Thread: New Region: Oligos Island

New Region: Oligos Island

New region just popped up with two new animals. Ivo the Falabella & a box turtle. I am not able to give you the requirements to cross the bridges because I am in the middle of a mission but hopefully the screen shots will help. You will also need to do some new crafting. When I reopened my game I noticed that I also have new land! Good luck to all.
    Attachment 65863
    Attachment 65865
    Attachment 65866
    Attachment 65868
    Attachment 65870
    Attachment 65871
    Attachment 65872
    Attachment 65873
    Attachment 65874
    Last edited by Wez Rud; 09-03-14 at 06:02 PM.

One bride is crystals... I think it was 375

The other bridge was hammer, pulley, and 300,000+ coins (8 hours)

No new crafting needed for these bridges, maybe on future Meadow islands?

The crystal bridge for the Falabella (eats blueberry meals) was 275, at least for me, which I think is the same that it has been for the other crystal-region-special-animals like the Walrus and the Mink, etc. I got him first. I also had the quest show up before my new region land showed up. I should've waited to see, but I didn't. So now I feel stupid. Anyway, I've built my Falabella's home on a normal spare piece of land I had. I can move it to the new region land plots, but I'm now worried about having a spare region-specific plot left there because I already built the Falabella's home elsewhere. There's 4 empty region land plots, and I fear we'll only get 4 animals out of this region, as has been with all the new regions... all the older regions used to be 5. Sooo yeah. Not sure whether to submit a ticket about that and see if they can swap my Falabella's home with one of those empty land plots? Still "expanding" the land so I can't click on it and see what homes are available for building yet.

Land plots seem to be 4 hours expand/unlock.

The next bridge (first normal bridge) was 8 hours to cross, I believe.

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to PG for a new region. Yay!!!
    Last edited by kyliesmiley16; 09-03-14 at 11:07 PM.

Longtime Tapper
    @kyliesmiley: I made an error early in the game and built the eastern steppes houses on my first expansion island and not near the pagoda. (What can I say? They appeared at the same time and I "expanded" land on the island first.). The plots were locked and unusable by other animals. I participated in the Emu challenge solely because it was eastern steppes and I wanted to fill a plot, then the game forced the house elsewhere.

This was the first thing I submitted a ticket on because the empty plots drove me nuts. They made a change. After I went back to buy the Giant Panda (and given I'd long since otherwise completed the region), the plots were usable by all animals. I have the Chameleon, the Porcupine, and the Crocodile there.

I doubt the change is limited to my game. I'm guessing that since you have the premium animal, once you complete the region and the landmark, you can use the extra plot.

**oh, and: if you buy some other premium animal that goes to that region, it should also be able to build on those plots, even without the general unlock. Just make sure to click on the plot you want to use and tell it to build the animal's house there when it's on the dock. Do not click on the animal and let the game pick where to build the house.
    Last edited by avocado; 09-03-14 at 11:53 PM.

Thanks avocado, will see how I go though think I'll try submitting a ticket anyway. I'm just frustrated... I should've waited and restarted the game but I was in a bit of a rush. Kicking myself now!

Just a heads up... the Falabella's flower shower game is a mess... missed a LOT of flowers that weren't registering at all... just seemed to fall straight through it!

2nd bridge is 10 hours.

In addition to the Falabella (premium) and the Box Turtle, we will also get the Lemming and the Groundhog.
    Last edited by kyliesmiley16; 09-04-14 at 03:11 AM.

I was already happy about free animals and then I saw their fur colors. The more we ask PG to give animals their natural color, the more they're giving them this ridiculous purple and pink colors. It's like talking to the wall. How could you not be frustrated by that?

Kiyliesmiley-I think you were lucky to build the house before opening the land. In my case, I started expanding land then rescued the animal which was forced to sit on my dock overnight until the new land opene ( keep in mind I have other areas available). After reading your post I went back to my game and was able to move the house to other portions of land in the new region which did not have to be expanded on. So I believe the new land will accommodate a least 5 or 6 animals.

Longtime Tapper
    I am currently expanding and building houses in advance, so am not yet rescuing animals. However, the meadow flag looks like the outback flag, with a cutout (not rectangle) and the black and white quarter circle in the upper corner with two pawprints.

Is this just a design oddity, or does it represent another way to cross animals?

Owl Wizard
    I'm currently waiting for the dust storm to clear in order to reach the box turtle.
    The only animal I have that is available for clearing the island is the Swan. However, there is no way to access the chest containing the item that's needed for the maypole without clearing some trees.
    For those who've already passed this point, does the island disappear once the box turtle is brought back to the mainland (as happens in many instances) or will it remain until the needed item is obtained?
    Thanks!

3rd bridge (and I'm sorry, I mean to say Dust Storm... 2nd one was also a Dust Storm xD I'm just so used to saying bridge!) is 6 hours. So first island we have 8, 10 and 6 hour bridges!

Avocado... thank you for reminding me!!! I just tried to build a house in advance and it workkeeed! It's been so long since I've managed to do that! I do not have Outback unlocked so don't know how that flag looks but as far as you've described, sounds like how mine looks (first screenshot Wez posted).

LiMom, I bought the Falabella first so was able to clear it, so my island should disappear once I get the turtle, so I'm afraid I can't comment on that one! Usually, at least in the past with Polar and Eastern Jungle, the island has disappeared after the first animal was rescued and the premium animal not, and the premium animal was offered again after all the others were rescued. Which would there in lie a problem if you cannot collect the Tamborine which can only be collected from the special crates, though that crate may reappear as well after you've got the tree clearing animal. Hopefully the island will not disappear for you, but cannot guarantee it :\

Longtime Tapper
    I also cannot answer here, but on other islands in other regions, if there is a special item on the island, the island will remain in its original form until you get that item.

So, you should be able to collect the box turtle, take it back home, then bring it back to clear a path to the tamborine. Once you take the tamborine off the pillar, though, the island will disappear, taking the Falabella with it (if you haven't bought it). The Falabella will then return on its own timed island when you've completed the other islands in this region.

Owl Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by avocado View Post
    I also cannot answer here, but on other islands in other regions, if there is a special item on the island, the island will remain in its original form until you get that item.

So, you should be able to collect the box turtle, take it back home, then bring it back to clear a path to the tamborine. Once you take the tamborine off the pillar, though, the island will disappear, taking the Falabella with it (if you haven't bought it). The Falabella will then return on its own timed island when you've completed the other islands in this region.
    Thanks! (And thanks to kyliesmiley, too, even though they didn't have the answer.)

2nd island has 1 bridge and 1 dust storm. 1st bridge requires just 1 pulley, is 6 hours to comlete. Dust storm is 8 hours, requires a hammer, wreath and forgot the other thing. You need to hunt for both the items (Sprouting Bulbs and Bright Bells) needed to make the wreath on Polar and Prairie islands, though I found both on Riverlands too, and Eastern Steppes, so likely just random. They come in normal crates the same way the items for the zebra mask and snow shovel appeared.

3rd island first bridge is 10 hours and requires a lantern. Dust storm is 7 hours and requires a wreath.

4th island first bridge is 6 hours and 2nd bridge is 8 hours.

5th island first bridge is 8 hours and requires pulley. 2nd bridge is 10 hours and requires wreath. Fire is 6 hours and requires lantern.
    Last edited by kyliesmiley16; 09-08-14 at 12:47 AM.

I can confirm that it did not disappear after rescuing the Box Turtle, so you can get the crates.
    R.I.P. Tap Zoo

I see logs are appearing in gold crates again in the Meadow region, I've had at least one on each island.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadge gliders View Post
    I see logs are appearing in gold crates again in the Meadow region, I've had at least one on each island.
    I also noticed that a few times too. Also in the past week I had a log and a bag of flour in a treasure chest.

I just got the lemmings house. Played the mini-game to found out it also had the "not the proper item for power-up" bug. The power up allows to get all cherries from the board... but there are no cherries in the lemmings game.
    Remember, this is just a GAME...

Jeth Ginkid. Playing Animal Voyage ver. 1.28.0 on Asus pad TF700T with Android 4.2.1

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadge gliders View Post
    I think that happens when they give us the specific resources we need to make a lantern or a pulley to cross a barrier. Not to imply it isn't annoying, but at least it isn't a more general problem.

Longtime Tapper
    Got this one too and ges's what ! Im not doing it !

Dont want another funny looking animals region in my hair on meals. So just gonna let them sit there and horde my very scared crystals ! MABY if a LTQ animal comes along i will take the new region...im serius fead up with riverlands and estern jungle ....dont want another meal region....pleanty off those around so i just ignore tha dang thing
    Not all that glitters is gold. And yes the beauty in the picture is mine raised him my self and he is my prince.

Hi, did anyone else's Falabella disappear while the other bridges to the box turtle were being fixed. I went to rescue the Falabella after the box turtle, but her part of the island disappeared even though the rest of the island was still there

Quote Originally Posted by Maz23 View Post
    Hi, did anyone else's Falabella disappear while the other bridges to the box turtle were being fixed. I went to rescue the Falabella after the box turtle, but her part of the island disappeared even though the rest of the island was still there
    Hi Maz-I did not have that problem with this region but it did happen to me with another region. I submitted a ticket and a few weeks later the animal appeared on an island with a bridge. The polar region disappeared on me and it was also resolved in a similar fashion after submitting a ticket.

Longtime Tapper
    I also did not have this problem. I left the falabella on the island and left the pillar intact, got the box turtle, then waited until I had enough crystals to get it before proceeding. Sorry to hear yours didn't work the same way.

I need help!

Hello, I have just completed the riverlands region and got the new region meadow unlocked. I have the quest to go to oligos island, but there is no such island available to sail to.

I have sent a request to PG and they say I have to keep clearing islands. This has never happened to me that I don't get to sail straight away to an island.

I'm on level 42, is that too low to begin completing meadow region?