Thread: Community Guidelines

Community Guidelines

I have taken this thread post from the announcements and have put it in here. Please forgive me for the double post!
    ------
    Hello Forum-ers!
    I wanted to take some time and go over some helpful tips, basic rules, and give you a bit of information of how the forums operates and how it will operate moving forward.

Helpful tips!
    1. In order to avoid creating multiple threads on the same issue (quests, bugs, feedback ,etc) please keep these things in mind before starting a new tread.
    a) Before you decide to create a new thread, please do a quick search(located on the top right corner of the page) to see if any of your fellow forum-ers have already started a thread. If you do not see anything, post away! =)
    b) If you encounter a thread that has already been created, please note* that there is already a forum thread about this issue. Someone from PG will official close the duplicate thread.
    *When noting that there is already a thread about an issue, please be nice and kindly direct them to the original thread.

c) Please keep in mind that everyone's sense of humor is different. What may be funny to you may not be the same for others. To avoid any argument with other users, please look over your comments and make sure that they are appropriate and would not offend anyone. =)

2. When creating a new thread post about current quests, please include **SPOILERS** in your title so that users who see your thread know what to expect.

Basic Rules
    Be nice. There has always been a great community of users gathered here who talk and share their love for the game. Please continue this great tradition by not:
    a) Using profanity
    b) Arguing with one another / attacking one another
    We at PG love hearing from our users. if you do not like something, or enjoy it a great deal, please share the reasons why with us. It is easier to work with our players to improve our games when you provide us with helpful feedback.

A bit more information
    For newer users joining us in our forums...Welcome! Here are two things you should know!
    1. We would suggest starting off by reading this thread post from the Customer Support team. It will give you more insight about our FAQs and how to submit a ticket to the Support Team: https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...r-Support-team!

2. You will notice that your first forum post will not show instantly; don't worry! With each new user, their very first post is sent to our administrative tool box to get validated. Once we validate your first comment, you'll never have to experience this again. This method is used to filter out spammers and robots! If you see yourself in this situation, please be patient with us, and you'll see your post soon!

---------
    Thank you for reading this and we hope that it was helpful! If you have anything to add to this, please feel free to comment below! Happy Tappings everyone! =D =D =D =D
    In coolest game, in slowest lag, No user shall escape my sight. Let all those who break our rules, Beware my sig...PGJohn's might!

Hi John
    Gamecentre ID: .: Vince :.

*tips hat* Lunchbox
    In coolest game, in slowest lag, No user shall escape my sight. Let all those who break our rules, Beware my sig...PGJohn's might!

What's profanity?

Sometimes Here, Sometimes There, but never near
    Quote Originally Posted by Emenemeno View Post
    What's profanity?
    swearing, cursing, foul speech, strong language, dirty words, cussing, bad words, bad language, adult language
    pejorative language that shows disrespect, desecration or debasement
    Get gas cards cheap and make money as well,
    make money from home: http://www.GasClubOfAmerica.com/ and click "JOIN US" then use referral ID: STORBIN

I tried the link above & recvd error that this page cannot be found.
    Need 2 post ticket as my game keeps shutting down & when I go back in treats are gone
    And treat priced food is in my kitchen. I' ve lost a min 25 treats w/ this problem
    Plz help Pg!!

@Gtay826 - thanks for the heads up! the link should work now!

Thank you for the guidelines John Good idea to have them set out clearly, and I appreciate all the work you and the team do!
    Game Center: LuthienNienna
    TapPetHotel Addict, Level 59 - Millionaire

Nice to see this topic. Saves a lot of time reading all new topics over the same problem or quest.

This is great! I had a thought to maybe add that people should avoid using reply with quote when what they're responding to is a large body of text or a large picture. Instead, they could just use @username like I've seen people use. Just helps to reduce clutter in threads.

Quote Originally Posted by rachelm7 View Post
    This is great! I had a thought to maybe add that people should avoid using reply with quote when what they're responding to is a large body of text or a large picture. Instead, they could just use @username like I've seen people use. Just helps to reduce clutter in threads.
    I love this idea. Sometimes users will type paragraphs, and when someone else 'replies with quote' it just makes the whole page even longer! Great idea Rachel
    CMH<3 Game Center: 🎀CaitlynHershey💋

Thanks John for your clear post,we are a good bunch on here who rub along together nicely and are v supportive and helpful to each other!

@Dibble - Agreed \o/

@ rachelm7 Quotes can be used sparingly. Quotes can also be pared down. Here is example of how I pared down the original post @PGJohn.
    Quote Originally Posted by PGJohn View Post
    I have taken this thread post from the announcements and have put it in here. Please forgive me for the double post!
    ------
    Hello Forum-ers!
    P.S. Quotes are nice sometimes to not have to go looking around the posts to see what new post is all about.. I especially like quotes when the topics have multiple pages because I usually come back to a post days later to read additional posts. It seems to save time.
    Last edited by traveller2015; 06-28-12 at 03:46 AM.

Exclamation Help

John, I've sent in 3 help requests to pocket gems, but no one will respond. I clicked to update then my game went into limbo and won't update or open. The only way I can play is thru game enter, but I can't visit my friends because my game has not updated. Can/ will you please help? I've included my UID# also. My ticket is Ticket ID: TXW-419-90195

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PGJohn View Post
    ------
    Hello Forum-ers!
    I wanted to take some time and go over some helpful tips, basic rules, and give you a bit of information of how the forums operates and how it will operate moving forward.

Helpful tips!
    1. In order to avoid creating multiple threads on the same issue (quests, bugs, feedback ,etc) please keep these things in mind before starting a new tread.
    a) Before you decide to create a new thread, please do a quick search(located on the top right corner of the page) to see if any of your fellow forum-ers have already started a thread. If you do not see anything, post away! =)
    b) If you encounter a thread that has already been created, please note* that there is already a forum thread about this issue. Someone from PG will official close the duplicate thread.
    *When noting that there is already a thread about an issue, please be nice and kindly direct them to the original thread.

c) Please keep in mind that everyone's sense of humor is different. What may be funny to you may not be the same for others. To avoid any argument with other users, please look over your comments and make sure that they are appropriate and would not offend anyone. =)

2. When creating a new thread post about current quests, please include **SPOILERS** in your title so that users who see your thread know what to expect.

Basic Rules
    Be nice. There has always been a great community of users gathered here who talk and share their love for the game. Please continue this great tradition by not:
    a) Using profanity
    b) Arguing with one another / attacking one another
    We at PG love hearing from our users. if you do not like something, or enjoy it a great deal, please share the reasons why with us. It is easier to work with our players to improve our games when you provide us with helpful feedback.

A bit more information
    For newer users joining us in our forums...Welcome! Here are two things you should know!
    1. We would suggest starting off by reading this thread post from the Customer Support team. It will give you more insight about our FAQs and how to submit a ticket to the Support Team: https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...r-Support-team!

2. You will notice that your first forum post will not show instantly; don't worry! With each new user, their very first post is sent to our administrative tool box to get validated. Once we validate your first comment, you'll never have to experience this again. This method is used to filter out spammers and robots! If you see yourself in this situation, please be patient with us, and you'll see your post soon!

---------
    Thank you for reading this and we hope that it was helpful! If you have anything to add to this, please feel free to comment below! Happy Tappings everyone! =D =D =D =D

Hey Comicfan - The earliest ticket(using the new support program) I have from you is the 27th, does that sound about right? In any case, I have replied back to you via the ticketing system. =)