Thread: Getting started on 'Getting Started'

Intrepid Explorer

Getting started on 'Getting Started'

DuaKay and I will be getting started on 'Getting Started' in the New Year. We have some ideas for this section, but welcome suggestions and comments from all players.

The idea for the 'Getting Started' sub-forum is that it will provide information which will help new players and also be a place for new players to ask any questions they may have. All players will be welcome to post answers to any of the questions asked, so that gradually we will develop a collection of frequently asked questions, together with responses to them. Below are some of our ideas about the information that we could include. Please feel free to comment upon them - positively or negatively - we don't mind, but we would like your opinion.

Considered a walk-through of the beginning, but believe that PG now provides quite a good one. Could any new or fairly new players let us know if any extra information would be useful, please?

Explanation of the various parts of the AV screen.

Animal Voyage 'currency' - crystals, coins, leaves - what they are needed for and how to earn them.

Cookhouses, storehouses and workshops.

References to the other sub-forum sections for help with Animals, Quests & Regions, Features.

Technical issues - game centre, raising a ticket, saving your game, playing on more than one device, Wez Rud's 'shake' alternative, taking a screenshot and posting it on the forum. Any others?

Anything else that we should include?

We hope to develop this into a valuable resource for new players. Please help us to get started on it

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Can I just ask one question? I want to recruit the Maine Coone Cat, and bought crystals to cross the two bridges and then thought I could get the cat. it wants another 400 crystals to recruit?? I can't afford that and time is limited. is it because I have a "roo". Still needing another million plus in cash to build a home plus the time that it will take to finish....or is this the cost when you pay crystals to cross bridges that you still need a whole lot more crystals to recruit the animal. thank you. I might put in a PG request to refund me the bridge crossing Crystal costs and explain that I just didn't know the total cost and that, as they don't set out rules and guidelines, you just pay and pay and pay. thanks anyone who can answer my question. it looks like I'm caught between a rock and a hard place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley1994 View Post
    Can I just ask one question? I want to recruit the Maine Coone Cat, and bought crystals to cross the two bridges and then thought I could get the cat. it wants another 400 crystals to recruit?? I can't afford that and time is limited. is it because I have a "roo". Still needing another million plus in cash to build a home plus the time that it will take to finish....or is this the cost when you pay crystals to cross bridges that you still need a whole lot more crystals to recruit the animal. thank you. I might put in a PG request to refund me the bridge crossing Crystal costs and explain that I just didn't know the total cost and that, as they don't set out rules and guidelines, you just pay and pay and pay. thanks anyone who can answer my question. it looks like I'm caught between a rock and a hard place.
    Hi Dudley1994, please do submit an email if you already haven't - this sounds like it might be a bug. We can be reached here: http://www.pocketgems.com/support. Thank you!

Longtime Tapper
    Regarding the cat:
    It's because you still have an animal sitting on your dock waiting for the home to build. Normally when you cross the crystal bridges, you "rescue" the animal by playing minigames, bring it back to the dock, and build a house. It won't let you rescue an animal when you have an animal on the dock already, but it will always let you buy one for full store price.

PG Brian, thank you!!! I am so happy with my Maine Coone Cat. Happy Holidays and I really appreciate you helping me out.