Thread: 2015: Apple adjusts app store prices in Europe and Canada

Exclamation 2015: Apple adjusts app store prices in Europe and Canada

Anyone who plays games or buys apps in the Apple app store in Europe or Canada may have recently noticed that prices have gone up or changed recently. This was an adjustment done by Apple in response to recent fluctuations in currency exchanges.

Here's an article by Bloomberg that gives it a bit more context: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-0...cy-swings.html

Anyways, just wanted to let you know that these price changes were done by Apple and not individual developers (Pocket Gems or otherwise). Sorry for any confusion about this!

Longtime Tapper
    Hi Laurie. Thanks for the post. I hope you will allow me to make a number of comments and observations. Some aimed at Apple, but some aimed at PG for your reply please.

1) I contest that this has nothing to do with currency exchange rates. It has lots to do with raising profits IMO. Why? Well I bet you anything now they will not reduce these prices when the dollar weakens again (as it will). Time will tell.

2) 18 months ago I could get 2 USD for 1. Apple didn't decrease prices then in the Uk. Surprised? Nor me...

3) this gives USA players an unfair price advantage. In the uk we have seen price increases of up to 30% on tap paradise cove. These are not small increases.

4) as the Apple Statement just covers prices, I hope PG will equal things out by giving players in affected countries an increased number of rubies/other in app purchases to leave a level playing field

5) I'm still unclear why is this the only game of ten that I play to increase its prices. Did PG just roll over? Did PG add any mark up on the apple increases. I repeat 30% is a lot. Too much again to be explained away by currency fluctuations...

8) And Apple also announced that as a result of currency exchange rates they are decreasing prices in Iceland. Call me a cynic but population a couple of million versus the rest of Europe and Canada totalling how many billion....

This sucks. Big time.

If I recall it correctly, the European app-store was cheaper for a while because the first changes came quite late. Of course the last change was dramatical - I had to buy some business apps and Mac apps, so it's not just a few cent.

BUT: developers have a chance to boycott it and give their customers the same for their money if they really wanted. They can't change the pricing, but the amount of iac is flexible. It might make customers purchase less, but there is an option to make a change. I'm also not sure if apple is the only winning party, this would mean another change. Just saying.

Longtime Tapper
    Exactly Kate that is the point I made in point 4 above.

I hope Laurie or any other PG employee will come back and respond to this as it IS within their control...

I didn't read everything, but to summarise it, let's say that there is a win-win situation between apple and the developers. Apple will rather increase the pricing in the U.S. stores than decrease the pricing in the European stores.

Longtime Tapper
    Any response from pG on my points please?

Quote Originally Posted by Stumack View Post
    Any response from pG on my points please?
    Stu
    You are quite unlikely to get a response here or on any forum. Why not PM various PG people? Another solution could be not to purchase anything then the issue would be immaterial. I have found that IHP's are not needed in any PG game.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.