Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3575838485
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 2125

Thread: Random Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    and the PRIZE goes the very blue one.
    She will want you full-time now at Pinkeyton.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  80.6 KB
    Last edited by salmo23; 05-25-17 at 04:07 AM.
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

and the PRIZE goes the very blue one.
    Yabba dabba dooooo!

Views: 306
Size:  13.0 KB

I really thought someone else would solve the clues first.

Longtime Tapper
    Name:  IMG_2425.JPG
Views: 308
Size:  46.0 KB

There are not many of us about now and this might be inappropriate but it is about perspective. We are all disappointed (or various other adjectives) with then ending of SP. This is what happened to me a few days ago and one or two may have read it elsewhere but it deserves repeating:-

The family of youngest victim, so far, of the Manchester atrocity have a fish and chip shop in our nearest market town and I was there shopping two days ago. I didnt actually understand at first where I was or what I was seeing and then the impact of the sea of flowers and the balloons actually hit me. Seeing pictures in the newspapers or on TV is just not the same, I stopped, paid my respects and felt so ineffectual.
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ma...8_QvjSLeYovcM:
    There are much sadder things than a game ending.
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 06-05-17 at 10:43 AM.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

There are not many of us about now and this might be inappropriate but it is about perspective. We are all disappointed (or various other adjectives) with then ending of SP. This is what happened to me a few days ago and one or two may have read it elsewhere but it deserves repeating:-

The family of youngest victim, so far, of the Manchester atrocity have a fish and chip shop in our nearest market town and I was there shopping two days ago. I didnt actually understand at first where I was or what I was seeing and then the impact of the sea of flowers and the balloons actually hit me. Seeing pictures in the newspapers or on TV is just not the same, I stopped, paid my respects and felt so ineffectual.
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ma...8_QvjSLeYovcM:
    There are much sadder things than a game ending.
    Not at all inappropriate, SE. This special forum has often been about sharing personal experiences alongside game-related topics.

I'm just sorry that this was such a sad one to share...thoughts and prayers to those of you across the pond.
    Last edited by salmo23; 06-05-17 at 12:58 PM.
    A million years ago.

I have been thinking no praying for all you across the pond. All that has gone on is so sad. We all need to take time to smell the roses because you never know what is going to happen.
    Level 117 just in time.

I'm trying not to make this political, but we get endless coverage of deaths in "terror" attacks, but while that goes on, the Saudi's (using US weapons) are killing thousands in Yemen and our wars in Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Sudan, etc are hardly ever mentioned. A very wise man once told me that terrorism is what people do when they don't have an army to kill for them. We just call it "war", but I call it terrorism on a scale that "terrorists" can only dream of. Look at our "shock and awe" war launched against Iraq, an illegal and immoral war that was just for profit. And, in fact, all of our wars are about profit and nothing else. Not about freedom, or democracy, or "keeping us safe" (all of these wars do exactly the opposite as we see now). It's all about more profit for the billionaires who want even more control of the world, If you own the vast amount of stock in the military-industrial complex, war is a very good thing indeed.

And the little terrorist attacks that result from our wars? Even better for the military-industrial complex. Now we can push the scared people into billions and billions more for the war industry. Win Win.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled digging. I'm on the Global Sites 1 digsite, which means I'm down to five more to go and then I'm done with digsites. Hopefully tomorrow will bring a new dune so I can use up some power tokens.

Does hitting the soft cap on candy bars help with the drop of the item needed in the crypt. I am getting close to 1000 but have less than half as many power tokens as I did at the beginning of the year. So I was wondering if hitting that cap would help with the drop.
    Level 117 just in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosgrove View Post
    Does hitting the soft cap on candy bars help with the drop of the item needed in the crypt. I am getting close to 1000 but have less than half as many power tokens as I did at the beginning of the year. So I was wondering if hitting that cap would help with the drop.
    I usually have around 500 power tokens but recently I have dropped to 200. This is a worry as I have a lot of new scenes to unlock yet. (only just got Giant Chess Board!) I seem to now spend around 150 on each new dune instead of the 80 odd I was spending before. I don't think any kind of cap would make any difference, you are just supposed to spend all your power tokens! Sorry this post isn't very helpful but wondered if anyone else had noticed this sudden power token increase??!

Intrepid Explorer
    If you reach the candy bar cap, the crypt will favour shovels and coffees instead. Only once you reach the soft cap on all three will the crypt favour the site items, but when you do it is a very big improvement in item drop rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels555 View Post
    I usually have around 500 power tokens but recently I have dropped to 200. This is a worry as I have a lot of new scenes to unlock yet. (only just got Giant Chess Board!) I seem to now spend around 150 on each new dune instead of the 80 odd I was spending before. I don't think any kind of cap would make any difference, you are just supposed to spend all your power tokens! Sorry this post isn't very helpful but wondered if anyone else had noticed this sudden power token increase??!
    Wheels,
    I have half as many power tokens now as I did at the beginning of the year. I had almost a thousand and now have 450. And yes it is getting harder to get the items to open the dunes. The most current in my game I spend rubies to buy out the last two items. I am hoping to save power tokens this way. I have enough rubies to do this now. I have saved enough rubies to open the last two dunes that I missed earlier and can earn enough per week to buy out the last two items and hopefully save some power tokens.
    Level 117 just in time.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeN32 View Post
    If you reach the candy bar cap, the crypt will favour shovels and coffees instead. Only once you reach the soft cap on all three will the crypt favour the site items, but when you do it is a very big improvement in item drop rate.
    Mike,
    I figured that was the case but was hoping it might help. I think I will do what I did this week which was to use rubies to buy out the last two items and hope to save some power tokens. And what is left I might buy some candy bars. I have it as one of my goals to get to 1000 so I will keep working at that. Hitting the cap on anything else isn't going to happen. I need lots of coffee and about 10,000 shovels to hit that cap. I barely had 200 last week for Monday madness and probably won't have 200 this Monday.
    Level 117 just in time.

Mike,
    I figured that was the case but was hoping it might help. I think I will do what I did this week which was to use rubies to buy out the last two items and hope to save some power tokens. And what is left I might buy some candy bars. I have it as one of my goals to get to 1000 so I will keep working at that. Hitting the cap on anything else isn't going to happen. I need lots of coffee and about 10,000 shovels to hit that cap. I barely had 200 last week for Monday madness and probably won't have 200 this Monday.
    Want to hear a really pathetic power token story? In my Original Game, I was trying to complete one of the early DR dunes...the Hanging Gardens I think. It was winding down to the final few hours and I was not having much luck finding the relics...eventually, I ran out of tokens. So I dashed out to the nearest Walgreen and bought an iTunes card to buy some tokens. I forget how much I paid for what seemed a paltry amount of tokens. I just needed to find one more relic. I was down to the last of my purchased tokens when, YAY! I found the elusive relic.Then, BOO! my whole game finally blew up and I lost everything!

Lol...I just read what I wrote above...so much melodrama, so little time.
    A million years ago.

Longtime Tapper
    And you're defo no drama queen, sweetie darling! It was the hanging gardens that nearly blew my game.

Cossy, I use 20 - 30 pts for 3 relics and pay 4K for last 2, have no idea why but can't be bothered with Monday madness!

Wheels, I LOVE giant chess board, there's a cat and a unicorn! Many happy searches there!

Quote Originally Posted by Pippy View Post
    And you're defo no drama queen, sweetie darling!
    Nor are you...looking Fabulous sweetie...

Views: 167
Size:  97.1 KB
    A million years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeN32 View Post
    Mike,

I know what you're trying to say and it is essentially correct. However, your last sentence (and I think Hollow will back me up on this) is not 100% correct.

Hitting the cap on CBs, Coffees and/or shovels DOES impact the others where you have not reached the cap on, through eliminating the appearance of those that you've "capped" out. Those items that you haven't "capped" out still appear at the same pattern, but appear more populated due to the others no longer appearing. This can be specifically seen in the "unlocking" relics for new dunes. The appearance rate is the same for me (and I'm capped out on CBs, Coffees and Shovels), but my odds improve dramatically for picking them due to the "capped" out assets that I have reached.

If you watch the patterning of the "construction" relics, they still have a max of 2 and a minimum of 1 on the Gold row and an occasional bonus 1 on the Silver row. This dispersion isn't different than prior to my capped assets, just that the absence of those capped assets allows that dispersion pattern to happen in place of the capped assets. So, there's technically not more construction relics (per crypt round) after capping assets, just that the pattern rate replaces when those capped assets would've come out, giving you a better chance at finding them. Either way, the max construction relics you could see appear in one crypt session is 3 (2 in the Gold row and 1 in the Silver row). The same is true for the appearance (or patterning) of non-capped assets (CBs, Coffees and/or Shovels), the patterning amount per crypt round is the same, except that subsequent rounds non-capped assets will pattern again in replacement of capped assets.

I know this is slightly confusing, but the bottom line is that the non-capped asset amounts in each crypt round don't increase, but the replacement frequency for capped assets happens over subsequent crypt rounds, greatly improving a player's odds of finding them. I hope that makes sense. Hollow, correct me if I'm wrong or if you can word it better.
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Wheels, I LOVE giant chess board, there's a cat and a unicorn! Many happy searches there! [/QUOTE]

I am more of a mahjong fan myself.... but it is a nice scene!

I am more of a mahjong fan myself.... but it is a nice scene!
    Isn't mahjong an old ladies' game? I remember episodes of The Golden Girls where they were all sitting around playing mahjong! Lol...

And no, Cyber...before you jump in...I don't play.
    A million years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post
    Isn't mahjong an old ladies' game? I remember episodes of The Golden Girls where they were all sitting around playing mahjong! Lol...

And no, Cyber...before you jump in...I don't play.
    Thanks! SE, Salmo is picking on me!! Just wait, she will sort you out!!

Aaaah! I sound like my kids lol, spare a thought for all us parents only on day 2 of the 6 week school summer holidays and already I am ready to cry...

Thanks! SE, Salmo is picking on me!! Just wait, she will sort you out!!

Aaaah! I sound like my kids lol, spare a thought for all us parents only on day 2 of the 6 week school summer holidays and already I am ready to cry...
    Sal. For your information you need to be uber intelligent and a higher member of mensa to play Mahjong. Its bridge that old ladies play, intelligent old ladies. I am a whiz at cribbage, bridge is an art form I never understood and I built three tiles of my mahjong wall in about two hours.

Happy Eely?
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Intrepid Explorer
    Happy July 4th to forum members from across the border. Enjoy the BBQ's and the fireworks. I will be watching (on tv) the display from NY.

Sal. For your information you need to be uber intelligent and a higher member of mensa to play Mahjong. Its bridge that old ladies play, intelligent old ladies. I am a whiz at cribbage, bridge is an art form I never understood and I built three tiles of my mahjong wall in about two hours.

Happy Eely?
    Bless you! My guardian angel as always!

Bless you! My guardian angel as always!
    I'm sorry Cha Cha...my bad.

Views: 123
Size:  89.5 KB
    A million years ago.

Sal.
    I have a photo taken from the side where I look exactly like the one on the extreme right. I have been looking for days but still cannot find it. serendipity.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

Sal.
    I have a photo taken from the side where I look exactly like the one on the extreme right. I have been looking for days but still cannot find it. serendipity.
    I remember that post! Wasn't that the one with you showing off your new hair??!

Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3575838485