo

I hope when I inevitably choke to death on gummy bears people just say I was killed by bears and leave it at that....

I read a survey that said 82% of people enjoy being cuddled. But if the people on this bus are any indication, the real figure is, like 0%

My other body is in the Photoshop...

I drink straight out a of the wine bottle while cooking. I think that's what they mean by reducing it.

Thanks Jimbo and welcome! Do you, or anyone else, know if I have saved my game and have the iCloud backup, if I delete game and then reinstall will my game come back, or am I taking a HUGE chance? I ask because my game takes 2 gig and I cannot update any other apps. I have deleted everything I can and still not enough room. Thanks

Ah, TM...I don't know if I would venture into that territory...if memory serves, aren't you still running iOS 6?...

@Secret Jim...it must be synchronicity...I need to find rubies for my daily quest and after many digs in the site I'm trying to complete without success, I thought "try Oxford" and you mention that in your post...

Hi Topmom,

Thanks for the greetings. I have read a ton of your posts. You are a player!!

Here is what has happened to me in the past. I play mainly on my IPhone and rarely on my IPad. When I have saved my game under the "setting/account" tab, I have been able to recoup my game on any device. I have lost my game due to IPhone issues a couple of times and just went back to log in with my account and it came back. Now, I would check with PGBrian first to see if you can bring it down from the cloud when you "delete" the game. I would hate to give you bad advice only because after reading this forum for a long time, Nobody seems to have consistent results of ANYTHING. My game has always come back intact when I switched phones etc... Hope this helps.
    Jimbo

I hope when I inevitably choke to death on gummy bears people just say I was killed by bears and leave it at that....

I read a survey that said 82% of people enjoy being cuddled. But if the people on this bus are any indication, the real figure is, like 0%

I drink straight out a of the wine bottle while cooking. I think that's what they mean by reducing it.

Salmo

Seems when I need rubies, they never come!! I finished that same task this morning using my strategy and got rubies after the third dig. Lucky for a change. When I really need them, I will stay on the same slot until I see a shovel or a ruby drop in one of the other slots. I don't know if it is me, but rubies seem to follow shovels a lot of the time. Rubies will often follow rubies. I would say 10%-20% of the time. Not great odds, but better than random. The same seems to hold true when looking for those tough dig site "slot three" relics in the COS. If you get one, they often will follow with another one in the same slot.
    Jimbo

Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post
    Ah, TM...I don't know if I would venture into that territory...if memory serves, aren't you still running iOS 6?.....
    Yes, iOS 6, still because I don't have storage available to update. Something's gotta go!

Quote Originally Posted by Topmom52 View Post
    Yes, iOS 6, still because I don't have storage available to update. Something's gotta go!
    I would most certainly run it by Brian before proceeding...he seems genuinely interested in assisting players with their various issues...

Topmom, I tried it a while ago when I had to give up my old ipad 2 and had to use an ipad mini instead, saved the game in the cloud, then reopening it on a the new device and had no problems, but maybe that was because I so to speak copied the contents of ipad 2 to ipad mini....after a few weeks I did it one more time returning to the ipad 2 - the screen and pictures and thingies to find are definitely bigger

Hi there, Secretjimbo, greetings from the other side of the world - it made me kind of happy to read that there is another person out there also constantly short of shovels and PTs...sometimes I got the feeling that everybody else was just wallowing in them.
    And now for something completely different....

I PM'd Brian. Hopefully I get an answer soon. Thanks.

Welcome Jimbo. As a fellow completionist (great word) I also finish tasks even if they have no benefit to me whatsoever. I try and ignore them but they keep invading my conciousness with their evil tempting ways
    I am officially an olbie, as named by Cossie.

Level 118 ipad Air2. 64gb IOS 8.1.3 Forgot to smell the roses

Second game: ipad 4 16gb IOS 8.1.3 Level 61

And I do most of the quests. But if I find a part 3/3 that requires a search for which I have no trade and just rewards me with building material for a dig site I've already finished, then I don't feel compelled to finish it. This doesn't happen often, but currently that describes Bermuda on Board ;-)

PS - welcome Jimbo!
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

Quote Originally Posted by Debbiliz View Post
    Welcome Jimbo. As a fellow completionist (great word) I also finish tasks even if they have no benefit to me whatsoever. I try and ignore them but they keep invading my conciousness with their evil tempting ways
    Same here Debz...

@Jimbo...just completed the ruby requirement for the daily quest...found them in Oxford after only a few digs...

Hi Deb and Rosemary, thanks so much for the welcome. Ever since I have started this game, I have never had more than 150 shovels. Seems like there is always something to dig for that wastes a lot of shovels. PT's are another one. Seem to really fly through those. I am amazed at how many times I get a mummy on the second row. There is usually only one in that row and I always seem to find it. When I finally get to the last row, I am so happy about just getting there, I don't even care if I get a mummy!! I am excited about the Ad watching quest with the reward of 1509 shovels. Am currently at 748 and still a month and a half away. Yikes.
    Jimbo

Way to go Salmo. Glad the tip worked. Whenever I need a ruby, usually Oxford comes through for me.

New Dig Tip: Whenever a power-up is requested for a quest, I go to a trade search and go to the site that has the relic I need for the trade. At that site, I use what ever power up is needed in the quest two to three times. I then go back to the dig site and stay on one slot. Almost always get the quest relic within 5-10 digs. Almost never fails for me. Now all of my power ups are at 250 except autofinds and timers. But it still seems to work.
    Jimbo

Welcome and thanks for the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbiliz View Post
    That will be me one day, right now I have too much that needs to get done to throw away shovels and power tokens.

On a side note that I really haven't seen discussed very often is the topic of High Scores on the Global Events. For example, on the event today, I have about 21 million points, so I should reach the level for two shovels sometime tonight. How does one reach the 105 Million level in two days? Most of the time I may reach 110 rubies but never above that. I want to find out some ideas. I usually score somewhere between 300,000 and 420,000 on any given search. Must be doing something wrong.
    Jimbo

3 L10 sapphires enabled and searching a jewel fragment site like the mines with a good rhythm can get you 700-850,000 on a search depending on the number of fragments When I was really going for a search event I searched jewel fragment sites exclusively. if you can string a chain of 19 ( 16 relics plus 3 fragments) it adds up pretty quickly.
    Farewell, everyone.

I wish you good fortune in the game.

Even more than that, I wish you joy and well being in the real world.

Y

Thanks Pie, knew you would come through. But even with your math and the turnaround time to refresh the energy, 105 Million is a chore. PG must want you to use a ton of coffee and super fruits for one to reach those lofty goals. In app purchases is the name of this game I guess.
    Jimbo

Intrepid Explorer
    Hi Jimbo, quite an entrance, I must say! I'm not quite sure what to make of it to be honest...
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

Professor P, I see you are currently upgrading the Circus at 75%. I laughed when I saw that. I am at 80% and refuse to spend the rubies on the Disappearing Act until I get Three level 10 Aquamarines. Hate to think of spending 2500 rubies on a level two star!! With your tip on the Level 10 Sapphires, I may have to re-think my approach. I know you are not a fan of Quartz' , but I seem to get higher scores with my measly level 4 while I start to craft the Sapphires. Three level 10 will take me months. Better start collecting in Russia again to build up my pink lozenges!!
    Jimbo

Hi Gravedigger, Just trying to pass along some tips. I have been an avid reader of all of your posts and this forum in general. I have found them to be really helpful. I have been a "taker" from this forum way too long. With Pietrpahns help, I decided to become a "giver" . Have played this game for so long (I believe 2-3 weeks after intro as an app for Iphone) I never would have come so far without all of the great people of this little community.
    Jimbo

Quote Originally Posted by SecretJimbo View Post
    Thanks Pie, knew you would come through. But even with your math and the turnaround time to refresh the energy, 105 Million is a chore. PG must want you to use a ton of coffee and super fruits for one to reach those lofty goals. In app purchases is the name of this game I guess.
    Welcome, Jim!
    105 million is a chore! I have 3 level 10 sapphires equipped and play every two hours round the clock during search events. I did not get this individual search event until the next morning. Because I missed out on the first entire night of searches, I will have to use probably 6 candy bars to reach the maximum rewards. On other occasions, when I got the event within minutes of it going live and I had full energy, I finished the maximum score needed with hours to spare. Of course that was also before they significantly increased the amount needed. When I played the weekend search events (I recently gave up playing them to give others a chance for the top 10 rewards because I have everything upgraded fully), I would use a combination of maybe 100 candy bars + 40 coffees + 10 superfruit...whatever was necessary to get into the top 2 spots so I wouldn't get kicked out of the top 5. With individual search events, I am not kicking anyone else out of top spots to achieve the maximum rewards, so I am going for it this time!

All that boiled down to one sentence:
    To do well in search events, you have to play
    *every two hours, without fail, around the clock
    *with 3 level 10 sapphires equipped
    *and possibly burn a lot of extra energy. Whew!
    Level 117

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tammy View Post
    To do well in search events, you have to play
    *every two hours, without fail, around the clock
    *with 3 level 10 sapphires equipped
    *and possibly burn a lot of extra energy. Whew!
    Hello and welcome Jim.

I'm pretty much going to ditto Dr T's comments here with regards to my strategy for the weekend events. I've never really paid attention to the mid week events, so I won't comment.

I've got a good rhythm with the searches and can do them in about 20 seconds. If searching where we can find fragments, and I always to that for events, even if I no longer need them, with my 3 sapphires I can easily reach the 7/800,000 scores mentioned above.

The searching event is the only one that i've ever had any interest in, and unfortunately, that's the one we seem to get the least. If one happens on a weekend when I have the time to play, I have fun with the challenge.
    Device: iPad2 w/ iOS 7.1.1
    SP v2.24-363,0 Prod Level 117 / Support ID: AYLR7TJHZZ (Game is Broken)

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 w/ KitKat 4.4.2
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

Page 1 of 135 1231151101 ... LastLast