Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: REQUEST to ALL FORUM MEMBERS for SUGGESTIONS FOR STICKIES

Intrepid Explorer

Lightbulb REQUEST to ALL FORUM MEMBERS for SUGGESTIONS FOR STICKIES

Hi Everyone,

PGChristine has agreed to make us some stickies if we tell her what we want, the idea being that anything we wish to be able to refer to easily 'sticks' at the top of the page. So what do we want?

If we choose a few general headings, then any thread within them will be easily accessible. Useful threads we already have (e.g. Ase's list of animals and what they eat, Kylie's list of the names of animals categorised into regions) can be moved by PGChristine into the appropriate sticky. Other threads we consider useful (e.g. what special item each mini-game produces) can be added into the appropriate sticky.

So what general headings would work?
    Off the top of my head I've thought of:
    Animals
    Quests
    Bugs

I'm sure that plenty of you have better ideas than this.
    We need to decide upon the categories we want and come up with suitable titles for them.
    This is our opportunity to design the AV forum to make it more useful to us and to new members.
    So what do you think?
    Please post your suggestions here so that we can decide as a community what to ask PGChristine to do.

I thought it would be appropriate to make this post a sticky itself!

Hi Eleni and PGCHRISTINE,

Superb start to both of you.

How about adding:
    Crystals
    Powerup
    Video Vault
    Crossbreeding

Animals are such a wide topic, what if we break it down:
    1. Animal-Region
    2. Animals-What food they eat
    3. Animals- Pictures
    4. Animals-Crystal animals
    5. Animals-Whats in the store and missing from the store.
    6. Animals-Preminum animals on offer
    7. Animals -How many accumulated.

That is all I can think of for now.
    Gaming is suppose to be relaxing and FUN. I do not get it when I paid real money for challenges not properly organized, the games keep kicking me out, lagging, BUGS and OVER PRICED stuffs. Hmmmmm..perhaps time to go back to reading. LOL

Intrepid Explorer
    Animals are such a wide topic, what if we break it down

Good point, DuaKay. I'd been thinking of having a general Animals heading with subfolders within it, but I now realise that the forum does not work that way. So need a re-think.

We can't have too many stickies, else there won't be room for anything else. LOL
    Power-ups, video vault and cross-breeding could all go under the heading of 'Features' (or something), along with Flower Shower.
    Can anyone come up with suitable categories for important threads on animals - more than my one but less than DuaKay's seven?

More suggestions welcome - particularly if they are better than mine

Excellent point, Eleni. LOL...7 is indeed too many. This is a tough one. Why don't we just go with your 3 first and then see as we go along? Yours is definitely more precise and practical. Mine is just the blogger in me thinking out loud. LOL
    Have you a blessed weekend, Eleni and ALL.
    Gaming is suppose to be relaxing and FUN. I do not get it when I paid real money for challenges not properly organized, the games keep kicking me out, lagging, BUGS and OVER PRICED stuffs. Hmmmmm..perhaps time to go back to reading. LOL

I have noticed from other games that the problem with "some" stickies is that members can often clutter spacific topics with other current issues with the game which at times have no relavance to the title of the sticky.
    So my suggestion is that one sticky's ( or a thread) should be organized by one person then post spots are reserved and edited to maintain the integrity of the topic while keeping it current.Dark Angel had done this perfectly on TPC. For members not familiar with Tap Paradice Cove I suggest you take a look at the fourm. For the most part you can find basic information easily on DA's hints sticky/ thread which is the best place for new players. In that section she gathers her information and includes accurate posts from other players. I am NOT saying that we cannot comment on the section, just that the initially set up is organized by one person then that person can add new content in reserved post sections.
    In that section it can be broken down into ; items given in mini games, what the animal eats, quests, regions , notebook, crystal or food producing items , game level quests etc..

Due to slow roll outs and the many differences in our game some issues are not relevant to all players. For example - I know nothing about the puzzle bridges, Outback & video adds and that too can be included in the basic game info.

Therefore if one sticky can be devoted to basic game information and set up by a particular player that would be great. Then additional sticky's can be added for current daily issues divided in to sections like :quests/ global challenges, mini games, current bugs, off topic, whats new in the store, notebook, outback, updates, and new animals etc...

Don't mean to put you on the spot DA but I regularly visit your tips onTPC and find it a staple to my PG gaming.

Longtime Tapper
    I think that the treath about animals and what they eat should bee sticky...i know that there is a altor to all premium animals but that is already writen in the treath

And ppl should only write in it with new animals and what they eat.
    Not all that glitters is gold. And yes the beauty in the picture is mine raised him my self and he is my prince.

I concur with Tigermom, that is an awesome thread and the thread on outbound animals too.

I am going to start sticking to this thread instead of creating more new threads.

I would like to suggest to PGCHRISTINE, can you possibly make the FLOUR and SUGAR amount in grey color (like the challenge keys) so that we can have more storage options. As for the SUPER FRUITS, since I have bought the SUPER FRUIT tree, can you please also make the SUPER FRUIT amount in grey?

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by DuaKay View Post
    I am going to start sticking to this thread instead of creating more new threads.

I would like to suggest to PGCHRISTINE, can you possibly make the FLOUR and SUGAR amount in grey color (like the challenge keys) so that we can have more storage options. As for the SUPER FRUITS, since I have bought the SUPER FRUIT tree, can you please also make the SUPER FRUIT amount in grey?

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Hi DuaKay, thanks for this suggestion! i will definitely take this to the team and hopefully we can do something about increasing the storage or at least changing it in a way so that some items are greyed out and don't count.

Something else I wanted to point out - as PG employees we do also have the ability to make "subforum categories," so it's possible for us to create another category, in this case we could make one devoted to a "Help Center" or FAQ of sorts. (So you won't necessarily be limited to 3 stickies only). You can check out the Paradise Cove or Campus Life forums to see what I mean!

Just something to think about! Or if you have other subforum category suggestions in general, we can definitely take those into consideration.

Intrepid Explorer
    I should like to suggest that we have a 'Suggestions' sticky for us to post our suggestions for improvements to AV. It needs to be a sticky so that it is easy for PGChristine to monitor.

Anyone else got any views on stickies before we ask PGChristine to form some for us?

EDIT:

Having now read PGChristine's post above, I think that the sub forum categories would be better than stickies.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Eleni; 10-09-14 at 11:46 AM.

Longtime Tapper
    I agree; a place to put suggested improvements would be good. I also feel silly submitting tickets for minor bugs (for example, if you get a second Wallaby, the wallaby house says "2 Wallaby's live here").

On the inventory, I'd thought it might be nice to have the ability to set how many items of each type you wanted to collect. If you exceeded the set level, it would sell to get you back down to the level you'd set. Of course, that would be more complicated to implement. Alternatively, I wondered if it was possible to change the popup windows that tell my I've collected flour to give me a "discard" button as well as an "ok" button.

I'm not sure what to say about the food storage. It's very hard to maintain 9 different food types in 200 total slots. This was necessary before the changeover so that all premium animals ate blueberries unless you had a lot of super fruit. I have a *lot* of super fruit (188) and premium animals for everything except equine plains. At this point, 200 storage is excessive for me, but I remember when I was constantly running out of space. Really not sure what to say about that.

On the question of viewing animals, I wondered if the "view animals" button on a house could be changed. Right now, it's devoted to missions, and there's nothing useful to do there if you've rescued all of the animals. Could that be a way to view multiple animals when the missions are complete?

I think what might be useful for new players is a list of the notebook animals that correspond to each region, their total energy, what they eat, what special item they give, and whether the region is part of the main game or optional. Animals that clear multiple regions belong to one in the notebook and should maybe be listed under the second in parentheses. (This would even be useful to me; some regions-- like Safari-- have animals that are not for sale in the shop but that will end up in the notebook if you get them, as I discovered with the big lion. Hard to know what these animals are without a list.)

Something explaining what happens when you get multiple animals (e.g., missions) would be useful, too. (Energy change, need to expand house, need 1, 2 and 3 of the animal's minigame items + coins.)

Also, something describing non-universal features-- so people know that there are things present in some games and not others, and what those things are. (Outback, sickle island, flower shower?-- does everyone have that now?, the video vault)

I think a problem with anything like this, though, is that things change. Even a list of notebook animals is a problem; the ocelot used to be in the notebook and isn't anymore. Some people got multiple animals from mystery caves; I got some from "complete the entire region in X hours" quests; now we use missions.

I concur to all...I still do not have video vault. So far, I am so busy doing the stuffs like current islands and trying to continue with my flower shower to get max level income, before I embark on a mission to save all the animals from the same home. I need to collect enough food to do that besides coins.

My remaining problems are:

1. I still get animals that refuse to work when they are fully fed, a bug but I will just leave it and come back to it but recently they are getting so stubborn that they all need to be fed before they will do work! I do not mind feeding them as I can then clear my storage.

2. I need to shut down or restart a few times when the whole game just freeze on me but again, is it because there are too many animals (I have 187 animals) hence the load must be getting too heavy for the server? It cannot be my ipad mini right as still uses the same amount of space on my memory. Again I do not know.

I am recommending this game to a few of my friends and they are really liking it. I just wish sometimes I can hear the clearing of the leaves sounds as I find it soothing instead of just hearing the other sound plus the dog barking sound. I just find the game is more interesting with nice soothing music for me anyways. I love the clearing of rocks sound as it sound so surreal.

If PGCHRISTINE can fix some of our requests, I will be truly a very happy ANIMAL VOYAGER, is that the word? LOL
    Last edited by DuaKay; 10-10-14 at 11:27 AM.

Intrepid Explorer
    Folks, can I be a real pain and ask that we get back on topic here? Suggestions for redesigning the AV forum, please.

If people would like, I can create a new topic and try and incorporate Ase's list of berries into my animal names thread, and try and categories some of the random animals a bit more that are sitting on the bottom, although not sure how to deal with the multi-region animals. I will admit though, I have been lazy and have not been keeping track of many of the latest released animals so I'm down on names there (though I understand in this instance, the names would be the least important thing, just an additional extra to the berry types and the categorisation. Would people still want animal colours?). Possibly, the item rewarded in the game could be added as well, so it's all kept together in one easy to find place? Something that looked like:

Homestead
    Optional (all premium region)

Rewards carrots

Pig - Bert, Bart, Jody, Babe
    Sheep - Lou, Ram **
    Squirrel - Bonny, Gunter, Holly, Acorn
    Rooster - Mel, Gil **

-----Additional Premium-----

••• Black Sheep - Envy ***

{Secondary Animals - one, two, three}

It's possible even the icon for the food could be coloured to reflect the berry type for easier finding? Though that may just end up looking messy. Am open to design suggestions.

However, can we please get a confirmation from PG... are all the newly changed premium crystal animals preference of blueberries a permanent change? It looks that way, and if so, the food list would need updating.

I think darkangel's bugs and reviews thread is superb, but perhaps a topic outlining the most common bugs and problems (as well as explaining the slow roll outs of outback and video vault etc) for new players would be advantageous, and that thread can then link to darkangel's to find out new info for new bugs and updates on old bugs etc.
    Last edited by kyliesmiley16; 10-11-14 at 04:10 AM.

Longtime Tapper
    I suggested limiting to animals in the notebook at least for the new players section because it is a more limited set and there are too many new animals introduced. Since all the new animals seem to be in the shop, where their region is displayed, and now eat blueberries, they seem less important to describe in detail.

Multiregion animals have a primary region, if that matters. For those in the notebook, it's whatever section they've been placed in. For those not in the notebook, the primary region is the one you see if you click on the flower shower center after playing flower shower from the animal's home. It's always only one of the regions the animal visits.

Avocado, just went over your older post, too. While a list of Notebook animals would certainly make things smaller and easier to manage (though also more difficult having to sort out whose listed in the notebook and who isn't and when changes occur as you said), I feel that new players would still ask questions about the other premium animals. I think it would be nice to have a complete list, especially for the older players as well, for whom it would also be useful? However, we can still have the animals separated by region, and the premium animals sorted underneath the normal ones. I also like the idea of an animal's second region listed in parentheses. It would still make for an extremely long list though... but people can easily Ctrl+F to find a region or animal too... I don't see the need for their energy to be mentioned though as this is going to be subject to change depending on how many of the animal they own, and would be too hard to keep track of. That however could be explained in a more general thread along with the info about owning multiple animals and house upgrading and non-universial features etc.

Anyway, that's just me Please share your ideas, everyone!
    Last edited by kyliesmiley16; 10-11-14 at 04:07 AM.

So many great suggestions here. But as I have suggested previously if PG were to add a few more sections to the note book it would enable the to player to stay logged into the game rather than go to the forum to answer simple questions.
    For example a tab/section for food and another one for mini game prize would be perfect. In both areas ALL of the animals will be listed which will reduce the guessing games many of us play when we have blank stamps in our notebook. How great would it be to be able to stay logged into the game during a global challenge and not have to go to the form when you need to figure out what mini game will give you mushrooms? This will also reduce confusion in identifying the mini game prize. For example what I thought was a wooden spoon was actually a boat oar LOL and the Olympic metal was confused with the coin etc..
    In addition for newly introduced animals, possibly PG could add the food to the animals ID card in the store as well as when it is on an island awaiting rescue.

Intrepid Explorer
    Hi Folks,

Have been in communication with PGChristine and the sections for subforums (as on Paradise Cove) that we have come up with between us (using your suggestions too) are:
    Getting Started
    Animals
    Quests or Regions (which do you think would be better?)
    Features
    Suggestions/Feedback

What do you all think?

Apparently we can start with plain titles and jazz them up later if we decide that we want to.

Kyliesmilie16 has very kindly offered to take on the 'Animals' section and will have a bank of stickies reserved for her use. Thank you very much, Kylie
    Anyone else prepared to be responsible for a section? Or part of a section?

All comments/suggestions/ideas gratefully received.
    We hope to get this up and running soon.

Hi Eleni,

I was trying to PM you but your messages are full so I am sending this message here to you.

I did offer to take up either the getting started or suggestions/feedback stickers but after re evaluating myself , this is what I think:

I am very new and still learning, if you get someone else more qualified to take up leader of stickers like KylieSmiley16, as it truly involves a lot of knowledge and know how and I am not that good yet. I dare admit and say that I am such a newbie. Instead of helping I do not want to be such a noob.

I do not mind dong part of a section. So either the getting started or suggestions/feedback will be fine if you think I can handle it.

hugs
    shakira/Duakay

Intrepid Explorer
    Thanks very much DuaKay and sorry that my inbox was full for your second message. It's a problem I'm having recently!

I've just PMed you and then done a little housekeeping in my inbox!

I would definitely like a suggestions/feedback.
    Love the recent change which means some foods were downgraded this has helped a lot with visiting islands. I'm definitely playing more (addicted) and find myself island hopping between the game on my iPad and my game on android. This means I'm earning more coin/crystals. Loving it!

Here are some current ideas:
    Can animals we already own be omitted from the store - I find it hard to remember which ones I have/don't have when browsing.
    Notebook - can it include how many of each animal we have in the home? So that we can quickly go to mission.
    Can the food storage pop up more of a square format whereby it shows 3 levels eg.
    Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries
    Blueberry meal, r

Welcome to the forum, Toljaso!
    Great suggestions, Toljaso definitely I would like that too. So many things we want improved as we moved further into the game.

Again, I just want the SUPERFOOD to be in SILVER so that it will not be counted as it is not FAIR to win 100 SUPERFRUITS and have also a SUPERFRUIT tree with such a small storage. Come on , PG CHRISTINE, you said you are working on it, please make it happen. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Longtime Tapper
    I had considered volunteering, but I'm realizing I need to spend less time on this game rather than more, and volunteering to manage a sticky seems like a bad way to accomplish this. Am happy to help someone set something up and contribute content as necessary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast