Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am i banned from the server of pethotel?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Yes, I think it is one of those new STDs that's making the rounds.
    and being used by AlphaCrab you maybe right

of course... .lol

Please unbanne me

Iv been banned from this game & would please like be unbanned. I had my iPad taken away from me & found out someone jail broke it with out me knowing & I would most appreciate it if I got unbanned so can some please tell me how to get unbanned from it cus I love this game & I was a really good user & would really like someone to let me know.

@Chanelliebird - This is something you should submit a ticket for. Have you done so already?
    In coolest game, in slowest lag, No user shall escape my sight. Let all those who break our rules, Beware my sig...PGJohn's might!

I know this thread is old but I hadn't seen it before. Pretty funny!
    Game Center ID: rachelm7

lol thanks for commenting on it rachelm7, i hadnt seen it either and it sure made me laugh! The best part was when the writer of the thread goes, "lol u people are funny", i was like guess he is not mad anymore haha
    Game Center ID: janddolphins; Level 63
    Proud Tapohalic and owner of the pink heart hotel

*Please fix all the friends bugs, I miss the social aspects of giving gifts regularly to all my wonderful neighbor's here and getting gifts back in return

Oh thank you, thank you...finally a laugh!!! You guys are hilarious!!!

Game Center ID: Horsewomyn

Just replying to keep this thread live. It was and still is a classic

I heard a tech podcast about jail breaking and this thread being refreshed helped clarify for me the risks of messing with my device. Ah hem...funny how the podcast didn't mention that aspect...do love this thread!!!

OK - so I had to post - mainly as a caution to others. My kids have been playing Pet Hotel for months and nag constantly for TREATS. I've broken down and bought them a couple from time to time, but they've pretty much gone as far as they can with just the coins. Now we're back to constantly nagging for treats, so I thought I would try "the hack". I was immediately banned upon restarting the game and my kids can no longer play Pet Hotel (probably a good thing in the end).

So - if you've came across this and you're thinking of doing the hack - I strongly caution against it. I have an iPad and three iPhones. ALL FOUR devices are banned since they are all under my main account.

For me - it was a great lesson to my kids about "what happens to cheaters".

I'm sure your kids will ask you to make another account

The server will remember the UDID, not the account... Poor kids.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

Maybe poor kids in my opinion...but definately great Mom!!! Finding the important life lesson among the chaos of today's devices. Way to go thetrejos!!! Sorry your kids can't play anymore, but I admire your guts trying an alternative and I really admire the stamina it took to send your first post to us warning of this cheat. You had to wait to be approved, no doubt, before you could post. Thank you for helping out the community of PH tappers!!!

What a funny but informative post! I too had no idea what cydia was, and still don't. I am so glad you guys can catch cheaters. That guys pleas for help were great!!

First: I really appriciate that you realized that the jailbreak was wrong. Just have to read the rest of the thread to see how rare such a behavior is. But think about what it means people who earn their money with selling software, music and artwork. I wouldn't just bann someone if I found out he or she abuses stuff I created.

Second: @ kathytwin: no need to find it out, you'll be promised being able to get a system running much better than ios, but all you'll get is trouble, and being banned from severs is the minor. Could damage your device.
    Various profiles and also comments in the abandoned parts of this forum still contain suspicious links. IMHO taking care of such links is an important part of an administrators or moderators job. I won't report them anymore, but be aware that those links aren't always posted by newbies. Be careful if you get PMs by those members.

Just wanted to add on to what Kate is saying. People have horror stories of their $500 device becoming a useless paperweight because jail breaking can mess stuff up bad.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrejos View Post
    OK - so I had to post - mainly as a caution to others. My kids have been playing Pet Hotel for months and nag constantly for TREATS. I've broken down and bought them a couple from time to time, but they've pretty much gone as far as they can with just the coins. Now we're back to constantly nagging for treats, so I thought I would try "the hack". I was immediately banned upon restarting the game and my kids can no longer play Pet Hotel (probably a good thing in the end).

So - if you've came across this and you're thinking of doing the hack - I strongly caution against it. I have an iPad and three iPhones. ALL FOUR devices are banned since they are all under my main account.

For me - it was a great lesson to my kids about "what happens to cheaters".
    Considering that AlphaCrab was reinstated, you probably can be as well if you un-jailbreak your device. PG let people come back if they learn their lesson; either that or shout in caps lock very loudly, I haven't worked out which one worked in this case yet...
    Game center - SappheraW
    Tiny Social - SaffieW
    Origin, Plus Id - Sapphera

This thread is so informative. Thank you Kate for the insight and knowledge you shared. I know nothing about jail breaking, cydia or most things techie...I am real old school... when I read posts like this I don't think of the big techie picture, just the interplay between mom and kids. Just shows you where my heart and mind are. Sorry if I seemed to be praising the action of jaibreaking. That is not what I meant. I just wanted to let her know I appreciated her efforts to inform us of what happened. Rachel, haven't heard those horror stories, so glad you added that. And Sapphera, as always you supply humor and perspective. Thanks for info!!!

I was interested in cydia some years ago because it provided much more than the first versions of ios. Devices looked so individual. Thats one advantage of cydia and that's why I know the basics. But on the other side cydia offers the chance to install apps without using the iTunes store. You'll lose any guarantee by installing it and will be in trouble each time iOS is updated. Not sure if that's true but I could imagine as soon as apple decides not to tolerate jailbreaks anymore, these people are having problems. And I doubt someone who doesn't exactly know that would be able to install cydia. So they are sure about the consequences but don't care. And as I said most time it's not about being smart enough to trick big companies, most times it hits smaller businesses and freelancers. Being one of them, I don't feel sorry for anyone gets caught or destroys the device.

Surely you couldn't know what's behind these things, most people don't, that why I wanted to explain the situation.

I also jail broke my iPod to get the treats and every and I wish I haven't done it because now I can't play it and I tried until breaking it and resetting and every thing but it still wouldn't let me pleased could you in ban me because I have learnt my lesson and that's too not hack thingS because cheats never win .... So please can you unan me and I will be soo grateful

Wow, another one. Don't know what's more unbelieveable. The fact that you committed a crime - what you did doesn't differ from robbery or not paying your bills - or that some of you were unbanned, if thats true. I think even asking therefore is outrageous. Sorry for these clear words but I've zero tolerance for such a behavior and you can't tell anyone, that you had no idea that such stuff is wrong.

They only regret it because they got caught. If they were able to successfully access their game and have all the free treats they wanted, they sure wouldn't be on here saying they'd learnt their lesson that stealing is wrong. Didn't we all learn that in kindergarten?

Obviously some didn't learn that. And it's especially difficult to understand that there's no difference between stealing virtual or intellectual things and common robbery. It's simply wrong and someone who's able to run cydia and to find the hack must be smart enough to know that. Can't say this too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    Yes, we detected you had modified our game and banned you according to our policy.
    WOW! I just found out that PG can react very quickly when they are aware of a problem....interesting!
    Maybe there's hope concerning the "vanishing friends"... Still waiting for them to fix that irritating bug!!
    Last edited by so133; 08-03-12 at 08:27 PM.

Longtime Tapper

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by rachelm7 View Post
    They only regret it because they got caught. If they were able to successfully access their game and have all the free treats they wanted, they sure wouldn't be on here saying they'd learnt their lesson that stealing is wrong. Didn't we all learn that in kindergarten?
    Agree wholeheartedly! Well-said, Rachelm7.
    PG, way to go!
    Got a good laugh amidst the hectic PH time table juggling... Hope they learn their lessons and, no hard feelings, it's a harsh reminder that there's no easy way to succeed.
    Game centre ID: yeoyen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast