2 8.33%
  • Crystal Trees

12 50.00%
  • Crystals

16 66.67%
  • Animal food

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Leaderboard Challenge Prizes: What do you want to see?

Leaderboard Challenge Prizes: What do you want to see?

Hi everyone!

I want to get some feedback on what you think would be good prizes for the Leaderboard challenges that we have been having weekly. Please vote in the poll and/or post suggestions in this thread - I will take this feedback to the team for upcoming Leaderboard challenges. Let me know if you have any questions!

Forgot to mention - you can choose multiple options in the poll, so please select your top choices if you have more than one!

Hi Brian- it would be great if the animals were able to travel to multiple regions. In addition if the animals won in challenges could give spacific prizes in mini games that would make them my enticing. For example, super fruit or possiblely tokens for energy in flower power etc... I also feel that energy fruit should not count in our food total especially if they are awarded as prizes like sickles. I also find it frustrating that today keys are still being awarded in the swipe game. Did you ever consider having special islands where only animals won in challanges could travel?

Very appreciated poll, i voted for the multiple region animals wishing for animals going especially to the last created regions: prairie, field, polar islands or even swampy basin and that clear everything. Personally i also would like to see animals of the special regions: homestead, dragon perch... Anyway anything in the poll would be good except food. Oh and why not? Limited edition decos
    Last edited by Littlegarden; 11-21-14 at 08:13 AM.
    Please add me on GC: Giggipiggi
    FS: Giuly

Longtime Tapper
    I can vote, but wanted to make some comments on the specific items on the poll. The answers people will give you depend on where they are in the game and which animals they already have.

Animals that have multiple regions: Not really a concern for me at this point. Most of the challenge animals eat blueberry treats, not blueberries, so I only feed them if I have extra food to use up (to make space in the warehouse) or while I'm unlocking their power-ups. Even if I wanted a multi-region animal as a challenge prize, we don't know what regions the animal visits during the challenge itself.

Region-specific animals: Again, not a big issue. However, I'd like the region to match the animal. I remain bewildered that the ghost grizzly bear is linked only to jungle. It's part of a group of Halloween ghost animals, released in October, and it's the only one that doesn't go to Haunted Forest as one of its regions. Why? (If, next month, you release a special version of the harp seal wearing an elf or Santa hat, I'll be equally bewildered if it doesn't go to Winter Wonderland.)

Just in general: For the animals, all we can judge in the leaderboard challenge is whether they might be "cute" or not. We don't know what they're going to eat, where they're going to go, what their houses look like, or even what a "whole body" shot would be. All we see is a headshot. You might want to change that if you want more people to try to win them. If not, I think making sure the picture we see of the animal is as attractive as possible would be a good move.

Decorations: The problem with decorations is that I can't figure out a way to get rid of them when I've bought them. So, say I decorated my island with a bunch of flowers, and now I have a prize animal I need to place where those flowers are. I don't care about the coins I spent, but I'd like a way to get rid of the decorations if I don't want them anymore. Getting decor as a prize from leaderboard challenges means more things I potentially can't get rid of and may have trouble placing.

Crystal Trees: Just not sure on this; have never bought one. 3 crystals/day seems so little. (On the other hand, my crystal accumulation strategy is based on the principle that every little bit helps.)

Crystals: Always popular, and, really, the reason I participate in these challenges. The problem with crystals as a prize for the higher categories is that people who win the top 10 prizes (say) really need to be buying crystals and using those to buy sickles to do that. This is not to say that 200 crystals is nothing. That said, let's look at return rates. DuaKay says she ends in the top 10 with 300 keys; I currently get about a 50% return rate on sickles -> keys (on average), and I don't miss many. Assume, then, that this represents 600 sickles. 600 sickles cost 1800 crystals (12*150), or roughly $50. 200 crystals isn't really much of a prize weighed against the 1800 you've already spent.

Animal food: I don't have much use for this. Maybe if I did missions I would? I don't have space for more food than I already have. At this point, I spend a lot of time divesting myself of unwanted food. I remember desperately wanting food earlier in the game, though.

Also: running challenges weekly is a bit overwhelming. If players are tapering off participation, realize that many people have trouble accumulating crystals, and probably are not going to spend them down to buy sickles every week. Yes, buying an animal will give you 40 sickles, but, again, if people are having trouble getting crystals, they're not going to buy animals every week, and so will have the 30 sickles they can earn for free. This is not enough to win an animal. In fact, I've yet to have 70 sickles be enough to win an animal. If people want the animals, the repeated failure to win will be discouraging.

Thank you so much PG BRIAN, I have voted for all EXCEPT FOOD too.

Thank you so much for making this very painless.

P.S

I find that having 3 prizes or even 4 prizes makes it more worthwhile. I spend a lot on crystals to buy sickles but once I reach my limit of buying 3 times (450 sickles plus the ones I get from challenges and also from my daily quotas, then I feel it is no longer worthwhile to get the TOP PRIZES, but again, I use my own strategy to play. I do not aim to be the TOP , just to stay safely in TOP 7. )

Also, please show us the name of the animal, what it can do , regions etc. It is only FAIR to know what it is we are winning, right?

If you count, winning 200 crystals, the animal (worth 400 crystals), hence 600 crystals is the PRIZE. The sickles challenges are getting MORE DIFFICULT to predict, so based more on PURE LUCK which I do not quite like , honestly.

If you give lets say, 200 crystals, plus two animals, (worth 800 crystals), hence 1K crystals is the PRIZE. This looks more attractive to me.

If you put 400 crystals, 200 Super Fruits and One Animal, then it is MOST ATTRACTIVE.

Again, ALL I am saying is that , I would like to see more fellow players ENJOYING CHALLENGES, so it all goes back to your PRIZES.

NOTE:

I get SO ANNOYED when after the challenges, I still get so many keys which is WORTHLESS to me compared to what others prizes, like crystals ( give another option of winning 10 crystals instead of just 5 all the time , just like Super Fruits) and of course, I always look for either crystals or COINS, and I think the COINS should be more too. To keep players like me who do spend my hard earned money on the game so that I can enjoy the game as it is a great way for me to relax, so I do not mind spending but it got to be WORTHWHILE.

NOTE 2:

I really feel that you should have SALES whenever you do these challenges as it will make it more AFFORDABLE for everyone who buys crystals like me. I do not mind spending , like I said but again, PG got to put themselves in our shoes. Much as I do not mind spending money on the game as to me , it is a BUSINESS for you, I want to get a good bargain too.
    Last edited by DuaKay; 11-20-14 at 08:28 PM. Reason: more thoughts
    Gaming is suppose to be relaxing and FUN. I do not get it when I paid real money for challenges not properly organized, the games keep kicking me out, lagging, BUGS and OVER PRICED stuffs. Hmmmmm..perhaps time to go back to reading. LOL

I did not vote because this is my feedback:
    I don't like the competitive key quests and I don't participate. I am saving my sickles from rescue quests for cooperative and/or map piece sickle quests, which I hope we see again in the near future.

Thanks for listening!

good response avocado.

i, too, voted, but want to add my two cents. i did not vote for animals and here is why: i think most of us who have downloaded this game did so to rescue the animals, all of the animals. having these rare, impossible-to-get animals is just not fun. i do not complain about crystals. i do not have the money to spend on them and am ecstatic at what the game deems fit to reward me. honestly, i find the number available overwhelming compared to premium currency in other games. knowing that if i'm patient, i'll be rewarded with enough crystals to buy that special animal is enough for me. these leaderboard challenges just doesn't give that option and makes me feel slighted. if the prizes were decorations or crystals (or even food, but please not food, unless you up that storage), i could get behind that, but understand players would be less likely to spend cash on that. i know and accept that you can't make everyone happy, just expressing my two cents.

on a semi-related note, as i've said before, i find challenges more fun if they're based on skill/dedication rather than luck/money, as with the bridge/community challenges you started with. if someone plays harder than me, i can't argue with them getting better prizes and in that kind of challenge, i might be more likely to use some of my hard-earned crystals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by starprof View Post
    I don't like the competitive key quests and I don't participate. I am saving my sickles from rescue quests for cooperative and/or map piece sickle quests, which I hope we see again in the near future.
    another good point starprof. i'll give 5 swipes to a key challenge, just to get some crystals hopefully, but mostly i hoard for said map quests.

Owl Wizard
    I don't like the leaderboard challenge events at all.
    Too much reliance on random chances of winning. There's too much of a delay between knowing how much additional keys did (or didn't) raise you in the ranks. And, worst of all, there's absolutely NO clue as to what it'll take to get to the higher levels. (ie- if I want an animal, will 5 keys be enough or will I need more like 500?)m And, there will always be people who are able to spend more time and/or money, so I'll never get the big prizes, anyway.

I much prefer events that are based on achieving specific goals than comparing what I get to what others get.

I much prefer the Global Challenges, where there is a total we all have to reach and once met we all win the animal. These are a challenge where we all work together and not against each other ! Much better in my opinion.
    Quote "My Cat is an Angel from Heaven above, with Sandpaper Kisses and a Heart full of Love"

^^ Agreed. These leader board challenges are one of the things that drew me away from AV. If we wanted to play a competitive game, we would have DOWNLOADED a competitive game. But, people are obviously spending money on these or you wouldn't keep doing them....
    R.I.P. Tap Zoo

Well as far as me, i like competition. I prefer these challanges to the community ones that made me lose all my leaves and that really made me disappointed. In the previous ones in fact there were players that really fought to obtain the animals and other that didn't, so we were dependant alsp on "lazy" players and the efforts would have been wasted for their fault. Now your able to fight or not to fight without compromising anyone. Once i said that i would like that these challanges were set in the flower shower so that everyone can compete fairly, now people that can afford to rescue animals and gain 40 sickles at a time have an advantage. The sickle island could be used for the map animals. Said this, i like and accept the challanges as they are now, don't go back please.
    Please add me on GC: Giggipiggi
    FS: Giuly

Well said avocado, starprof, & gypsmerl! I myself would love to see more map peice quests, community challenges, and even rescue the animal off the sinking island (as long as the bridge doesn't always need 300 crystals to cross). I would also like the ability to store more sickles. Why can we only store 30 sickles? We can win 40, but then we can no longer collect our daily 5 sickles! Why can't we continue to collecting our daily 5 sickles? I enjoy playing the game, but I am starting to run out of things to do! I only have a dozen rescues left and almost all my animals are level 6 in the flower shower. I can't afford to buy crystals, I have to work very hard to get what I want in this game. I do not have a video vault, I can not watch videos to get extra energy or prizes, I have to earn my crystals! Honestly, some times I feel this game is a bit unfair. So please PG mix up these challenges each week so everyone can participate! I would greatly appreciate it and I'm sure others will as well.