Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Other games you all would recommend?

Other games you all would recommend?

This game is getting to be a bit too expensive. I know I am luckier than some because I am a working person who can afford to spend a bit, but I don't like the way the business model is set up right now. It's too much of a cash drain for playing times that aren't that long, and the changing prices and differing prices per player don't give me a very warm and fuzzy feeling. (The latest thing I noticed is that my botanical garden does technically give a diamond out every day, but it's rotating on a 26 to 27 hour day. I mean, really? Is saving a diamond every two weeks or so really worth it to PG?) The technical problems are frustrating as well.

So...looking for game recommendations. I like Words with Friends and Scrabble (and they don't keep costing money) and there is a puzzle game called "The Room" which I highly recommend. I don't tend to like games with "race against the clock" type things though.

Any recommendations? Thanks!
    Last edited by Sharon11; 09-21-13 at 12:36 PM.
    Fashion Showdown: Shaylie1127
    Game Center: STess1127 (mention the forums please!)

Thank goodness for this thread!
    I have started playing a game called High School Story. It's free to play. Their premium currency is rings, and get this, you start your game with 300 of them! You buy land, get classmates, and can go on dates, parties, and quests. Most quests are coin quests, too. You can even play without internet connection. Search for it in the App Store, and tell me what you think! It's a relatively new game, and new features are being rolled out all the time. Thanks!
    Last edited by Puppylover06; 09-21-13 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon11 View Post
    This game is getting to be a but too expensive. I know I am luckier than some because I am a working person who can afford to spend a bit, but I don't like the way the business model is set up right now. It's too much of a cash drain for playing times that aren't that long, and the changing prices and differing prices per player don't give me a very warm and fuzzy feeling. (The latest thing I noticed is that my botanical garden does technically give a diamond out every day, but it's rotating on a 26 to 27 hour day. I mean, really? Is saving a diamond every two weeks or so really worth it to PG?) The technical problems are frustrating as well.

So...looking for game recommendations. I like Words with Friends and Scrabble (and they don't keep costing money) and there is a puzzle game called "The Room" which I highly recommend. I don't tend to like games with "race against the clock" type things though.

Any recommendations? Thanks!
    I don't play many other games besides CL.
    My favorite ones are:
    - Cut the Rope in all its versions (you have to feed a little and super cute alien cutting the ropes to make candies fall in his mouth). It costs 0.89 cent but it's SO worthy;
    - QBism HD (you have to move cubes in a 3d space to fill a geometric shape). It costs 0.89 as well but it assures many hours of gameplay;
    - Ruzzle, I bet you know it ;
    - Fruit Ninjia is famous too, and it has both a free and a 0.89 (or 1.79?) extended version.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Puppylover06 View Post
    I have started playing a game called High School Story. It's free to play. Their premium currency is rings, and get this, you start your game with 300 of them! You buy land, get classmates, and can go on dates, parties, and quests. Most quests are coin quests, too. Search for it in the App Store, and tell me what you think! It's a relatively new game, and new features are being rolled out all the time. Thanks!
    Oh Im going to download high school story right now that sounds fun. I also downloaded "covet fashion" which miso recommended & im about to go check that one out too. Also you can call me a dork but I like Jurassic park builder too. It's fun!
    Last edited by Envisagedream; 09-21-13 at 02:06 PM.

I have started playing a game called High School Story. It's free to play. Their premium currency is rings, and get this, you start your game with 300 of them! You buy land, get classmates, and can go on dates, parties, and quests. Most quests are coin quests, too. Search for it in the App Store, and tell me what you think! It's a relatively new game, and new features are being rolled out all the time. Thanks!
    I downloaded it sometimes ago but don't really like it.
    CL is the best game in its genre IMO, speaking of depth of gameplay, richness of contents, quality of designs and so on. And I also think it's possible to enjoy it without spending real money... I have never purchased diamonds until last month and just because there was a nice deal, not because I had to.

All that said, anyone has different tastes and I hope you all enjoy high school story and other games

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    I downloaded it sometimes ago but don't really like it.
    CL is the best game in its genre IMO, speaking of depth of gameplay, richness of contents, quality of designs and so on. And I also think it's possible to enjoy it without spending real money... I have never purchased diamonds until last month and just because there was a nice deal, not because I had to.

All that said, anyone has different tastes and I hope you all enjoy high school story and other games
    I started playing high school story and I kind of like it. Lol! I think its funny you can link students to people on their Facebook. I accidentally chose a nerd boy and linked him to my husband David and it said on his Facebook wall "Casey thinks David is a nerd" hahaha But I don't think anything will ever get me away from campus life completely.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    assassin creed series
    metal gear solid series
    Beyond Two Souls (not out to general public yet, but I have it)
    Unchartered 2/3
    The Lasts of Us

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

OMG I was going to suggest this game! It's kind of dumb but it's entertaining when you are bored. There isn't as much wait time as there is in CL and you can get "rings", which are equivalent to gems, a LOT easier than you can get gems in CL. I wish PG would adopt that...
    Itís more than just a mission, you hear but you donít listen. You better pay attention and get what you been missing
    -Drake

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    assassin creed series
    metal gear solid series
    Unchartered 2/3
    The Lasts of Us
    DA, you are too hard core for us! Go away! :P
    Itís more than just a mission, you hear but you donít listen. You better pay attention and get what you been missing
    -Drake

Quote Originally Posted by $prinkles View Post
    DA, you are too hard core for us! Go away! :P
    LOL ok how about hopscotch

Sounds perfect! Or maybe even tic-tac-toe for a real challenge
    -Drake

Minion Rush or Subway Surfers?
    Game Center: Erdrgz98

Episode Code: BBCH2H9U4X

assassin creed series
    metal gear solid series
    Unchartered 2/3
    The Lasts of Us
    Lol what in the world are these games? I think I'm going to be dangerous and download lol *shivers*

assassin creed series
    metal gear solid series
    Unchartered 2/3
    The Lasts of Us
    How is Beyond Two Souls?!
    GC and FS ID: Damestra

I downloaded a game called Stardom today because I was frustrated with campus life. There is stardom and stardom:Hollywood. I prefer the stardom: Hollywood, but both are VERY similar
    Fashion Showdown: Savacca

Miso was completely right. Once you get used to it and see what its about Covet Fashion is really good. You compete wth other players based on your look and win cash and unlock more clothes as you progress. The coolest thing about the game is that if you love the outfit so much it is made by designer brands and if you have the money you can by them for your own self. It separates into categories that CL does and you can literally buy jewelry, pants, skirts, shirts, dresses, miscellaneous for your virtual girls qnd also yourself! Wow

Hey cut that out! Some of the younger one may not know what that is

And us oldies can't play it with our new hips!!
    "When the people fear the government there is tyranny. When the government fears the people there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

"There is no failure except in no longer trying" -Elbert Hubbard

Fairway Solitaire is lots of fun and worth paying for the full version (I think it's $4.99 for the iPad app). You do have the option of purchasing things with real money, however it is not necessary in order to play or enjoy the game. The only thing is make sure you back up frequently.

I like Sims Freeplay too. I would buy Sims 3, but I'd want all the expansions and I don't care to deal with that.

Academy HD (a cooking game--be careful, a few rounds and you'll want to raid your fridge IRL, haha), Dimensions and Mahjong Towers are good too. Also Mahjong (by Byterun).

I have a bunch, but those are what I play the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Envisagedream View Post
    Lol what in the world are these games? I think I'm going to be dangerous and download lol *shivers*
    They are game console games.

I like Sims FreePlay too.
    Also: Tree World and Zombie Farm (cute zombies).

Quote Originally Posted by Damestra View Post
    How is Beyond Two Souls?!
    Those who like the game Heavy Rain will love this. Regardless the game is fantastic. Love the story, love the character, love the game play. It is intense!

omg i just found high school story too! i also sometimes play virtual family 2. the pace is slower than campus life and there aren't quests, so there's less reason to use real money...no need to finish stuff within a certain time frame.

Hey everyone, we've moved this thread from Campus Life into the Off Topic since it is no longer discussing Campus Life. Thanks!

Sorority Superstar terrihallman's Avatar
    Candy crush
    Terrihallman Game Center ID. Please mention the CL forums for an add to friends list.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast