Thread: Community Guidelines

Community Guidelines

Just a minute of your time:
    Hello Forum-ers!
    I wanted to take some time and go over some helpful tips, basic rules, and give you a bit of information of how the forums operates and how it will operate moving forward.

Helpful tips!
    1. In order to avoid creating multiple threads on the same issue (quests, bugs, feedback ,etc) please keep these things in mind before starting a new tread.
    a) Before you decide to create a new thread, please do a quick search(located on the top right corner of the page) to see if any of your fellow forum-ers have already started a thread. If you do not see anything, post away! =)
    b) If you encounter a thread that has already been created, please note* that there is already a forum thread about this issue. Someone from PG will official close the duplicate thread.
    *When noting that there is already a thread about an issue, please be nice and kindly direct them to the original thread.

c) Please keep in mind that everyone's sense of humor is different. What may be funny to you may not be the same for others. To avoid any argument with other users, please look over your comments and make sure that they are appropriate and would not offend anyone. =)

2. When creating a new thread post about current quests, please include **SPOILERS** in your title so that users who see your thread know what to expect.

Basic Rules
    Be nice. There has always been a great community of users gathered here who talk and share their love for the game. Please continue this great tradition by not:
    a) Using profanity
    b) Arguing with one another / attacking one another
    We at PG love hearing from our users. if you do not like something, or enjoy it a great deal, please share the reasons why with us. It is easier to work with our players to improve our games when you provide us with helpful feedback."

A bit more information
    For newer users joining us in our forums...Welcome! Here are two things you should know!
    1. We would suggest starting off by reading this thread post from the Customer Support team. It will give you more insight about our FAQs and how to submit a ticket to the Support Team: https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...r-Support-team

2. You will notice that your first forum post will not show instantly; don't worry! With each new user, their very first post is sent to our administrative tool box to get validated. Once we validate your first comment, you'll never have to experience this again. This method is used to filter out spammers and robots! If you see yourself in this situation, please be patient with us, and you'll see your post soon!

---------
    Thank you for reading this and we hope that it was helpful! If you have anything to add to this, please feel free to comment below! Happy Tappings everyone! =D =D =D =D
    In coolest game, in slowest lag, No user shall escape my sight. Let all those who break our rules, Beware my sig...PGJohn's might!

Woohoo Animal Voyage!!

woohoo animal voyage!

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    You might want to add something about reputation as well John. It is not there to abuse and leave nasty remarks.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    You might want to add something about reputation as well John. It is not there to abuse and leave nasty remarks.
    This might be a good idea, I'll never understand how frustrated one must be to leave offending comments without knowing who the recipient actually is.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    This might be a good idea, I'll never understand how frustrated one must be to leave offending comments without knowing who the recipient actually is.
    I don't think frustrated is the word for their actions.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    I don't think frustrated is the word for their actions.
    Frustration, hurting others, pure ignorance, stupidity, there might be a long list of motivations. Sometimes it looks like the pure information is rated.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

Quote Originally Posted by PGJohn View Post
    Just a minute of your time:
    Hello Forum-ers!
    I wanted to take some time and go over some helpful tips, basic rules, and give you a bit of information of how the forums operates and how it will operate moving forward.

Helpful tips!
    1. In order to avoid creating multiple threads on the same issue (quests, bugs, feedback ,etc) please keep these things in mind before starting a new tread.
    a) Before you decide to create a new thread, please do a quick search(located on the top right corner of the page) to see if any of your fellow forum-ers have already started a thread. If you do not see anything, post away! =)
    b) If you encounter a thread that has already been created, please note* that there is already a forum thread about this issue. Someone from PG will official close the duplicate thread.
    *When noting that there is already a thread about an issue, please be nice and kindly direct them to the original thread.

c) Please keep in mind that everyone's sense of humor is different. What may be funny to you may not be the same for others. To avoid any argument with other users, please look over your comments and make sure that they are appropriate and would not offend anyone. =)

2. When creating a new thread post about current quests, please include **SPOILERS** in your title so that users who see your thread know what to expect.

Basic Rules
    Be nice. There has always been a great community of users gathered here who talk and share their love for the game. Please continue this great tradition by not:
    a) Using profanity
    b) Arguing with one another / attacking one another
    We at PG love hearing from our users. if you do not like something, or enjoy it a great deal, please share the reasons why with us. It is easier to work with our players to improve our games when you provide us with helpful feedback."

A bit more information
    For newer users joining us in our forums...Welcome! Here are two things you should know!
    1. We would suggest starting off by reading this thread post from the Customer Support team. It will give you more insight about our FAQs and how to submit a ticket to the Support Team: https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...r-Support-team

2. You will notice that your first forum post will not show instantly; don't worry! With each new user, their very first post is sent to our administrative tool box to get validated. Once we validate your first comment, you'll never have to experience this again. This method is used to filter out spammers and robots! If you see yourself in this situation, please be patient with us, and you'll see your post soon!

---------
    Thank you for reading this and we hope that it was helpful! If you have anything to add to this, please feel free to comment below! Happy Tappings everyone! =D =D =D =D
    Do you think you could get everyone going on the new quest in the cove before you keep comeing out with new things. You will just have bugs in this you need to fix. also might be good to address some of the trouble tickets out there. A better response than "try closing the game by double tapping the Home Button on your device" then sending a survey to be completed.

Love the new game, John! Pressing on....
    Tribez and Castlez ID: n5sjyq/Cupajo

Game Center ID: Doorsong2

been looking for the right topic to ask my question, but couldn't find any, so I post here and mod can move if possible..
    I'm playing the Animal Voyage on iPad, but want to continue the same game on iPhone.. I assume the Game Center log-in could do that, but doesn't matter which GC ID I'm on, the same game is there, thus there is no distinguishable game for the GC ID. Does that mean I have to create Pocket ID to play on Multiple devices? thanks..

I can transfer mine perfectly gc. To save the latest gamestate, it's necessary to open the app on the first device for a final time before opening it on the other one - it saves while opening. You have to use the same gc ID on both devices, gc is the only option to play on multiple devices. That's how it works for me, what you described should provide the current gamestate.
    Another option is to transfer the game via a computer, but I suppose that's not the solution you're looking for.

Sometimes I have to delete the game to get the latest data if I want to transfer it to a device I already used. If you do so, keep it on the first device, delete and reinstall it on the second, never choose the option to remove it from gc and backup regularly.
    Last edited by Kate; 08-28-13 at 02:33 AM.

Thanks for your answer. I tested my theory. I created Pocket ID on iPad, downloaded the game to iPhone. Opened it and signed in with iPad's Pocket ID on iPhone. At this time, both devices had different GameCenter IDs. The game continued where I left off on iPad to iPhone. Got home, opened game on iPad, game picked up where left off on iPhone and so on. Pocket ID is to use if I want the same game on multiple devices. I know for DragonVale, I can sign in to different GC IDs and they're all different games, and I like that option. PG games even though are associated with GC but don't work the same way I thought.

I have no idea what a pocket ID is. Is it the ID which was introduced when pg added the social feature to pet hotel? This didn't work properly and I have no idea how to connect my games to it. GC works perfectly for me, hard to believe but it finally does.

Hello, could you tell me how long it takes for a new user to be validated and for posts to appear. I registered on 9/10 and received confirmation that my registration was accepted. When I log in, the box with posting permissions shows that I have full permissions. I posted a reply to darkangel's thread requesting updates on outstanding bugs and unresolved issues and I can seea green icon in that thread indicating that I have posted, but my post has still to be published.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fladdis View Post
    Do you think you could get everyone going on the new quest in the cove before you keep comeing out with new things. You will just have bugs in this you need to fix. also might be good to address some of the trouble tickets out there. A better response than "try closing the game by double tapping the Home Button on your device" then sending a survey to be completed.