Page 1 of 85 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thread

Random Thread

I had the brilliant idea of creating this thread.

Use it to post any random non-sequitur stuff that you can think up.

And maybe, just maybe, you can stay on topic in the game related threads?
    -----

Love,

Punkus

GAMECENTER ID: punkusdr
    Support ID: GQ3CRLV877
    V.1.91-248,0 Prod
    iPad Air iOS 7.1.2
    Lev. 52

Sorry to bust your bubble. This has been tried before. It failed there too.
    Nobody stays on topic. PG could move the thread as well.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Any random thread about anything but SP will be moved unfortunately. I don't agree, but that is what happened to for example the World Cup. People were posting there... it got moved and not a single post was made anymore. That was a bad move by PG at that time.

I'm still gonna try
    -----

Love,

Punkus

GAMECENTER ID: punkusdr
    Support ID: GQ3CRLV877
    V.1.91-248,0 Prod
    iPad Air iOS 7.1.2
    Lev. 52

This is game related, my game won't connect at the moment

Keep one site at one * for 15 or 20 second challenge.

I use most global challenges to upgrade gems.

Petrichor.
    99 bugs in the code! 99 bugs! Take 1 down, patch it around! 127 bugs in the code!

L 40 SP 220☆ TW Su10 E10 D10 Sa8 Q5 A102 G0
    DR O K5☆ C1☆ M1☆ M2☆ F1☆ L2☆ R2☆ G1☆ W1☆ P1☆ F4☆ M D P
    DRP V2,1,2☆ GC2,3,3,4☆ A2,1,2,1☆ SL C D32☆
    NR H5☆ NY3☆ RJ L T WW T V C
    NRP TK W UV NK32☆ BT AG33☆ EN34☆
    ST AW1☆ GI1☆ FF1☆ MSM1☆|TL1☆ LV1☆ FY1☆ CC1☆ | ND2☆ CF1☆ LF1☆
    |MF1☆ DG1☆ TB1☆ AR1☆|AC1☆ PC1☆ B1☆ HM1☆|GGB1☆ LA1☆ EF1☆ HS1☆
    |BB1☆ FH1☆ AV1☆ GC1☆|AW1☆ HG1☆ PRS1☆
    CS CT CSP A FF1☆

Just struck me that you over-there in Yankee land you seem to get quite a lot of public holidays. We, if my memory serves, get 8 a year. The Spanish on the other-hand get about 15/20, something ridiculous.
    So what do you get? Are there different amounts depending on which state you live in?
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    Just struck me that you over-there in Yankee land you seem to get quite a lot of public holidays. We, if my memory serves, get 8 a year. The Spanish on the other-hand get about 15/20, something ridiculous.
    So what do you get? Are there different amounts depending on which state you live in?
    Let's see....
    New Years Day (sometimes New Year's Eve, but not common)
    President's Day
    MLK Day
    Spring Break/Good Friday/Easter (not a common holiday to have off, but some companies give it - I used to work for one that did Good Friday)
    Memorial Day
    4th of July
    Labor Day
    Veteran's Day
    Columbus Day
    Thanksgiving (sometimes holiday plus day after)
    Christmas (sometimes Christmas Eve plus Christmas)
    State Holiday (here, it's 24th July)

Not everyone gets all of those. Government workers get a lot that the private sector doesn't. And not all businesses will give you the second day during Thanksgiving and Christmas, but a lot do.

I might have missed something. Anyone?
    Last edited by rajilina; 08-30-14 at 10:56 AM.

That is a good list of holidays. But a lot of people don't get Columbus Day, Veterans Day and Presidents' Day off. My husband doesn't but when I worked in banking we got them all off but Good Friday. We didn't get any extra days at Christmas or Thanksgiving.

Well, you do have more public holidays, but my former US colleagues only had 10 vacation days a year.
    So I rather have a couple less public holidays and the 25-30 vacation days we get in Holland.

Quote Originally Posted by FR1908 View Post
    Well, you do have more public holidays, but my former US colleagues only had 10 vacation days a year.
    So I rather have a couple less public holidays and the 25-30 vacation days we get in Holland.
    Most companies have a standard 2 or three weeks vacation time. Of course every company handles that differently. One I worked for gave 3 weeks after 7 years, but you could not take them together. Also if you figure you already have 2 days off for weekend that is only 5 days vacation. So my three weeks off really gave me 15 days spread out! Also, depending on type of work you do, retail and service jobs don't close for most holidays, and every company does not pay holiday pay. Mine closed for 7 holidays, but no vacation pay. I always hoped they fell on my day off so I did not lose pay!
    Last edited by Topmom52; 08-30-14 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FR1908 View Post
    In Canada, this will depend on where you work and length of employment. Employment Standards dictate a minimum of two weeks, but with any employer I've ever worked for, the longer you're there, the longer you get. For example, I get 4 weeks paid, plus my employer shuts down our office between Christmas and NYs, so that's another week. Plus, I get all our stat holidays.

Stat holidays vary a bit by province, but that's just our civic holiday and family day. Some provinces either don't get them or they fall on a different day than what I get.

These are the Statutory Holidays in Ontario:

New Years Day – January (pretty much everything closes early afternoon NY's eve day as well.)
    Family Day – February
    Good Friday – March/April
    Easter Monday * "
    Victoria Day – May
    Canada Day – July 1st
    Civic Holiday – August
    Labour Day - Sept
    Thanksgiving – October
    Remembrance Day* - November
    Christmas Day (unless you're in retail, most get off by 2PM on Christmas Eve Day) - Dec 25
    Boxing Day – Dec 26

* Federal employees only

Edit: Top, it's the law here. You work on a stat holiday, you get paid time and a half. Some employers will pay double time. For a few of our holidays, it's quite common for retail to remain open.
    Last edited by ElleJ; 08-30-14 at 12:26 PM.
    Secret Passages
    Device: iPad2 w/ iOS 7.1.1
    SP v2.24-363,0 Prod Level 117 / Support ID: AYLR7TJHZZ (Game is Broken)

Hidden Agendas
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 w/ KitKat 4.4.2
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

I work in a school, so I get about 14 weeks holiday per year
    I am officially an olbie, as named by Cossie.

Level 118 ipad Air2. 64gb IOS 8.1.3 Forgot to smell the roses

Second game: ipad 4 16gb IOS 8.1.3 Level 61

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrmnkee View Post
    I use most global challenges to upgrade gems.
    Yes! I can practically do the Italian workshop or Strelna Citadel blindfolded for this very reason
    Game: SP v1.91 - 246,0 Prod
    Support ID: MBV75QQSP0
    Device: iPad mini iOS v7.1

I get 49 weeks of vacation and 15 holidays. But then I am retired and so I get also no paycheck ;-) Life's good!
    Digging - done
    Crafting - done
    Oh no! Was that last dune site?

Yeah it totally depends on where you work. I used to work retail and the only holidays I got off we're New Year's Day, Christmas Eve, and thanksgiving. Except then they started doing the Black Friday shopping starting at 8pm on thanksgiving so not even that if you were unlucky.

Meanwhile, I know a company that gives 4 weeks vacation (20 days) and you can bring up to 20 more days over from the year before, so theoretically you could end up with 40 vacation days off in one year. Not including holidays. They got off from Christmas Day through January 1, Good Friday, Labor Day, thanksgiving and Black Friday, etc.

We get 5-6 weeks from day one. 5 weeks is the minimum an employer has to give you.
    At one company I could not increase in wages so they bumped me up in days. I had 8 weeks there. Fun thing was that at that time it was still okay to take all days you did not use to next year (that is capped now). For 3 years I did not take a single day off. Well I did, my honeymoon. But I got those days as a gift from the company. So when I wanted to quit that job after nearly 4 years, I had over half a year of paid holiday left based on vacation days.

Aaah the good old times. Currently I am recovering and not working. But this does not feel like a holiday. I really need to work to appreciate days off.

So, all I'm hearing is the crickets when it comes to today's cross over. Did anyone even open it? Looks like it was just released yesterday.
    Secret Passages

Hidden Agendas
    SP v2.12.8+g-362.0 Prod Level 30 / Support ID: 47VX7MHGU7 (Game is Minimally Developed)

All I had to do was install it to get the rewards. I was not required to open it. So I didn't.
    Farewell, everyone.

I wish you good fortune in the game.

Even more than that, I wish you joy and well being in the real world.

Y

Quote Originally Posted by ElleJ View Post
    So, all I'm hearing is the crickets when it comes to today's cross over. Did anyone even open it? Looks like it was just released yesterday.
    Not me. I do not do these quests despite the reward. It would have to be a very significant reward for me to download a game I have no interest in playing ( I know it can be deleted but why bother).

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Pietrpahn View Post
    All I had to do was install it to get the rewards. I was not required to open it. So I didn't.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Pietrpahn View Post
    Thank you. Didn't even think to try that. Worked for me as well.
    Secret Passages

Hidden Agendas

That didnt work for me. I got the ticks but the reward and quest would not clear until the download finished.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Page 1 of 85 1231151 ... LastLast