Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thread

Intrepid Explorer
    Replying here so as not to rile the sheriff. Original thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jumajuma View Post
    wow! thank you gd. i'll be your billy flynn's roxie anyday (anyone? anyone?)
    My turn for a wow! Top of my to do list next time I'm in the Chicago area .
    iPad 4, iOS 9.3.2
    Secret Passages: 2.97; Support ID: QPQDAM0PH8

TBM you are very good.

To all it might concern.
    I am spending time, when I can, sorting out my mail box. As I download messages I am noticing that I owe answers/mail to quite a few people so appologies and I will get down to it asap which could be when we get back to Spain unfortunately.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by grave digger View Post
    My turn for a wow! Top of my to do list next time I'm in the Chicago area .
    Chicago isn't playing in Chicago at the moment, so we'll have to get our fix in NYC. (I actually saw the musical for the 4th or 5th time there this past Aug!)
    STILL WAITING FOR SOME COS GROVE
    v2.97-446,0; HPZM7RJFRG; iPad2 15GB iOS 8.1.1 (12B435); lv116
    my SP hang-ups: sticky power-ups, 'lost progress' crashes, limitless ore
    wishlist: trading shelf in cos / epoch, ability to pause a craft

Clock and time problems

This maybe a problem that nobody else has noticed, therefore nobody can help with but it is driving me crazy.
    This only happens when I am in the UK. In Spain everything is fine.
    This is definately a PG/Forum problem. I spent hours looking for an Apple solution then found the same thing was showing on my windows laptop.
    Problem.
    If you look at the screenshoot you can see the correct time top middle.
    If you go down to about the middle of the list of threads, starting I think with a post from Mike, look at the right hand side and you can clearly see his post is timed two hours in frount of my time. This is true of all posts no matter who does them, me or anyone from anywhere.
    To conclude. When I am in the UK my clock is out of sync with forum clock but when I am in Spain all is fine.

Note. Before anyone suggests it - Staying in Spain is not an option.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  98.6 KB
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Unsung Hero
    SE, have you been logged into the forum at the time of your screenshot?

In my understanding, the forum shows 'your' time when you are logged in and PG time (should be PST) when you are not. So, your post has 10.35 a.m. when I am logged in and 2.35 a.m. when I am not.

Edit: Mike's post shows 9.58 a.m. / 1.58 a.m. for me. So, you probably are still in the Spain time zone in the forum settings. You can change it under Settings > General settings > Date & Time options
    Last edited by Bortman; 02-25-15 at 02:46 AM.
    iPhone 6 / iOS 9.3.2
    SP 2.97 / SupportID: 37HF5S3ZYU / Level 118

OTBB
    Yes I am logged in. The time it shows me for people posting, myself included, is Two hours in advance of my real time. That is an hour in front of CET. It is like some sytem has added an hour on for UK time instead of taking an hour off.
    e.g.
    UK time = 13.00
    Central European time = 14.00
    My forum registering time = 15.00
    Just used any time as an example.
    That could be a bad example as forum clock uses am and pm not 24 hours but you should get the idea.

Edit.
    I have tried settings and messing about with the time there but as I said it is only a forum problem.
    The funny thing is that your edit time on your last post shows the correct time for the UK which is 11.46 when you actually edited

Edit 2. My edit time showes as two hours on. So I actually edited 2 hours in the future.
    My poor head hurts.
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 02-25-15 at 04:53 AM.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Unsung Hero
    SE, have you tried to experiment with or change the timezone in the forum settings (not the iOS ones)?
    iPhone 6 / iOS 9.3.2

Did anyone else get a PM from Mobile Phone mk about earning money while playing video games? It gives a link which I did not and will not take because this looks like one of those emails with links to malware sites. Such a shame that PGs PM system is being used this way.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryL View Post
    Did anyone else get a PM from Mobile Phone mk about earning money while playing video games? It gives a link which I did not and will not take because this looks like one of those emails with links to malware sites. Such a shame that PGs PM system is being used this way.
    I did several days ago. I then forwarded it to PGBrian. I hope they can stop them.
    Level 117

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tammy View Post
    I did several days ago. I then forwarded it to PGBrian. I hope they can stop them.
    Yes, I did the same. Really don't understand that new users can pm. Linking then to the support would be better. Another problem are those who are logged in, wait and start to spam the forum. This is quite common because you can't get a proper capture for social software. The staff seems to delete those posts quite fast.

Yup, and I forwarded to Christine - got a response from her too.
    Secret Passages: Restarted: Level 12, v.2.112-318,0 Prod
    - Shadow Play rewards of shovels are a sick joke for the amount of effort required.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tammy View Post
    And so did I.
    SP: v. 2.22 338,0 Prod iPad4, iOS 6.1.3
    Level 115
    Support ID: A5BE7GHNR9

Quote Originally Posted by Bortman View Post
    SE, have you tried to experiment with or change the timezone in the forum settings (not the iOS ones)?
    OTBB
    I looked but could not find the 'forum' settings. I know I should be able to but it is just not happening. Can you help please?
    Just had two cortizone injections, both knees, and I feel a bit disorientated (or disoriented depending on which dictionary you use).

Spam
    I had the mail as well and sent it on to Brian. Havent heard anything yet.
    I have a poor Kiwi longing for posting privilages that are just not happening and yet these people can send rubbish out.
    Evil
    What sort of reply did Christine send? That is if you dont mind sharing.
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 02-25-15 at 11:38 AM.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

I also forwarded mine to PGBrian.
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done

Unsung Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    OTBB
    I looked but could not find the 'forum' settings. I know I should be able to but it is just not happening. Can you help please?
    Click "Settings" at the top (between "My Profile" and "Logout"), then, in the menu bar on the left, click "General Settings" (under "My Settings", "My Account"). On the General Settings page scroll down to the "Date & Time Options", there you can set your time zone.

- - - Updated - - -

I got it some days ago and thought about noticing someone from PG of it. But as the user already had the status "Banned", I just deleted it...
    iPhone 6 / iOS 9.3.2

This was a spambot. After sending one messege, they will use another id. Those are rare and pg won't do anything but warn their customers. Switching the option to pm before being logged in would be the only alternative.

Kate: Please explain "switching the option to PM..."
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    Evil
    What sort of reply did Christine send? That is if you dont mind sharing.
    Here you go with certain items deleted:

Quote Originally Posted by PGChristine
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMummy
    Christine,

Please note the spammer.

EM

Do you want to earn money while playing videogames? We can tell you how to do it. It is free for you. Go to the site <url deleted as not to spam more>
    Thanks EM! We will moderate this.
    Secret Passages: Restarted: Level 12, v.2.112-318,0 Prod
    - Shadow Play rewards of shovels are a sick joke for the amount of effort required.

Kate: Please explain "switching the option to PM..."

Users have to accepted manually by an admin. This forum allows them to contact users before they are logged in. A spammer has to create an account, can get the member list and the rest is done by a software.

If new users were linked to the support or there was a proper capture - no idea if there can be one - this wouldn't happen.

Evil and OTBB
    Thanks.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    Posting here instead of tinker part 2:

Bravo Elle.

Perhaps we need to close part 2 and open part 3 for only Tinker related posts. Of course problems (like the missing fragments) should get their own thread and then maybe the new Tinker discussion won't be huge immediately.

Everybody would see those threads (missing fragments) and they would move downwards after a solution. I still think those make more sense than multiple threads about daily quests, but that is my opinion and not very welcome.

If Elle edits the initial post, there would it will be enough, most of us don't need the thread, just the information is important. A "missing manual thread" would be awesome, too, but this won't work.

Intrepid Explorer
    Running with my dog in the Hills of Zurich
    SE, regarding the forum time (I am EST), the forum time is between 45 and 55 minutes ahead of my time. 10:54 here, forum: 11:48.

At the bottom of this page is some (very small) print saying all times are GMT -8. It gives my time now as 11.36pm which works out about right as I am currently 7.43 GMT. Probably of no help whatsoever, but this is called Random Thread.
    I am officially an olbie, as named by Cossie.

Level 118 ipad Air2. 64gb IOS 8.1.3 Forgot to smell the roses

Second game: ipad 4 16gb IOS 8.1.3 Level 61

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbiliz View Post
    At the bottom of this page is some (very small) print saying all times are GMT -8. It gives my time now as 11.36pm which works out about right as I am currently 7.43 GMT. Probably of no help whatsoever, but this is called Random Thread.
    Debz, in case you didn't know, you can change the time on your forum settings to reflect your location. My print at the bottom of the page says the time is GMT. It is less confusing for me.

Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast