Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tribez - let's share

Sorority Superstar BlackCatLady's Avatar

The Tribez - let's share

There have been a few forum members start playing Tribez recently and there are some members that have been playing for a long time. I thought it might be useful to have a thread that we can share experiences, ask questions of more advanced players, post funny/nice/unusual pictures and generally. As PG have always been happy to have these off-topic threads for non-PG games, I have taken the liberty of creating this now.
    A cat leaves paw prints on your heart.

GC ID: BLACKCATLADY! - TPC (no longer playing but have not deleted my game!) & TZ
    Tribez & Castlez - 56bcia / BlackCatLady

Zookeeper
    Good idea BCL! There could be a LOT of funny pictures from what I've seen so far I'm up to level 17.

One funny thing so far - after the first day playing (Saturday) I did finally turn down sound, but not the notifications I guess - so as was going to sleep heard my iPad say "yo"!!

Oh - and I'm afaid my zoo got sadly neglected over the weekend ....

Intrepid Explorer
    Can anyone tell me how to get lumber without spending real money? I have lots of wood, but can't figure out how to convert it to lumber.

Zookeeper
    Have you built the lumber mill yet? That's what keeps me in lumber now. Sorry can't remember exactly which level but I've had it for a few now and I'm on 19.

Zookeeper
    And on another note, if anyone more advanced than us is reading this, how do you get cut stone?

Angelic Member
    The stone processing mill converts stone into cut stone.

Zookeeper
    Brill, thanks Hayden! I see it now, just can't get it yet as there is a quest to complete first. Kind of strange because I had a quest to build the cottage which takes stone, and I did have 20 in my warehouse which I have no idea where they came from! Still, I got a deal on the stone so decided to build it anyway

I am on level 85 you can go thru this whole game if you choose without buying gems however save the ones you get for leveling up and use on quests that are real tough and there are a few.If anyone is stuck you can pm me will try to help you need to build lots of trading posts and other coin producing items
    Everything doesn't happen for a reason, but there is a reason for everything.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    I want to download this game but not done it yet. To afraid, not enough fingers to go round.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    I want to download this game but not done it yet. To afraid, not enough fingers to go round.
    very addictive

Puppy shelter...cruising along in the gene pool of life!
    Doncha' be fraid DA Lassie...

Let those "not enuf fingers" fly and download the game.... Go for it!!

You shall have no regrets.
    Law of Logical Argument ...... "Anything is possible if you don't know what you're talking about"
    "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining"
    "I am the dark side"

DA - although I am finding Tribez enjoyable it comes with a warning that it could easily become addictive. I have gone from playing TPC and TZ (dabbling in Candy Crush and Bubble Witch) to TPC, TZ, SP(slowly) and Tribez. I find that really this is too much for someone who has to work and live a life too.
    Tribez is something that (so far) I am doing at my own pace but there is always something that can be done with lots of small tasks to complete. However it also does not 'harm' if you shut it down for a few hours (or so I find at the moment). And just keep ignoring the special offers!

My only negatives, and this is just comparing it with PG games is that the screen is more cluttered with the info, task, tools and store bars etc and you cannot see much of the area beyond that you have already expanded easily (but both are not detrimental to the game)

Still finding SP repetitive and boring, even with all your advice, and getting the items to rebuild the damages search scene buildings is taking an eternity. Might be giving up on this game soon.

GC ID: BLACKCATLADY! - TPC (no longer playing but have not deleted my game!) & TZ

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuppenceworth View Post
    Have you built the lumber mill yet? That's what keeps me in lumber now. Sorry can't remember exactly which level but I've had it for a few now and I'm on 19.
    No, and I can't build it because I dont have the quest yet that is required to get it. Does anyone remember how you get lumber before the mill? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wallaby View Post
    No, and I can't build it because I dont have the quest yet that is required to get it. Does anyone remember how you get lumber before the mill? Thanks
    you can't unless you buy it a lot of the quests don't come until you finish another then that triggers it if you need lumber the quest won't be far behind

Intrepid Explorer
    ok, thanks

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 12881
Size:  106.0 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallaby View Post
    and you will need several of them think I have 4 on the first island as you need lumber to build trading posts which are good coin producersName:  image.jpg
Views: 11175
Size:  105.1 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 10856
Size:  104.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 11329
Size:  105.9 KBadded pics of island number 1
    Last edited by impy22; 06-28-13 at 08:09 PM.

Looks like my nice pretty landscaped village with plenty of vegetation will have to become a Tokyo megatropolis. Just like TPC then.

Oh wow that's good and i appreciate it.

Intrepid Explorer
    Hi Everybody.

I have just become a "Tribez Tragic" within the last week. I love Paradise Cove and will always play it as long as PG support it, but with all the problems, bugs, crashes, missing quests and uneven playing field lately, I found myself wanting something more. So I downloaded Tribez and have been pretty impressed so far. (I am still on the first island, only level 22, have the raft built and and doing the quest-line to work out how to use it.)

I like the fact that the game seems to be already "pre-done". All the story-line and quests are in place and it's just a case of working through them. A lot less ad-hoc than PC.

I used to play a Game-Insight game called "Mystery Manor", so I'm familiar with the way that GI do their quests, graphics and game-play. I stopped playing that game because they became a bit too greedy for my liking. The started doing little tricks with quests that made items almost impossible to find and to progress, you had to spend money to get them. Make a game difficult, sure. Make Quests hard to complete, sure. Encourage people to spend money on a freemium game, sure. But make a quest impossible to complete without spending money - and then do it time and time again? NO. I haven't seen any evidence of this in The Tribez, so hopefully they have learnt from all the people leaving Mystery Manor in droves.

Anyway, I just wanted to say Hi, and tell you that I am really enjoying the game.

Angelic Member
    Hi Aussie! I discovered tribez too, and I love it!

Intrepid Explorer
    I am really enjoying this game too. I like how you have to coordinate resources, ie get wood to build lumber. I like how you are not penalized if you have to leave the game alone for awhile. I like how you can set the collection time or choose which resource to work on. And the little guys are kind of cute too.

I especially like how the dragons hid around buildings and jump on the marauders

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCatLady View Post
    Looks like my nice pretty landscaped village with plenty of vegetation will have to become a Tokyo megatropolis. Just like TPC then.
    you can bulldoze here

Intrepid Explorer
    Thanks Hayden, Wallaby and Impy. And BCL for creating this thread.

Yes, there are a lot of things in this game that PG can take note of. I can see myself getting more and more involved in this one. A lot of nice features and you don't feel the time pressure (or the bugs) as much as PC.

There is only one time-limited quest going at the moment, but I don't think I will finish that one. I'm too early in the game with not enough cash to spend $1,100 per shot at defeating the whirlwind to try and get the 8 diagrams needed. I must have knocked out at least 20 whirlwinds now and only have 3 diagrams. Plus I'm sure there are a lot more steps in that quest, so with only 3 days left, I have pretty much given up on that. Has anybody finished it and do you know what the "Grand Cannon" does?

(PS - Yay - I just made it to the second island!)

Angelic Member
    Every certain amount of hours the cannon can shoot. It shoots fireworks and gives out resources. So far it has been a different resource every time since I've had it. I believe it shoots every 20 or 24 hours. I will have to check that.

It's still early days in the game for me but I am enjoying it very much. I have progressed veeeeeeerrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy slowly so far and it is great that because of the structure of the game, that does not matter. It is a great game to fit around life!
    Giraffe - I too have tried to do the timed quest with the whirlwind but my still low coin incomes does mean that it is not viable so will probably stop tapping those guys and not bother going for the cannon. I have not made the raft yet (not opened that area up - told you I was doing it slowly) - have just built the school, still searching the plane for propellers and have yet to build a trading post but I do have 9 warehouses, 2 lumber mills, 2 quarries and 5 or 6 forester huts.
    Love the little men especially when they hide behind rocks as if they are going to the loo and all the little creatures.

Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast