Thread: Let's be positive

Let's be positive

I play Campus Life on an IOS device and an android. I understand that we are all waiting for an update, but let's make the CL android discussion into a forum, not a complainer's page. If you check out the CL game for IOS, you can see that it has treads about everything, not just one topic. And sadly, the one topic on this page is complaining. I think that we should all be grateful for the game we have, and just be patient for an update. Now lets make this into a forum!

Stop being negative

Mango

Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    I play Campus Life on an IOS device and an android. I understand that we are all waiting for an update, but let's make the CL android discussion into a forum, not a complainer's page. If you check out the CL game for IOS, you can see that it has treads about everything, not just one topic. And sadly, the one topic on this page is complaining. I think that we should all be grateful for the game we have, and just be patient for an update. Now lets make this into a forum!

Stop being negative

Mango
    I agree with you, but I also see where everyone else is coming from. I also play on an IOS and have a "side game" on my droid and honestly there isn't much you can do with an android once you get past the tent quests in my opinion..it's fun to play here and there but nothing compared to the ios version..idk why PG hasn't made updates for the android. the code is probably different and they just don't feel it important to do. they generate so much money from their ios version...it would be nice if this android section was like our regular CL section of the forum, because we really don't have any spoiler threads or anything on this one and I would like to see how far we can go in the android version, like how many sets of girls, tent quests, etc..
    🎀💄GameCenter me: Stephaniechelle

@mango When you have gotten to the point where you have spent money on something and it fails to progress after almost a year after your investment I think then you'll understand. Unfortunately you seem to be in a good place since you are able to play the ios version. And as satwell21 pointed out we would be posting more about events and fun things if we got the same type of events and updates as the ios users. I think your statement is biased because if the Android version doesn't progress you can just swith to ios with no sweat off your back.

I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't think you're in the same situation as the rest of us are

Several players weighed in on this issue on another game (Epic Empire), and it was enlightening. Seems it's a heck of a lot harder to program, debug, and upgrade things in Android vs. IOS. Lemme see if I can find the link and I'll post it.

The context of the convo was basically, "There IS an upgrade being worked on right now (for EE, for Android), but everything in Android takes longer." First quote is from a PG Employee, Nic.

- - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    Android is a different platform than iOS that furthermore has to support a frightening amount of different devices. This means it takes more time to work on and has Android-specific bugs. If you doubt the difficulties of this process then I encourage you to look into the porting of iOS apps to Android and the challenges of developing for Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    Implementing an update for all android devices is time consuming because of the vast number of devices. Ever heard of fragmentation (not that android developers complain about that). There are so many configurations that need to be tested. Mind you, one can narrow down the devices used to test on. Regardless, it does take longer on android than IOS and more resources. In time they may put more resources in the Android team, until then this is how it is...By the way, once updates are submitted they are controlled by apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojers View Post
    As a new member to the forum and the game and being a long time Android user, what people don't seem to realize is, Apple's iOS is, from what I understand since I'm not an Apple user, straight across the board when it comes to programming. Android, however, is all over the place. Seems like each Android device has a slightly different reaction to code. I've seen this as an Android phone user and as a Kindle Fire HDX user - there are programs that come out on Amazon in Apps for Android that will NOT show up on my device even if I search for it by name on my device and when I go to the site on Amazon it says it's not compatible with my device even though I have an Android device. So it doesn't surprise me that it takes longer for updates for Androids. I'm hanging on by my fingernails right now waiting for Gravitarium 2 update after they sorta prematurely released it to the Kindle devices. Their Fire HD had it working fine - the HDX they didn't test it on assuming they were the same which they are for the most part, but it obviously handles code differently because the program does not run right on the device. They are currently working to figure out what went wrong on the porting since it worked for the HD after they got their hands on an HDX and discovered all the bugs I was talking about.

So the love is there - it's Android who is allowing all the companies to have their own little proprietary things on their devices. That and they stopped supporting Adobe Flash player (separate topic but personal pet peeve )
    - - -

Hope this helps a little.
    Last edited by Rookie; 04-08-14 at 09:42 PM.
    "Curiosity only maimed the cat..." =^.^= "I did NOT trip and fall...I attacked the floor, and I believe I am winning."
    https://pocketgems.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new <-- copy/paste TO SUBMIT A TICKET TO PG

I want to have another game & there is no way I will risk my main game on my iphone by having 2 on the same device. So I was considering playing on an android device. I like you all posted the explanation as to why it is so much longer & harder to upgrade on android vs apple OS. Hmm I will have to keep thinking & considering this.

I also agree that it is more fun to keep the forums positive!

If I worked for PG I would not voluntarily read our forum stuff since it can get so negative & PG bashing even when people explain why things are the way we are. We do not live in the perfect world of the Walgreens commercials. I feel so bad if some PG employees have to read all the meanness and negativity people post which I fear they might because how else could they moderate it. Unless... since they are technical geniuses they have their computers set up to do a lot of monitoring for them. That would be better. And maybe they swap out who has to check on the forum.
    Last edited by Imani; 06-14-14 at 01:32 PM.
    Enjoying Campus Life since Sept. 2012! *Hope more people keep playing CL & other PG games*