Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thread

I tried a new hidden objects game today (free today only I think) and boy is it hard. It's called around the World in 80 days, it made me appreciate how easy this game is. Oh and it didn't crash once.
    Level 117 Today's forecast 100% chance of wine.

Lurch.
    Just for you and for one day only. Girl on a motorcycle is back. Yes it is me and proves SE is definitely female, I hope.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Spam, Information and the Global Family.

I have noticed quite a bit in our local papers (Spain not the UK) recently about spam. This has been mention once or twice in forum as well and it set me to reflecting. what is it? Who decides? Who is judge and jury?
    My interpretation is that cyber spam is simular to junk snail mail. Rubbish that goes straight in the bin.
    So is what we write when we go off-topic rubbish or just off topic comments sparked off by an on topic comment? Nobody suddenly writes something wildly off topic without some kind of link first.
    I think one persons spam is another ones interesting/funny/wicked piece of banter/information etc. etc. etc. if you are interested it is good but if you only want game related information then it is bad.
    My take is.... Forum is primarily a place of information but this one is unique in all I have found. It combines info with friendliness and seems to bring together a group of people who have turned into a kind of global family. Like any family they exchange news as well as info. comments about happy and sad times, all the usual stuff. They squable and fall out just like any large extended family and they have the old girl sat in the corner muttering to herself (me on a bad day).
    Well thats my take on both spam and family. I am suprised that what started out as one thing turned into something else entirely but that is what happened. I even needed to adjust the heading. It started off as "what is spam"
    Anyone else any ideas? Do you like off-topic meandering or hate it and why?
    p.s. To anyone who says there should be a place for it but not in mid thread then how can this be sorted? It is like saying threads should be regimented in opening and finishing, it is nice in theory but how do you put it into practice?
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

SE, I like what you say. To me this forum is a place for my SP family. I love the off topic info. Being human, there is no way (except for everything going through a very busy monitor before posting) to keep each post on topic. And just think how boring this would be. I check other forums for info on a couple other games I play, but have never posted to them. They are strictly game info. How boring! No give and take like on here. I like things the way they are, even when it seems a few rants get out of hand. It feels like I really know all you people. (You are all people, right)? Just my opinion.

IMHO...what many of us received in our mailboxes not long ago from Mobile phone mk...that was Spam...

What usually transpires here in the forum...the creative interchange of ideas and game related information with the occasional off topic twists...not Spam...

Agree, Salmo!
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

Yep, I agree with all of the above. I love the colour and diversity that all of you bring - for me, it makes the forum just as, or even more fun than the game itself. I also think this forum has loads of important information that helped me (and continues to help me) tremendously when I was struggling to understand how the game works. I think pretty much everyone, whether more serious, or "less focused" has contributed to the richness of this forum. So - informative and fun, who could ask for more?

Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post
    IMHO...what many of us received in our mailboxes not long ago from Mobile phone mk...that was Spam...

What usually transpires here in the forum...the creative interchange of ideas and game related information with the occasional off topic twists...not Spam...
    So you are ok. I was getting worried, weather and all.
    So we can digress even in a random thread.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

I love finding out snippets of info about my "forum family" and I never have a problem with people who have a sense of humour. How many times have you seen a post where someone has said "thank you for making me smile" .......loads of times. If that's classed as spam......bring it on
    I am officially an olbie, as named by Cossie.

Level 118 ipad Air2. 64gb IOS 8.1.3 Forgot to smell the roses

Second game: ipad 4 16gb IOS 8.1.3 Level 61

Tangled & SE maybe you two should start a biker chick thread. 😃
    Level 117 Today's forecast 100% chance of wine.

Quote Originally Posted by vinoball View Post
    Tangled & SE maybe you two should start a biker chick thread. 😃
    Hey Vino. You are around now but where were you yesterday when I needed you!
    Biker chick thread indeed, pleeeesssee. Put your imagination away.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

I wish there was a "like" button on this thread - like on Facebook. I would "like" everything on this page.

I like the idea that we talk about other things in our life. It would be so boring if we only talked about the game. Sometimes it would just be a list of frustrations. We need to have a few laughs. Life needs good laughs.
    Level 117 just in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosgrove View Post
    Sometimes it would just be a list of frustrations.
    Is that the same as a Rant? I like to read a well written rant if it has the right pace. It needs to sort of start slowly and then work up to a crescendo. Then it is better for it to stop and not be overdone.

Tangi. There is the star system but that doesnt work anywhere near as well.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Holy shmoly Tangled....what happened to your hair ?? Did you go biking without your helmet!!

Rants are okay on occasion, I just don't want the entire forum to be rants. A well written rant is a good thing. Sometimes it relieves your frustration and it can lead to others helping you through your frustration. Either because they have the same problem or they have a solution that you hadn't thought of. But a whole forum full of rants with nothing else wouldn't hold my attention for very long.
    Level 117 just in time.

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbiliz View Post
    Holy shmoly Tangled....what happened to your hair ?? Did you go biking without your helmet!!
    Lol lol lol lol

That's what made me smile today

Quote Originally Posted by Debbiliz View Post
    Hee hee, it's just my natural curls. One of my nick names was Sideshow Bob at one point - so thought I'd use his Avatar, although that may cause some confusion re my gender. My hair can get pretty crazy at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangled View Post
    Hee hee, it's just my natural curls. One of my nick names was Sideshow Bob at one point - so thought I'd use his Avatar, although that may cause some confusion re my gender. My hair can get pretty crazy at times.
    Lol...your hair was quite the thing in the big biker pic you swiftly edited....

It should not take over one hundred power tokens to look for the rings in the Howling Crypt...and never did get them. I finally got bored and quit looking.

Now heres a thing. Hi Kin and welcome. Did you post this today or back in August and only just got authorised!
    I am betting on the latter as rings in the crypt is not a current thing in my game.
    If you are still about come back and say hi again.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Debz, since you made me pancakes for Shrove Tuesday, I made something for you for Pi(e) Day. For those non Americans, the date today is 3.14.15. So this is actually the ultimate Pi day since it is 2015. So here Deb and SE you can have some too.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  90.2 KB
    It is in the oven now but will be done here in a couple of minutes.
    Level 117 just in time.

Level 116 => level 113
    ID 6223QVHMVX

Cos...thanks for that...I've made out several checks today dating them 3.14.15 and for some reason it didn't register until I read your post...NPR even did a special program on Pi yesterday....

The pie looks yummy too...

Oh you clever people, I vaguely remember learning pi at school, but given the option I would go for Cossie's pie anytime. Thanks Cossie it looks scrummy

Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast